SUMMARY: Jazz lose 9th in last 11 games in an uninspiring performance in Denver, final score 103-89.
- The Jazz got hit early in the first quarter when the shots didn’t fall and never regained their footing the entire night. The lack of shooting seemed to preclude them from staying engaged defensively.
- The 2nd quarter was when the wheels completely fell off. The Jazz shot 4 of 18 in the 2nd quarter and at halftime, the Jazz were 5 of 23 on 2 point shots.
- The Jazz didn’t make a non-paint 2 all night. The Jazz finished with 0 mid-range points. They hit just 2 2 point shots not in the restricted area all night.
- The Jazz should be the more physical team when playing the Nuggets and that was not the case tonight.
- The Jazz hit on just 1 of their first 6 shots and it seemed to take away their mojo for the night.
- Donovan Mitchell picked up two fouls being overly aggressive early and the Jazz were down 3 when he went out and Jazz missed 5 straight shots and were down 13 within 2 minutes.
- The Jazz bench didn’t have a good night. The bench was a combined 7 of 34 and 3 for 18 from three.
- Donovan Mitchell had 6 assists and 3 rebounds while finished with 13 points on 5 of 10 shooting.
- Favors scored 20 points for the 5th time this season after only doing it once all of last year.
- Joe Johnson has not found his offensive groove yet this season. He is now 36 of 95 and 6 of 36 from three.
- Tonight is the two year anniversary of Paul Pierce upending Alec Burks. What two years it has been for Alec.
- Naz Mitrou-Long was the feel-good story of the night. He got in the game and hit a three. He was home in Ontario and taking a nap when the call came that he was going to get a 2-way contract. His dad answered the call and woke him to tell him he was coming going to the NBA. How great is that? He then got busted in the face and had 9 stitches.
- This game wasn’t close. The Jazz went down by double digits at the 7:24 mark of the 2nd quarter and never had the ball with the game inside 10 points again. In the 2nd half, the Jazz never had the ball with the score any closer than 14 points.
- Jamal Murry got the Jazz in the first quarter with 13 points. Jokic was the force in the 2nd quarter and the Nuggets cruised after that.
- This was not a good performance by the Jazz. Quin Snyder talked about playing with force for most of shoot around today and the Jazz had very little offensive force. Zach Guthire said at halftime that the offense was too horizontal in the first half. In the second half, the Jazz had better ball movement and got better looks, but were shooting well enough to link anything together.
Jazz Game Rewind – Orlando falls to Donovan’s 2nd half magic show
If you missed tonight action, I’ll get you caught up in this edition of Jazz Game Rewind! The Utah Jazz struggled in the 1st half, but found their groove in the 2nd, as Donovan Mitchell dropped 25 second half points to lead Utah to a 124-109 victory
POSTCAST – Jazz are practically perfect in every way v. Magic
David Locke hosts POSTCAST after each Jazz game tonight the Jazz beat the Magic with thrid quarter surge and Donovan Mitchell commanding 2nd half play.
Quin Snyder Coaches Show – Jazz @ Magic
Time now for the Quin Snyder Coaches Show! Prior to tip-off, tune-in as Locke sits down with Utah Jazz head coach Quin Snyder to discuss slow first quarter starts vs dominant third quarter adjustments, and the matchup between Gobert and Vucevic.
- Jazz Game Rewind – Orlando falls to Donovan’s 2nd half magic show February 27, 2021
- POSTCAST – Jazz are practically perfect in every way v. Magic February 27, 2021
- Quin Snyder Coaches Show – Jazz @ Magic February 27, 2021
- JAZZ GAME REWIND- The Heat Get The Best Of The Jazz The Second Time Around February 26, 2021
- QUIN SNYDER COACHES SHOW- How Do Teams Try And Prep For Rudy Knowing How Dominant He Is February 26, 2021
Utah Jazz1 week ago
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Did Clippers write defensive script? Can Rudy Gobert be more dominant? Cord cutting and buy out market for the Utah Jazz
Utah Jazz2 weeks ago
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Dwayne Wade has Donovan Mitchell as All-Star Starter, Previewing the Clippers, Quin Snyder Wednesday
Utah Jazz2 weeks ago
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Jordan Clarkson’s vibe and history, Donovan Mitchell’s pass is the fabric of the team
Utah Jazz2 weeks ago
LOCKED ON JAZZ – The Utah Jazz are amazing, Hot Topic Debates MVP and Title Contender