Day 3 of Utah Jazz Training Camp
- Thabo Sefolosha sat out today with a mild ankle sprain
- When Quin Snyder took job his key phrase was “obvious unselfishness” today he changed it slightly to “obvious selflessness.” This might be the same or this might show where the team is. The unselfishness was what he wanted someone to see when they watched the Jazz play. With the incredible depth on this roster the selflessness may have more to do with internal items. The Jazz have one of the deepest rosters and one of the most versatile roster in the NBA. The impact of this is that playing time and rolls could vary night to night, week to week and month to month.
- Speaking of rolls being different Dante Exum talked to the media about playing with Ricky Rubio and Donovan Mitchell. Against almost every team in the league this combination could be successful. For Dante whose strength is his speed and first step to play off the action of Ricky and Donovan would allow him to get the ball with an advantage most of the time and use that strength. Dante says he is comfortable playing and guarding 3s and playing off the ball. He said that during the summer in the games in Los Angeles he was often guarding NBA 3s and didn’t have a problem with it.
- The flip side of this would be a lineup of Joe Inlges, Alec Burks and Royce O’Neale. All good ball handlers, none of them a point guard. However, in Quin Snyder’s system maybe this could find its way on the floor. The point is not that the aforementioned lineup would be on the floor, but it easily could be on the floor together. The Jazz have 7 players who can flip between the 1 thru 3 position and all but Rubio could probably play all 3 of those positions in Quin’s offense.
- Could you imagine if the Jazz first substitution is Dante Exum for Joe Ingles and Jae Crowder for Derrick Favors or Rudy Gobert. This could be a heck of a speed lineup to change the pace and speed of the game. Then you have Ingles and Favors coming off the floor they could re-surface together in the 2nd quarter and that was one of the best pick and roll combinations the Jazz had all of last season. Again, numerous options.
- Nothing is set in stone and with the truncated pre-season Quin Snyder has limited time to discover what combinations he wants to use, but it clear his options are endless and that is why he needs “obvious selflessness.”
- Quin Snyder said the team is working on getting more precise with the actions.
- What is nice for Quin is that the adjustments he has made during the off-season are off the base plays that the players already know and so he is able to teach the adjustments and the precision to those adjustments without having to teach alignment or play structure.
- Jazz will have the 2nd two a day with a night practice tomorrow. Friday they will practice in the morning and have the open event on Friday night.
Utah Jazz trade Rudy Gobert – the emotions, the decision making, what did we get and what now
The Utah Jazz traded Rudy Gobert on Friday after a 4th of July weekend to soak in the biggest news of the NBA trade season we try to digest what it means for the Utah Jazz. David Locke, radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA Insider, take a look at all angles of the Rudy Gobert trade. The emotions of losing one of your own and a beloved player like Rudy Gobert. The player that we knew how great he was and had to argue on his behalf and now someone else gets the pleasure. Locke revisits the decision making tree of the Utah Jazz and how they got to trading Rudy Gobert and why they took this trade rather than other options that may have been on the table for the Utah Jazz. Then Locke looks into what did we really get in this trade and what are the possibilities of benefit for trading one of the great players in franchise history. A look at each of the 5 first round picks and what they could become and the margin starts to expand the farther out you go. Then are the Utah Jazz re-building? Why now would be the question. That is a decision that the Jazz don’t need to make for the some time. Summer league kicks off today and what are the Utah Jazz looking for and who could make an impression. What the Jazz want to see from Jared Butler Locked On Jazz Podcast 💻 https://www.lockedonjazz.net/ 🎧 LockedOnJazz.com https://buff.ly/2FEZTVY 🎧 Apple https://apple.co/3Dc8QBq 🎧 Spotify https://spoti.fi/3IfvgVX 🎧Stitcher https://bit.ly/3pkGyzB 🎧 Google https://bit.ly/3I8TwJz
NBA Free Agency is here for the Utah Jazz
NBA Free Agency is day is here for the Utah Jazz. What can we expect to take place? Will the Utah Jazz make a trade? Is this the day Rudy Gobert or Mike Conley or Donovan Mitchell gets traded? Do the Jazz have a free agency move to be made? David Locke, radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA insider take a look at all of these questions and gives you the free agency primer. Is the market drying up on the Utah Jazz? The Clippers and Wizards have already made moves and the Atlanta Hawks have used their draft capital. Rumors continue with Rudy Gobert at the forefront and we take a look at what those deals might be for the Utah Jazz and what would have to be included to make a deal happen. Then a look at the Utah Jazz options at the tax payer mid level contractsand what the Jazz current roster looks like and what could take place. Locked On Jazz Podcast 💻 https://www.lockedonjazz.net/ 🎧 LockedOnJazz.com https://buff.ly/2FEZTVY 🎧 Apple https://apple.co/3Dc8QBq 🎧 Spotify https://spoti.fi/3IfvgVX 🎧Stitcher https://bit.ly/3pkGyzB 🎧 Google https://bit.ly/3I8TwJz
New Utah Jazz Head Coach Will Hardy: What formed him, what influences, style of play and staff
Reports have the Utah Jazz hiring Will Hardy as their new head coach. The 34 year old assistant to the Boston Celtics and formerly of the San Antionio Spurs is on the verge of becoming the next head coach of the Utah Jazz. The Jazz believe in Hardy giving him a reportidly 5 year deal. David Locke, the radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA Insider, breaks down the influences that formed Will Hardy from his unique college experience at Williams College to his journey to the Spurs bench and all the coaches that have touched him along the way. One thing has been universally true about Will Hardy, everyone knew he was on the path to great things and leading people. The quotes about him from his high school coach to his college coach to Gregg Popovich all tell the same story. Locke also digs into what he believes the style of play will be and what will happen with his coaching staff.
3:00: What is Will Hardy’s journey
5:00: The influence of Williams College
8:00: Curt Tong, the life changer
12:00: Quotes from his coaches
15:00: 6 to 60 it didn’t matter
24:00: Style of play
28:00: Will Alex Jensen stay with the Utah Jazz
31:00: Coaching circles
Locked On Jazz Podcast 💻 https://www.lockedonjazz.net/ 🎧 LockedOnJazz.com https://buff.ly/2FEZTVY 🎧 Apple https://apple.co/3Dc8QBq 🎧 Spotify https://spoti.fi/3IfvgVX 🎧Stitcher https://bit.ly/3pkGyzB 🎧 Google https://bit.ly/3I8TwJz
- Utah Jazz trade Rudy Gobert – the emotions, the decision making, what did we get and what now July 5, 2022
- NBA Free Agency is here for the Utah Jazz June 30, 2022
- New Utah Jazz Head Coach Will Hardy: What formed him, what influences, style of play and staff June 29, 2022
- Utah Jazz free agency decision making tree, the case for Johnnie Bryant and NBA Menus June 28, 2022
- The case for Alex Jensen for Utah Jazz head coach, NBA Free Agency dominos and NBA menus June 27, 2022