SUMMARY: The Utah Jazz used electric ball movement and a brilliant game plan to exploit the Milwaukee Bucks in a 121-108 win.
- The Jazz set a franchise record 18 3-point makes and had brilliant ball movement all night. The Bucks are the most aggressive defense in the NBA; They double the ball off every pick and they over-shift to the strong side more than any team in the NBA. The Jazz were perfectly prepared for the Bucks’ defense and moved the ball all night, finishing with 31 assists. They ball faked, threw skip passes and toyed with the Bucks’ defense as though they were on strings on most of all their made shots.
- The Jazz got 10 corner-3 shots tonight and made seven of them. That is a huge amount. It is not the 20 they got last year against the Bucks, but it was still a lot. The Bucks have altered their defense to try to take away the corner-3 since they got so exploited last year.
- The Jazz have now beaten the Milwaukee Bucks in 16 straight games in Salt Lake City. It is the third longest streak by any home team in NBA history. The last time the Bucks won in Salt Lake was 2001
- The Jazz took 40% of their shots from 3. To do this without a bona fide one-on-one breakdown player is a tribute to the offense, the ball movement, the teamwork and the system.
- The Jazz came into the game number one in the league in setting picks and number one in passes made, which showed tonight as they abused the Bucks more and more on every pass and every pick.
- It didn’t feel like Giannis Antetokounmpo had a great night and he finished with 27 points, 13 rebounds and 5 assists. That is a tribute to what an incredible player he is. He seemed unstoppable at times. It just felt normal.
- The Jazz only had 10 turnovers tonight despite all the passing. The Bucks are third in the NBA at forcing turnovers.
- Joe Ingles had a regular season career high with 9 assists tonight. He is also 21 of his last 31 from 3. That is absurd.
- Rodney Hood took over the game for a period and ended up with 21 points for his 12th straight game in double figures, which I believe is the longest streak of his career with double figures. He is a much better offensive player right now. He is above average in efficiency for the first time in his career and he is doing it with an increased usage rate.
- Donovan Mitchell has spurts where he just jumps off the floor. Whenever I watch a college game (rarely to be honest), my rule is an NBA player has to jump off the floor. A good example is when I was watching Stanley Johnson and this kid from UCLA kept jumping off the screen. It was Norman Powell. Donovan is doing this in NBA games. He is doing this against the best players in the world. To jump off the floor as an elite player in your first 20 games as a rookie is rarified air.
- The Jazz’s December schedule is brutal and Utah could play well and still lose almost of all of their games. At the same time, the Western Conference is not what we anticipated, and if the Jazz can stay above water it may turn out to be a nine-team race for eight spots.
JAZZ GAME REWIND: 2nd Half propels Toronto past the youthful Jazz
The Jazz fell short in the second half as the Toronto defense shut the new-look Jazz down in route to cruising to an 114 – 82 Raptors victory. Lauri Markkanen shined for the Jazz with 20 points and 5 rebounds but the Raptors length and athleticism proved to be too much for the Jazz riding a dominant 3rd quarter to pull away from the Jazz who played well in the first half, only trailing by one.
Relive the game through the radio highlights. Voiced by Leif Thulin.
Utah Jazz trade Rudy Gobert – the emotions, the decision making, what did we get and what now
The Utah Jazz traded Rudy Gobert on Friday after a 4th of July weekend to soak in the biggest news of the NBA trade season we try to digest what it means for the Utah Jazz. David Locke, radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA Insider, take a look at all angles of the Rudy Gobert trade. The emotions of losing one of your own and a beloved player like Rudy Gobert. The player that we knew how great he was and had to argue on his behalf and now someone else gets the pleasure. Locke revisits the decision making tree of the Utah Jazz and how they got to trading Rudy Gobert and why they took this trade rather than other options that may have been on the table for the Utah Jazz. Then Locke looks into what did we really get in this trade and what are the possibilities of benefit for trading one of the great players in franchise history. A look at each of the 5 first round picks and what they could become and the margin starts to expand the farther out you go. Then are the Utah Jazz re-building? Why now would be the question. That is a decision that the Jazz don’t need to make for the some time. Summer league kicks off today and what are the Utah Jazz looking for and who could make an impression. What the Jazz want to see from Jared Butler Locked On Jazz Podcast 💻 https://www.lockedonjazz.net/ 🎧 LockedOnJazz.com https://buff.ly/2FEZTVY 🎧 Apple https://apple.co/3Dc8QBq 🎧 Spotify https://spoti.fi/3IfvgVX 🎧Stitcher https://bit.ly/3pkGyzB 🎧 Google https://bit.ly/3I8TwJz
NBA Free Agency is here for the Utah Jazz
NBA Free Agency is day is here for the Utah Jazz. What can we expect to take place? Will the Utah Jazz make a trade? Is this the day Rudy Gobert or Mike Conley or Donovan Mitchell gets traded? Do the Jazz have a free agency move to be made? David Locke, radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA insider take a look at all of these questions and gives you the free agency primer. Is the market drying up on the Utah Jazz? The Clippers and Wizards have already made moves and the Atlanta Hawks have used their draft capital. Rumors continue with Rudy Gobert at the forefront and we take a look at what those deals might be for the Utah Jazz and what would have to be included to make a deal happen. Then a look at the Utah Jazz options at the tax payer mid level contractsand what the Jazz current roster looks like and what could take place. Locked On Jazz Podcast 💻 https://www.lockedonjazz.net/ 🎧 LockedOnJazz.com https://buff.ly/2FEZTVY 🎧 Apple https://apple.co/3Dc8QBq 🎧 Spotify https://spoti.fi/3IfvgVX 🎧Stitcher https://bit.ly/3pkGyzB 🎧 Google https://bit.ly/3I8TwJz
- JAZZ GAME REWIND: 2nd Half propels Toronto past the youthful Jazz October 2, 2022
- Utah Jazz trade Rudy Gobert – the emotions, the decision making, what did we get and what now July 5, 2022
- NBA Free Agency is here for the Utah Jazz June 30, 2022
- New Utah Jazz Head Coach Will Hardy: What formed him, what influences, style of play and staff June 29, 2022
- Utah Jazz free agency decision making tree, the case for Johnnie Bryant and NBA Menus June 28, 2022