EMPTYING THE NOGGIN
Summary: The Indiana Pacers took control of the game early and as long as Victor Oladipo was on the floor were in complete control on their way to a 109-94 win over the Utah Jazz.
- The Indiana Pacers might be really good. They are now 24-20 but when Victor Oladipo plays they are 24-15. Tonight they were the superior team.
- The Jazz made two runs in the game and both times were when Victor Oladipo was off the floor. The Pacers have been considerably better all season when he is on the floor, but tonight it was ridiculous as the Pacers were +27 when Oladipo was on the floor and -12 the 13 minutes he was on the bench.
- The Jazz offense is really struggling. They came in 30th over the last 15 games and were missing wide open looks for much of the night. It feels a bit collective right now. They are getting looks. Donovan Mitchell, in particular, is getting enough attention to get guys open looks, but they are not going down.
- Jazz were down 20 going to the 4th quarter 85-65. Neither side of the ball was strong. Ricky Rubio was 1 for 7. Rodney Hood was 3 for 10, Royce O’Neale was 2 for 6, Jonas Jerebko was 2 for 6, The Jazz collectively were 5 of 24 from three.
- Thank goodness for Donovan Mitchell. He had another superb night. He had 23 points on 8 of 16 shooting. He continues to find a way to score in an efficient manner.
- Derrick Favors was a beast around the rim tonight, going 8 of 12 from the field. The defense was not good when he was on the floor tonight as the Jazz were outscored by 30 points when he was on the floor.
- Joe Ingles has been awesome all year extending himself to 30 plus minutes a night and giving the Jazz everything he has. However, he seems to be on empty. He didn’t score in 20 minutes or get a rebound. Ingles is not always a big scorer but he is a crocked box score guy with lots of diversity to his game and right now that is not with him.
- The Jazz looked worn out. No other way to say it. It was a tough night for the Jazz.
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Donovan Mitchell on off court legacy, on court development and this year’s Jazz. Craig Bolerjack kicks off preview series
Donovan Mitchell signed his extension and then discussed what he will do with his new found wealth, how his off court legacy is what matters most to him, how is game changed in the bubble and how this year’s group will need to integrate. Then David Locke, the radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA Insider, sits down the with voice of the Utah Jazz Craig Bolerjack to discuss the upcoming season and Donovan Mitchell’s development.
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Creating the Jazz rotation for the upcoming season and winners and losers of free agency
David Locke, the radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA Insider was very surprised by the structure of the schedule and he talks about why. The Utah Jazz will allow fans in the stands on a limited basis. Locke looks into the rotation of the Utah Jazz and how to put together all of this talent and finally who were the winners and losers of Free Agency.
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Dark Mode, Western Conference Over Unders where do Utah Jazz sit?
The Utah Jazz revealed dark mode and it was kinda awesome. David Locke, radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA insider makes his case for a color change for the Utah Jazz. Then he looks at the Western Conference over unders and where the Jazz and the rest of the West sit. Plus, a quick look at the Utah Jazz rotation for the upcoming season.
- LOCKED ON JAZZ – Donovan Mitchell on off court legacy, on court development and this year’s Jazz. Craig Bolerjack kicks off preview series November 30, 2020
- LOCKED ON JAZZ – Creating the Jazz rotation for the upcoming season and winners and losers of free agency November 25, 2020
- LOCKED ON JAZZ – Dark Mode, Western Conference Over Unders where do Utah Jazz sit? November 24, 2020
- LOCKED ON JAZZ – Mitchell re-signs rookie extension, Favors returns to Utah, Clarkson comes back to lead the Bench November 23, 2020
- BREAKING LOCKED ON JAZZ- The Utah Jazz have signed Derrick Favors and re-signed Jordan Clarkson November 20, 2020
Utah Jazz1 week ago
BREAKING LOCKED ON JAZZ- The Utah Jazz have signed Derrick Favors and re-signed Jordan Clarkson
Utah Jazz2 weeks ago
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Why did the Jazz go big? Who are Udoka Azubuike and Elijah Hughes?
Utah Jazz1 week ago
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Mitchell re-signs rookie extension, Favors returns to Utah, Clarkson comes back to lead the Bench
Utah Jazz1 week ago
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Free Agency Day. What can the Utah Jazz do? The 7 best listener trades