Utah Jazz v. Memphis Grizzlies
Tune in on 97.5 FM, the Utah Jazz app, Audio League Pass.
If you are audio league pass subscriber then active the NBA skill on Alexa and ask her to play utah jazz basketball and you get the call
Key: Jazz shots in restricted area.
Jazz 11 Grizzlies 2 with 7:33 left in 1st quarter
Great start for the Jazz
In the first two games the Jazz were 4 of 21 on corner 3s
Ingles and Favors have hit thier first two tonight.
Derrick Favors is now 5 of his last 9 on corner 3 shots
Jazz 29 Grizzlies 29 with 6:31 left in the 2nd quater
Gobert with 3 fouls with 7:57
Big stretch the Jazz have been -20 per 100 possessions with Favors and no Gobert this year.
Defensive Rating of 113.8
Grizzlies 43 Jazz 40 at the half.
Jazz outscored 20 to 14 with Gobert off the floor in 7:57.
Jazz defense last year was above average (104.5) with Rudy off the floor. Haven’t been able to do that this year.
2nd Quarter offense – 6 of 17 and 0 for 4 from 3
Rudy Gobert 0 shot attempts
Jazz had only 22 shot attempts at the rim v. Memphis in first two games
They have 11 at halftime tonight.
Jazz have taken only 5 of 39 shots on right side of the floor. Memphis forcing everything left
Here is the Jazz 1st half shot chart
Grizzlies 56 Jazz 54 with 5:59 left in the 3rd quarter
No change to this game. Still without any flow
Ill-advised fouls by Rubio and Exum at 35 feet put Jazz in the penalty early in the quarter
Grizzlies 62 Jazz 56 with 4:41 left in the 3rd quarter
Foul trouble really causing the Jazz problems tonight
Jazz got outscored without Gobert and now are missing Rubio who is on the bench with 4 fouls badly.
Jazz 64 Grizzlies 62 with 2:59 left in the 3rd quarter
Dante Exum shows great resiliency. Made a really bad turnover that turned into a fastbreak for Memphis. Now he answers with back to back buckets and some great defense
Jazz 81 Grizzlies 78 with 6:39 left in the 4th quarter
Jazz 3 of 12 in 4th
Grizzlies 4 of 10 in 4th
Both offensive ratings under 100
Jazz 88 Grizzlies 81 with 3:36 left in the 4th quarter
Rudy Gobert and Marc Gasol are both so awesome.
Gasol cuts off every drive
Gobert length impacts every play
Incredible work by both
Rudy has dominated the last few minutes scoring on follows and defense
The legend Joe Ingles has reached new heights. Joe Ingles is playing with tape across his head in the style of headband to deal with the bleeding and the cut they can’t stop. Joe Ingles is Australian Rules Football Player who happened to grow into a basketball player
Jazz win in Memphis – 3rd time is a charm
Jazz 96 Memphis 88
Rudy Gobert dominated the game – 15 points, 16 rebounds and +15
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Donovan Mitchell and Rudy Gobert are all-star, Mike Conley left off again, previewing the Lakers
Utah Jazz radio voice and Jazz NBA Insider David Locke, host Locked On Jazz daily. On Today’s episode
- Donovan Mitchell and Rudy Gobert make the all-star team
- Mike Conley is left off again. A look at the history of guards in the Mike Conley era
- Why Mike Conley would have been deserving of an all-star bid
- The offense in the NBA is breaking the game
- The Los Angeles Lakers are lacking that punch of some of the best teams
- Quin Snyder Wednesday on Mike Conley, Jordan Clarkson and Joe Ingles
LOCKED ON JAZZ – In depth breakdown of Jazz blitz of the Hornets, Mike Conley’s All-Star chances and Power Ranking Tuesday
David Locke is the radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA insider on today’s edition of Locked On Jazz
- Locke breaks down the Jazz massive 3rd quarter/4th quarter run and what spurred it on
- Donovan Mitchell and Rudy Gobert were the bookends to the brilliance and the depth showed in the middle
- Jordan Clarkson’s unselfish play and Georges Niang’s defense will be overshadowed by the shot making
- Locke looks at Mike Conley’s all-star chances
- We hear from the Locked On Lakers and Locked On Suns hosts
- It is Power Ranking Tuesday and the Jazz hold the #1 spot and projections have them taking the #1 seed by a lot
Jazz Game Rewind – Jazz break record for 3’s in a game…again
If you missed tonights action, we’ll get you caught up with tonights Jazz Game Rewind! The Utah Jazz went on a 41-11 run to swat the Hornets hopes of getting an upset win tonight, inning 132-110. They connected on a franchise record 28 three-pointers, led by Georges Niang’s 7-7 shooting from three!
- LOCKED ON JAZZ – Donovan Mitchell and Rudy Gobert are all-star, Mike Conley left off again, previewing the Lakers February 24, 2021
- LOCKED ON JAZZ – In depth breakdown of Jazz blitz of the Hornets, Mike Conley’s All-Star chances and Power Ranking Tuesday February 23, 2021
- Jazz Game Rewind – Jazz break record for 3’s in a game…again February 23, 2021
- POSTCAST – Georges Niang 7 times !!! Utah Jazz set franchise record with 28 threes in win over Charlotte February 23, 2021
- Quin Snyder Coaches Show – Jazz vs Hornets 02/22/21 February 22, 2021
Utah Jazz2 weeks ago
POSTCAST – Passion filled POSTCAST about how brilliant the Utah Jazz have been this year
Utah Jazz6 days ago
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Did Clippers write defensive script? Can Rudy Gobert be more dominant? Cord cutting and buy out market for the Utah Jazz
Utah Jazz1 week ago
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Dwayne Wade has Donovan Mitchell as All-Star Starter, Previewing the Clippers, Quin Snyder Wednesday
Utah Jazz1 week ago
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Jordan Clarkson’s vibe and history, Donovan Mitchell’s pass is the fabric of the team