Day 1 for the Utah Jazz training camp is in the books.
- The Jazz held a morning session and an evening session in the first of 2 a days.
- The morning sessions had the 5 on 5 portions of the practice while the evening was without contact. The collective bargaining agreement only allows one of the two sessions to have 5 on 5 actions.
- Quin Snyder’s big message was incremental differences. Quin’s point seems to be that no one needs to do anything dramatic. He mentioned if Rudy Gobert grabs one more offensive rebound or if Donovan can go to the line one more time or Royce O’Neal turns a mid-range jumper into a 3 or Ricky Rubio makes one less turnover. These are the incremental differences that Quin is looking for this training camp.
- The message that is not last year’s team was evident again. However, it was clear the Jazz were able to get a quick start with a huge amount of corporate knowledge in the group.
- Quin Snyder said that players go from training to practicing to developing habits. That is the progression for a player and rookie Grayson Allen is in the training stage. Everything is going very fast for the rookie and at some point it will slow down and he can take in the information and then be practicing.
- Quin Snyder called Ricky Rubio an opportunistic scorer. I thought that was a good way to look at his role.
- Former Jazzman Raul Lopez is back with the Jazz and part of the coaching staff. Lopez has a relationship with both Ricky Rubio as well as the new Jazz coach Fotis Katsikaris whom he played for in Greece. Quin Snyder said he is planning on being with the team most of the season, but the specifics were not clearly defined.
Rudy Gobert dominates, should Joe Ingles be in starting lineup and Utah Jazz blowout win
The Utah Jazz had their best performance of the NBA Season with a blowout win over the Portland Trailblazers. The Jazz took advantage of all the Trailblazers weaknesses breaking their defense time and time again. Rudy Gobert was a dominanting defensive force. Joe Ingles thrived in the starting lineup and the Jazz have looked revitalized the last two games. David Locke, radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA Insider brings you the daily podcast on the Utah Jazz, Locked On Jazz, Now live each morning on You Tube
POSTCAST – Best performance of the season by the Utah Jazz
The Utah Jazz dominate the Portland Trailblazers on both ends of the floor in their best performance of the season. The offense broke the Blazers defensive strategy time and time again and on the defensive side Rudy Gobret altered the game as he does do often. In addition, the Utah Jazz took care of the ball and were able to play defense in the halfcourt. David Locke and Ron Boone bring you POSTCAST after every Jazz game
20 games into the NBA season, what do we know about the Jazz, the West and the NBA
20 games into an NBA season is the mark where the records mean something, the data is an indicator of performance and the playoff picture is surprisingly clear. What do we know about the Utah Jazz 20 games into the season, the West and the NBA David Locke, radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA Insider brings you the daily podcast on the Utah Jazz, Locked On Jazz, Now live each morning on You Tube Plus on Monday’s it is trends Monday and the Jazz get ready for the Portland Trailblazers
- Rudy Gobert dominates, should Joe Ingles be in starting lineup and Utah Jazz blowout win November 30, 2021
- POSTCAST – Best performance of the season by the Utah Jazz November 30, 2021
- 20 games into the NBA season, what do we know about the Jazz, the West and the NBA November 29, 2021
- POSTCAST – Jazz get revenge and catch fire v. Pelicans November 27, 2021
- POSTCAST – The Jazz lose another close one at home as a review opens the door for the New Orleans Pelicans November 27, 2021
Utah Jazz2 weeks ago
Rudy Gay’s debut and journey, A single play for Joe Ingles and 3 players are busting the NBA
Utah Jazz2 weeks ago
Rudy Gay returns, Toronto Raptors might be worst matchup for Utah Jazz and aging
Utah Jazz2 weeks ago
POSTCAST – Rudy Gay shines in his debut and Utah Jazz three point shooting arrives
Utah Jazz1 week ago
Dissapointing loss to Memphis Grizzlies, Defensive deep dive and some lineup issues