Jazz and Kings about to start.
Jazz record last time they were in Sacramento 17-26
Willie Cauley-Stein is out tonight for the Kings
Biggest things to watch for Jazz is shots in the restricted area (had a season high 35 last night) and above the break 3. Jazz struggling 23 of last 92
Buddy Hield of the Kings has the biggest discrepancy between catch and shoot v. off the bounce 3 point shooting. On catch and shoot he is one of the best in the NBA at 53% and off the bounce just 29%
Jazz lead it 20-13. Jazz with 5 field goals in the restricted area and the Kings with 0. Rudy Gobert impacts every play.
Time and time again the Kings are driving to the basket and curling away from Gobert. All 5 Jazz starters have scored
Jazz on a 13-4 run to close the quarter. Kings went from 6:02 mark to .07.6 left in the quarter without a field goal.
Kings didn’t take a shot in the restricted area with Gobert in the game. Favors has 6 pts as does Crowder. Jazz up 25-17 after 1
I don’t believe the Kings have taken a shot in the restricted area with Rudy Gobert on the floor. Kings have 6 points in the paint on 3 of 15 shooting. Gobert is dominating this game with his existence. Jazz 40-25
Kings close the 1st half on a 14-7 run yet the Jazz still leads it 52-43 at the half. Donovan Mitchell 14 points and Jae Crowder 12 points. Jazz defensive rating in the 1st half is 89
Jazz lead it 75-66 after an 18 point lead disappears with the Kings closing on a 9-2 run. Kings really picked up the defensive effort late. @bigTbailey said Jazz need better shot selection early in the 4th
Derrick Favors is just a beast around the basket. Tweeted earlier today about his rim finishing at over 82% since middle of January. He has 15 points and 8 rebounds and is 7 of 10 shooting plus a three.
Kings haven’t been within 7 points since 25-20 in the 2nd quarter. Jazz controlled this game without much flair. 92-79
Donovan Mitchell has 25 points for the 21st time in his first 60 games. Since 1992 the only players to exceed that are Shaq and Iverson
Jazz win it. 98-91. Never threatened. Donovan Mitchell finished with 27 points, The Wasatch Front (Gobert and Favors) combine for 31 points and 20 rebounds
QUIN SNYDER COACHES SHOW- Pregame prior to Utah @ OKC
David Locke chats with Jazz head coach Quin Snyder prior to tip against OKC.
Wackiness in the West, reminder on how good Mike Conley has been and who is the best offensive player in the NBA
David Locke, radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA Insider delivers the daily podcast on the Utah Jazz, Locked On Jazz.
* The wackiness in the West and how it all stands as we head into the final weekend
- Mike Conley returns and the great season he has had for the Utah Jazz
- The lineups we get back with Mike Conley
- the pick and roll returns with Rudy Gobert
- Points Gained for the final time of the year. Who is the best offensive player in the NBA?
- How are the Jazz players the same or different than a year ago
Staying above water has been amazing but Jazz are running out of steam and live audience
David Locke, radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA Insider, brings you the daily podcast on the Utah Jazz, Locked On Jazz
- Blazers had a great game plan v. the Utah Jazz
- Jazz are amazing to have stayed above water without Donovan and Mike
- However, Jazz are wearing out and a lot is being asked of Joe Ingles and Jordan Clarkson
- Warriors and Blazers were playing playoff games and it showed
- Biggest concern on the Jazz
- Completely freaking out.
- QUIN SNYDER COACHES SHOW- Pregame prior to Utah @ OKC May 14, 2021
- Wackiness in the West, reminder on how good Mike Conley has been and who is the best offensive player in the NBA May 14, 2021
- Staying above water has been amazing but Jazz are running out of steam and live audience May 13, 2021
- Jazz Game Rewind – Jazz offense sluggish as they fall to Blazers May 13, 2021
- POSTCAST – Jazz offense wears down and Dame and CJ have the answers May 13, 2021
Utah Jazz7 days ago
POSTCAST – Utah Jazz get massive win over Denver Nuggets and bodacious performance from Bojan
Utah Jazz1 week ago
Bojan Bogdanovic taking advantage, Quin figuring this group out, shot charts
Utah Jazz1 week ago
What former Utah Jazz player not named Stockton or Malone would you put on this Jazz team?
Utah Jazz1 week ago
Length has been impressive defensively, transition defense improvement, live edition