Poor start for the Utah Jazz. Trail it 12-5. Celtics averaging 1.7 pts per possession offensively. Celtics will switch every thing and the Jazz will still need to be able to attack. Don’t think Rudy gets much roll action tonight
Joe Ingles just flipped the bounce pass like he was skipping rocks across the river to Derrick Favors who went down to grab and then rose up and finished. That play is the perfect example of both Ingles and Favors brilliance
Rudy Gobert played 11 of the hardest minutes I have ever seen him play. He was gassed when he came out. Celtics have taken 11 of 22 shots in the mid-range. Held Celtics 4:45 without field goal and a 13-0 run by Jazz
End of the 1st quarter – Jazz 24 Celtics 18. Celtics offensive rating is a 75.9. Gobert 6 points, 6 rebounds. Mitchell 5 pts
Celtics on a 8-0 run as the Jazz 2nd team was out of control
Celtics lead it by 4 on a 16-4 run. Jazz offense is turning it over a ton 9 turnovers. And Mitchell can’t find room
Boston in total control 26-6 run up 12
Mentioned this today on Locked on Jazz. Celtics are #1 team in NBA guarding the above the break 3 and since All-Star Break the Jazz have been making just 29%. In the first half the Jazz are 0 for 10 on ATB 3
Boston leads it at the half 48-39. Jazz have 10 turnover and are 4 of 16 from three. Rubio has taken 10 shots, most on the Jazz and that is by design of the Celtics defense.
Celtics went 2 for 9 in the paint in the 1st quarter and went 7 of 10 in the 2nd quarter.
Jazz fire back behind a 10 point Donovan Mitchell run. Boston 58-54 with 6:41 left. Donovan with 10 in quarter 15 in the game.
Jae Crowder denies the inbound pass to Terry Rozier forcing a 5 second call and then hits the three on the next possession to give the Jazz the lead 62 to 58 with 5:12 left in the 3rd quarter – 8-0 run by the Jazz
Jazz are in control of the game up by 10 and then Boston went to the zone defense and the Jazz couldn’t keep an offensive rhythm. Jazz went 1 for 7 shooting against the zone and the 1 was quick. Jazz lead it 71-67 heading to the 4th
A poignant moment in the quarter break as Ron Boone talks about 5 for the 5 fight with the arena crowd and how he lost his wife Jackie to cancer. Text JAZZ to 50555 to give $5 to the fight against cancer
Jazz can’t get away. Terry Rozier hit back to back threes for Boston and the Jazz lead is down to 4 with 6:57 left. Boston has late game players in Roziers, Brown and Tatum for when this game is close late.
Donovan Mitchell scores his 20th point for the 41st time this year
Last 10 years (2008-09)
2011 Blake 55 times
2004 Carmelo 49
2010 Tyreke 41
2013 Lillard 41
Last 20 years (1998-99)
2008 Kevin Durant 44 times
2000 Elton Brand 41
Jazz go scoreless for the final 2:25 and the Celtics go on a 9-0 run capped off by a Jaylen Brown 3 with .3 seconds left to give the Celtics a 97-94 win
QUIN SNYDER COACHES SHOW- Pregame prior to Utah @ OKC
David Locke chats with Jazz head coach Quin Snyder prior to tip against OKC.
Wackiness in the West, reminder on how good Mike Conley has been and who is the best offensive player in the NBA
David Locke, radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA Insider delivers the daily podcast on the Utah Jazz, Locked On Jazz.
* The wackiness in the West and how it all stands as we head into the final weekend
- Mike Conley returns and the great season he has had for the Utah Jazz
- The lineups we get back with Mike Conley
- the pick and roll returns with Rudy Gobert
- Points Gained for the final time of the year. Who is the best offensive player in the NBA?
- How are the Jazz players the same or different than a year ago
Staying above water has been amazing but Jazz are running out of steam and live audience
David Locke, radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA Insider, brings you the daily podcast on the Utah Jazz, Locked On Jazz
- Blazers had a great game plan v. the Utah Jazz
- Jazz are amazing to have stayed above water without Donovan and Mike
- However, Jazz are wearing out and a lot is being asked of Joe Ingles and Jordan Clarkson
- Warriors and Blazers were playing playoff games and it showed
- Biggest concern on the Jazz
- Completely freaking out.
- QUIN SNYDER COACHES SHOW- Pregame prior to Utah @ OKC May 14, 2021
- Wackiness in the West, reminder on how good Mike Conley has been and who is the best offensive player in the NBA May 14, 2021
- Staying above water has been amazing but Jazz are running out of steam and live audience May 13, 2021
- Jazz Game Rewind – Jazz offense sluggish as they fall to Blazers May 13, 2021
- POSTCAST – Jazz offense wears down and Dame and CJ have the answers May 13, 2021
Utah Jazz7 days ago
POSTCAST – Utah Jazz get massive win over Denver Nuggets and bodacious performance from Bojan
Utah Jazz1 week ago
Bojan Bogdanovic taking advantage, Quin figuring this group out, shot charts
Utah Jazz1 week ago
What former Utah Jazz player not named Stockton or Malone would you put on this Jazz team?
Utah Jazz1 week ago
Length has been impressive defensively, transition defense improvement, live edition