SUMMARY: Jazz lose 9th in last 11 games in an uninspiring performance in Denver, final score 103-89.
- The Jazz got hit early in the first quarter when the shots didn’t fall and never regained their footing the entire night. The lack of shooting seemed to preclude them from staying engaged defensively.
- The 2nd quarter was when the wheels completely fell off. The Jazz shot 4 of 18 in the 2nd quarter and at halftime, the Jazz were 5 of 23 on 2 point shots.
- The Jazz didn’t make a non-paint 2 all night. The Jazz finished with 0 mid-range points. They hit just 2 2 point shots not in the restricted area all night.
- The Jazz should be the more physical team when playing the Nuggets and that was not the case tonight.
- The Jazz hit on just 1 of their first 6 shots and it seemed to take away their mojo for the night.
- Donovan Mitchell picked up two fouls being overly aggressive early and the Jazz were down 3 when he went out and Jazz missed 5 straight shots and were down 13 within 2 minutes.
- The Jazz bench didn’t have a good night. The bench was a combined 7 of 34 and 3 for 18 from three.
- Donovan Mitchell had 6 assists and 3 rebounds while finished with 13 points on 5 of 10 shooting.
- Favors scored 20 points for the 5th time this season after only doing it once all of last year.
- Joe Johnson has not found his offensive groove yet this season. He is now 36 of 95 and 6 of 36 from three.
- Tonight is the two year anniversary of Paul Pierce upending Alec Burks. What two years it has been for Alec.
- Naz Mitrou-Long was the feel-good story of the night. He got in the game and hit a three. He was home in Ontario and taking a nap when the call came that he was going to get a 2-way contract. His dad answered the call and woke him to tell him he was coming going to the NBA. How great is that? He then got busted in the face and had 9 stitches.
- This game wasn’t close. The Jazz went down by double digits at the 7:24 mark of the 2nd quarter and never had the ball with the game inside 10 points again. In the 2nd half, the Jazz never had the ball with the score any closer than 14 points.
- Jamal Murry got the Jazz in the first quarter with 13 points. Jokic was the force in the 2nd quarter and the Nuggets cruised after that.
- This was not a good performance by the Jazz. Quin Snyder talked about playing with force for most of shoot around today and the Jazz had very little offensive force. Zach Guthire said at halftime that the offense was too horizontal in the first half. In the second half, the Jazz had better ball movement and got better looks, but were shooting well enough to link anything together.
JAZZ GAME REWIND: 2nd Half propels Toronto past the youthful Jazz
The Jazz fell short in the second half as the Toronto defense shut the new-look Jazz down in route to cruising to an 114 – 82 Raptors victory. Lauri Markkanen shined for the Jazz with 20 points and 5 rebounds but the Raptors length and athleticism proved to be too much for the Jazz riding a dominant 3rd quarter to pull away from the Jazz who played well in the first half, only trailing by one.
Relive the game through the radio highlights. Voiced by Leif Thulin.
Utah Jazz trade Rudy Gobert – the emotions, the decision making, what did we get and what now
The Utah Jazz traded Rudy Gobert on Friday after a 4th of July weekend to soak in the biggest news of the NBA trade season we try to digest what it means for the Utah Jazz. David Locke, radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA Insider, take a look at all angles of the Rudy Gobert trade. The emotions of losing one of your own and a beloved player like Rudy Gobert. The player that we knew how great he was and had to argue on his behalf and now someone else gets the pleasure. Locke revisits the decision making tree of the Utah Jazz and how they got to trading Rudy Gobert and why they took this trade rather than other options that may have been on the table for the Utah Jazz. Then Locke looks into what did we really get in this trade and what are the possibilities of benefit for trading one of the great players in franchise history. A look at each of the 5 first round picks and what they could become and the margin starts to expand the farther out you go. Then are the Utah Jazz re-building? Why now would be the question. That is a decision that the Jazz don’t need to make for the some time. Summer league kicks off today and what are the Utah Jazz looking for and who could make an impression. What the Jazz want to see from Jared Butler Locked On Jazz Podcast 💻 https://www.lockedonjazz.net/ 🎧 LockedOnJazz.com https://buff.ly/2FEZTVY 🎧 Apple https://apple.co/3Dc8QBq 🎧 Spotify https://spoti.fi/3IfvgVX 🎧Stitcher https://bit.ly/3pkGyzB 🎧 Google https://bit.ly/3I8TwJz
NBA Free Agency is here for the Utah Jazz
NBA Free Agency is day is here for the Utah Jazz. What can we expect to take place? Will the Utah Jazz make a trade? Is this the day Rudy Gobert or Mike Conley or Donovan Mitchell gets traded? Do the Jazz have a free agency move to be made? David Locke, radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA insider take a look at all of these questions and gives you the free agency primer. Is the market drying up on the Utah Jazz? The Clippers and Wizards have already made moves and the Atlanta Hawks have used their draft capital. Rumors continue with Rudy Gobert at the forefront and we take a look at what those deals might be for the Utah Jazz and what would have to be included to make a deal happen. Then a look at the Utah Jazz options at the tax payer mid level contractsand what the Jazz current roster looks like and what could take place. Locked On Jazz Podcast 💻 https://www.lockedonjazz.net/ 🎧 LockedOnJazz.com https://buff.ly/2FEZTVY 🎧 Apple https://apple.co/3Dc8QBq 🎧 Spotify https://spoti.fi/3IfvgVX 🎧Stitcher https://bit.ly/3pkGyzB 🎧 Google https://bit.ly/3I8TwJz
- JAZZ GAME REWIND: 2nd Half propels Toronto past the youthful Jazz October 2, 2022
- Utah Jazz trade Rudy Gobert – the emotions, the decision making, what did we get and what now July 5, 2022
- NBA Free Agency is here for the Utah Jazz June 30, 2022
- New Utah Jazz Head Coach Will Hardy: What formed him, what influences, style of play and staff June 29, 2022
- Utah Jazz free agency decision making tree, the case for Johnnie Bryant and NBA Menus June 28, 2022