Starting lineups are back out and no surprises
Rondo, Holiday, Moore, Davis and Okafor for the Pelicans
Rubio, Mitchell, Ingles, Favors and Gobert for the Jazz
Keys to game
1) Transition – Pels #1 in Pace of Play since Cousins injury
2) Restricted area – Pels take 4th most in restricted. Jazz allow 4th fewest
3) Jazz ability to get and hit Corner 3. Jazz take 27% of their 3 pt shots as corner 3s and highest rate in the NBA
Jazz 17 Pelicans 13 with 6:19 left in the 1st quarter. Derrick Favors picks up his third foul and for the rest of the half the Jazz will likely have to play Udoh as the back up 5 and Jerebko and Crowder as the 4. Big
Early Pace of play is incredibly fast. Pels are 1st in pace since Cousins went out and they are rushing up and getting action before Jazz defense is set.
Jazz 23 Pelicans 13 with 4:01 left. Davis first drive at Gobert ended in a miss and altered shot same true for Holiday let’s see how they attack Gobert for the rest of the night
Derrick Favors picking up the 3rd foul in the 1st quarter has entirely changed the game. Pelicans on a 16-4 run. Jazz were up 8 when Gobert check out of the game. Tied at 29 with 10:27 left in 2nd Q
Jazz outscored 28-19 in 2nd quarter and trail at the half 51-48. Jazz 12 offensive rebounds and yet only 2 2nd chance points in the game. Not shooting it well 33% and 5 of 18 from 3
Zach Guthrie said at halftime interview that they needed to break the paint before getting shots and get the blender going. On defense more disciple and keeping Pels out of transition.
We are charting Pelicans possession in first half of the shot clock v. the back half of the shot clock. Pelicans get 41 shots per game in 1st half. At halftime it is 27 shots in first half of shots clock and 22 in 2nd half
Pelicans are rolling and Anthony Davis is dominating the game. Jazz can’t get anything offensively near the basket – Gobert 2 for 10, Mitchell 1 for 9. Leaving the Jazz with Rubio from mid range. Pelicans largest lead of the game 66-57
Ohhh Donovan. 13 points in the last 2:36 of the third quarter and the Jazz take the lead 78-74. First two were on an attack when Davis didn’t get back defensively then Davis checked out and Donovan went to rim time and time again.
Jazz go on a 34-14 run from the 5:00 mark of the 3rd quarter to the 7:30 mark of the 4th quarter and now lead it 93-84 with 6:59 left. Donovan Mitchell started the run with 18 points in 2:51. Ricky Rubio leads all Jazz scored with 23 points
Royce O’Neale with a 3 and the Jazz have surged to a 98-85 lead with 5:24 lead. Jazz looking for 18th win in 20 games and 11th straight on the road. Pelicans haven’t lost in 10 games with Anthony Davis. GO JAZZ !!!!
Jazz close the game on a 59-33 run over the final 17 minutes. Again the defensive rating is below 101. Ricky Rubio finishes with 30 points, 10 rebounds and 7 assists. Rudy Gobert said it “This one was hard.” 18 of last 20 for the Jazz
Jazz win the season series from the Pelicans with a 116-99 win.
West by losses
New Orleans 28
San Antonio 29
Oklahoma City 29
Utah 30 – Jazz were at 28 on January 22nd
Quin Snyder Coaches Show – Jazz @ Clippers Game 6
Tune in prior to tip-off as Utah Jazz head coach Quin Snyder sits down with David Locke to preview Game 6 of these playoffs!
The Utah Jazz will not lose Game 6 and here is why
David Locke, radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA Insider, brings you the daily podcast on the Utah Jazz, Locked On Jazz.
THE UTAH JAZZ WILL NOT LOSE GAME 6
Game 5 Review – Some anaylsis, some anaylitcs and some fandom about Utah Jazz and Los Angeles Clippers
David Locke, the radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA Insider, brings you the daily podcast on the Utah Jazz, Locked On Jazz
* What the Clippers switching and trapping defense is doing to the Utah Jazz?
* The Jazz struggles in isolation are not a surprise
* The Jazz defense is not having an impact on the series
- What are the Clippers running that is negating the jazz defense
- *The Clippers without Kawhi still have three guys that were #1 options on a team and it showed
- * 3 plays early that make you scratch your head
- * Was their a lack of urgency early?
- Quin Snyder Coaches Show – Jazz @ Clippers Game 6 June 18, 2021
- The Utah Jazz will not lose Game 6 and here is why June 18, 2021
- Game 5 Review – Some anaylsis, some anaylitcs and some fandom about Utah Jazz and Los Angeles Clippers June 17, 2021
- JAZZ GAME REWIND- The Jazz Cant Keep Up Their Hot Start And Lose Game 5 June 17, 2021
- QUIN SNYDER COACHES SHOW- Getting Back To Jazz Style Offense June 17, 2021
Utah Jazz1 week ago
What is Donovan Mitchell becoming, Utah Jazz answer every call, Not a sustainable way to win
Utah Jazz3 days ago
What are the Los Angeles Clippers doing to the Utah Jazz?
Utah Jazz1 week ago
Donovan Mitchell is doing remarkable things, Rudy Gobert is bending shot charts and 2 plays that changed the game
Utah Jazz2 weeks ago
Who are the Los Angeles Clippers and how have they changed? Looking back at regular season match-ups