Utah Jazz slicing up the Oklahoma City Thunder defense off to a 16 to 4 start. Mitchell with an amazing start. 9 points. Jazz want Thunder late in the shot clock have them late on 5 of first 7 possessions
Pace has been very fast
Thunder offensive rating is 104.5
Jazz offensive rating is 92.9
Jazz only turning it over on 10% of possessions but not making shot. 4 of 14 from 3.
Joe Ingles has no assists and no rebounds. That has not happened all season in the first half of a game
Two points of view
Optimist – Thunder stars have been great and Jazz are just 4 of 14 from three and down 6.
Pessimist: Their stars are great and the playoffs are a stars time.
Playoff P is fabulous tonight. Paul George has 26 points of 9 of 14 from the field. Paul George is a real problem for the Jazz in this series. Thunder lead it 62-53 with 8:50 left in the 3rd quarter
Last time someone showed something as much Thunder showed the replay on Rubio is Buckwheat has been shot on SNL
The foul on Gobert did not exist on the replay I saw and it was his 4th and he goes to the bench with Jazz down 68-61
This doesn’t feel good. Jazz trail 70-61 and feels like a lot more or that it is about to be a lot more. Whistle not going there way. No rhythm to the offense. Westbrook usually checks out right now. Jazz need to go on run.
Paul George is unreal. 31 points on 17 shots. 7 of 10 from three. Donovan Mitchell has been great 23 points and 10 rebounds. However, Mitchell in serious pain and going to the locker-room
DONOVAN MITCHELL IS GOING TO THE LOCKER-ROOM. WAS IN MAJOR PAIN IN HIS FOOT
Donovan Mitchell is on his way to the Thunder locker-room to get x-rays of his foot acccording to @tonyparkszone
Paul George is unstoppable so Jazz have broken out of their normal defense and are doubling the ball. George unselfishly has moved the ball out of the double each time and Abrines has two three pointers. Thunder up 92-80 with 8:23. Paul George has been amazing in all facets
Donovan Mitchell now getting ready to check back in the game
Donovan Mitchell becomes the 12th rookie in NBA history to score 27 points in his first playoff game. Brandon Jennings in 2010 had 34 and Derrick Rose has 36 in 2009
Russell Westbrook does not care about his numbers don’t watch him ask him
Thunder have been great tonight. If this is playoff Thunder look out. Paul George brilliant. Carmelo not a negative. Westbrook has made enough shots and they are 14 of 28 from three. They are as good as they can be right now
Thunder win Game 1 116-108 — Paul George was fabulous 36 points on 13 of 20 shooting. Westbrook had 29 points on 10 of 25 (think the Jazz would be ok with that on most nights) Thunder 14 of 29 from three
Wackiness in the West, reminder on how good Mike Conley has been and who is the best offensive player in the NBA
David Locke, radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA Insider delivers the daily podcast on the Utah Jazz, Locked On Jazz.
* The wackiness in the West and how it all stands as we head into the final weekend
- Mike Conley returns and the great season he has had for the Utah Jazz
- The lineups we get back with Mike Conley
- the pick and roll returns with Rudy Gobert
- Points Gained for the final time of the year. Who is the best offensive player in the NBA?
- How are the Jazz players the same or different than a year ago
Staying above water has been amazing but Jazz are running out of steam and live audience
David Locke, radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA Insider, brings you the daily podcast on the Utah Jazz, Locked On Jazz
- Blazers had a great game plan v. the Utah Jazz
- Jazz are amazing to have stayed above water without Donovan and Mike
- However, Jazz are wearing out and a lot is being asked of Joe Ingles and Jordan Clarkson
- Warriors and Blazers were playing playoff games and it showed
- Biggest concern on the Jazz
- Completely freaking out.
Jazz Game Rewind – Jazz offense sluggish as they fall to Blazers
The Utah Jazz fall short to the Portland Blazers, 105-98, as the offense struggled to get into a rhythm while still missing their two All-stars. For a recap of tonight’s action, tune into this edition of Jazz Game Rewind!
- Wackiness in the West, reminder on how good Mike Conley has been and who is the best offensive player in the NBA May 14, 2021
- Staying above water has been amazing but Jazz are running out of steam and live audience May 13, 2021
- Jazz Game Rewind – Jazz offense sluggish as they fall to Blazers May 13, 2021
- POSTCAST – Jazz offense wears down and Dame and CJ have the answers May 13, 2021
- Quin Snyder Coaches Show – Quin on Gobert and guarding Lillard May 12, 2021
Utah Jazz7 days ago
POSTCAST – Utah Jazz get massive win over Denver Nuggets and bodacious performance from Bojan
Utah Jazz1 week ago
Bojan Bogdanovic taking advantage, Quin figuring this group out, shot charts
Utah Jazz1 week ago
What former Utah Jazz player not named Stockton or Malone would you put on this Jazz team?
Utah Jazz1 week ago
Length has been impressive defensively, transition defense improvement, live edition