Day 1 for the Utah Jazz training camp is in the books.
- The Jazz held a morning session and an evening session in the first of 2 a days.
- The morning sessions had the 5 on 5 portions of the practice while the evening was without contact. The collective bargaining agreement only allows one of the two sessions to have 5 on 5 actions.
- Quin Snyder’s big message was incremental differences. Quin’s point seems to be that no one needs to do anything dramatic. He mentioned if Rudy Gobert grabs one more offensive rebound or if Donovan can go to the line one more time or Royce O’Neal turns a mid-range jumper into a 3 or Ricky Rubio makes one less turnover. These are the incremental differences that Quin is looking for this training camp.
- The message that is not last year’s team was evident again. However, it was clear the Jazz were able to get a quick start with a huge amount of corporate knowledge in the group.
- Quin Snyder said that players go from training to practicing to developing habits. That is the progression for a player and rookie Grayson Allen is in the training stage. Everything is going very fast for the rookie and at some point it will slow down and he can take in the information and then be practicing.
- Quin Snyder called Ricky Rubio an opportunistic scorer. I thought that was a good way to look at his role.
- Former Jazzman Raul Lopez is back with the Jazz and part of the coaching staff. Lopez has a relationship with both Ricky Rubio as well as the new Jazz coach Fotis Katsikaris whom he played for in Greece. Quin Snyder said he is planning on being with the team most of the season, but the specifics were not clearly defined.
Utah Jazz trade Rudy Gobert – the emotions, the decision making, what did we get and what now
The Utah Jazz traded Rudy Gobert on Friday after a 4th of July weekend to soak in the biggest news of the NBA trade season we try to digest what it means for the Utah Jazz. David Locke, radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA Insider, take a look at all angles of the Rudy Gobert trade. The emotions of losing one of your own and a beloved player like Rudy Gobert. The player that we knew how great he was and had to argue on his behalf and now someone else gets the pleasure. Locke revisits the decision making tree of the Utah Jazz and how they got to trading Rudy Gobert and why they took this trade rather than other options that may have been on the table for the Utah Jazz. Then Locke looks into what did we really get in this trade and what are the possibilities of benefit for trading one of the great players in franchise history. A look at each of the 5 first round picks and what they could become and the margin starts to expand the farther out you go. Then are the Utah Jazz re-building? Why now would be the question. That is a decision that the Jazz don’t need to make for the some time. Summer league kicks off today and what are the Utah Jazz looking for and who could make an impression. What the Jazz want to see from Jared Butler Locked On Jazz Podcast 💻 https://www.lockedonjazz.net/ 🎧 LockedOnJazz.com https://buff.ly/2FEZTVY 🎧 Apple https://apple.co/3Dc8QBq 🎧 Spotify https://spoti.fi/3IfvgVX 🎧Stitcher https://bit.ly/3pkGyzB 🎧 Google https://bit.ly/3I8TwJz
NBA Free Agency is here for the Utah Jazz
NBA Free Agency is day is here for the Utah Jazz. What can we expect to take place? Will the Utah Jazz make a trade? Is this the day Rudy Gobert or Mike Conley or Donovan Mitchell gets traded? Do the Jazz have a free agency move to be made? David Locke, radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA insider take a look at all of these questions and gives you the free agency primer. Is the market drying up on the Utah Jazz? The Clippers and Wizards have already made moves and the Atlanta Hawks have used their draft capital. Rumors continue with Rudy Gobert at the forefront and we take a look at what those deals might be for the Utah Jazz and what would have to be included to make a deal happen. Then a look at the Utah Jazz options at the tax payer mid level contractsand what the Jazz current roster looks like and what could take place. Locked On Jazz Podcast 💻 https://www.lockedonjazz.net/ 🎧 LockedOnJazz.com https://buff.ly/2FEZTVY 🎧 Apple https://apple.co/3Dc8QBq 🎧 Spotify https://spoti.fi/3IfvgVX 🎧Stitcher https://bit.ly/3pkGyzB 🎧 Google https://bit.ly/3I8TwJz
New Utah Jazz Head Coach Will Hardy: What formed him, what influences, style of play and staff
Reports have the Utah Jazz hiring Will Hardy as their new head coach. The 34 year old assistant to the Boston Celtics and formerly of the San Antionio Spurs is on the verge of becoming the next head coach of the Utah Jazz. The Jazz believe in Hardy giving him a reportidly 5 year deal. David Locke, the radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA Insider, breaks down the influences that formed Will Hardy from his unique college experience at Williams College to his journey to the Spurs bench and all the coaches that have touched him along the way. One thing has been universally true about Will Hardy, everyone knew he was on the path to great things and leading people. The quotes about him from his high school coach to his college coach to Gregg Popovich all tell the same story. Locke also digs into what he believes the style of play will be and what will happen with his coaching staff.
3:00: What is Will Hardy’s journey
5:00: The influence of Williams College
8:00: Curt Tong, the life changer
12:00: Quotes from his coaches
15:00: 6 to 60 it didn’t matter
24:00: Style of play
28:00: Will Alex Jensen stay with the Utah Jazz
31:00: Coaching circles
Locked On Jazz Podcast 💻 https://www.lockedonjazz.net/ 🎧 LockedOnJazz.com https://buff.ly/2FEZTVY 🎧 Apple https://apple.co/3Dc8QBq 🎧 Spotify https://spoti.fi/3IfvgVX 🎧Stitcher https://bit.ly/3pkGyzB 🎧 Google https://bit.ly/3I8TwJz
- Utah Jazz trade Rudy Gobert – the emotions, the decision making, what did we get and what now July 5, 2022
- NBA Free Agency is here for the Utah Jazz June 30, 2022
- New Utah Jazz Head Coach Will Hardy: What formed him, what influences, style of play and staff June 29, 2022
- Utah Jazz free agency decision making tree, the case for Johnnie Bryant and NBA Menus June 28, 2022
- The case for Alex Jensen for Utah Jazz head coach, NBA Free Agency dominos and NBA menus June 27, 2022