Day 3 of Utah Jazz Training Camp
- Thabo Sefolosha sat out today with a mild ankle sprain
- When Quin Snyder took job his key phrase was “obvious unselfishness” today he changed it slightly to “obvious selflessness.” This might be the same or this might show where the team is. The unselfishness was what he wanted someone to see when they watched the Jazz play. With the incredible depth on this roster the selflessness may have more to do with internal items. The Jazz have one of the deepest rosters and one of the most versatile roster in the NBA. The impact of this is that playing time and rolls could vary night to night, week to week and month to month.
- Speaking of rolls being different Dante Exum talked to the media about playing with Ricky Rubio and Donovan Mitchell. Against almost every team in the league this combination could be successful. For Dante whose strength is his speed and first step to play off the action of Ricky and Donovan would allow him to get the ball with an advantage most of the time and use that strength. Dante says he is comfortable playing and guarding 3s and playing off the ball. He said that during the summer in the games in Los Angeles he was often guarding NBA 3s and didn’t have a problem with it.
- The flip side of this would be a lineup of Joe Inlges, Alec Burks and Royce O’Neale. All good ball handlers, none of them a point guard. However, in Quin Snyder’s system maybe this could find its way on the floor. The point is not that the aforementioned lineup would be on the floor, but it easily could be on the floor together. The Jazz have 7 players who can flip between the 1 thru 3 position and all but Rubio could probably play all 3 of those positions in Quin’s offense.
- Could you imagine if the Jazz first substitution is Dante Exum for Joe Ingles and Jae Crowder for Derrick Favors or Rudy Gobert. This could be a heck of a speed lineup to change the pace and speed of the game. Then you have Ingles and Favors coming off the floor they could re-surface together in the 2nd quarter and that was one of the best pick and roll combinations the Jazz had all of last season. Again, numerous options.
- Nothing is set in stone and with the truncated pre-season Quin Snyder has limited time to discover what combinations he wants to use, but it clear his options are endless and that is why he needs “obvious selflessness.”
- Quin Snyder said the team is working on getting more precise with the actions.
- What is nice for Quin is that the adjustments he has made during the off-season are off the base plays that the players already know and so he is able to teach the adjustments and the precision to those adjustments without having to teach alignment or play structure.
- Jazz will have the 2nd two a day with a night practice tomorrow. Friday they will practice in the morning and have the open event on Friday night.
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Donovan Mitchell on off court legacy, on court development and this year’s Jazz. Craig Bolerjack kicks off preview series
Donovan Mitchell signed his extension and then discussed what he will do with his new found wealth, how his off court legacy is what matters most to him, how is game changed in the bubble and how this year’s group will need to integrate. Then David Locke, the radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA Insider, sits down the with voice of the Utah Jazz Craig Bolerjack to discuss the upcoming season and Donovan Mitchell’s development.
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Creating the Jazz rotation for the upcoming season and winners and losers of free agency
David Locke, the radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA Insider was very surprised by the structure of the schedule and he talks about why. The Utah Jazz will allow fans in the stands on a limited basis. Locke looks into the rotation of the Utah Jazz and how to put together all of this talent and finally who were the winners and losers of Free Agency.
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Dark Mode, Western Conference Over Unders where do Utah Jazz sit?
The Utah Jazz revealed dark mode and it was kinda awesome. David Locke, radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA insider makes his case for a color change for the Utah Jazz. Then he looks at the Western Conference over unders and where the Jazz and the rest of the West sit. Plus, a quick look at the Utah Jazz rotation for the upcoming season.
- LOCKED ON JAZZ – Donovan Mitchell on off court legacy, on court development and this year’s Jazz. Craig Bolerjack kicks off preview series November 30, 2020
- LOCKED ON JAZZ – Creating the Jazz rotation for the upcoming season and winners and losers of free agency November 25, 2020
- LOCKED ON JAZZ – Dark Mode, Western Conference Over Unders where do Utah Jazz sit? November 24, 2020
- LOCKED ON JAZZ – Mitchell re-signs rookie extension, Favors returns to Utah, Clarkson comes back to lead the Bench November 23, 2020
- BREAKING LOCKED ON JAZZ- The Utah Jazz have signed Derrick Favors and re-signed Jordan Clarkson November 20, 2020
Utah Jazz1 week ago
BREAKING LOCKED ON JAZZ- The Utah Jazz have signed Derrick Favors and re-signed Jordan Clarkson
Utah Jazz2 weeks ago
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Why did the Jazz go big? Who are Udoka Azubuike and Elijah Hughes?
Utah Jazz1 week ago
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Mitchell re-signs rookie extension, Favors returns to Utah, Clarkson comes back to lead the Bench
Utah Jazz1 week ago
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Free Agency Day. What can the Utah Jazz do? The 7 best listener trades