SUMMARY: Jazz lose 9th in last 11 games in an uninspiring performance in Denver, final score 103-89.
- The Jazz got hit early in the first quarter when the shots didn’t fall and never regained their footing the entire night. The lack of shooting seemed to preclude them from staying engaged defensively.
- The 2nd quarter was when the wheels completely fell off. The Jazz shot 4 of 18 in the 2nd quarter and at halftime, the Jazz were 5 of 23 on 2 point shots.
- The Jazz didn’t make a non-paint 2 all night. The Jazz finished with 0 mid-range points. They hit just 2 2 point shots not in the restricted area all night.
- The Jazz should be the more physical team when playing the Nuggets and that was not the case tonight.
- The Jazz hit on just 1 of their first 6 shots and it seemed to take away their mojo for the night.
- Donovan Mitchell picked up two fouls being overly aggressive early and the Jazz were down 3 when he went out and Jazz missed 5 straight shots and were down 13 within 2 minutes.
- The Jazz bench didn’t have a good night. The bench was a combined 7 of 34 and 3 for 18 from three.
- Donovan Mitchell had 6 assists and 3 rebounds while finished with 13 points on 5 of 10 shooting.
- Favors scored 20 points for the 5th time this season after only doing it once all of last year.
- Joe Johnson has not found his offensive groove yet this season. He is now 36 of 95 and 6 of 36 from three.
- Tonight is the two year anniversary of Paul Pierce upending Alec Burks. What two years it has been for Alec.
- Naz Mitrou-Long was the feel-good story of the night. He got in the game and hit a three. He was home in Ontario and taking a nap when the call came that he was going to get a 2-way contract. His dad answered the call and woke him to tell him he was coming going to the NBA. How great is that? He then got busted in the face and had 9 stitches.
- This game wasn’t close. The Jazz went down by double digits at the 7:24 mark of the 2nd quarter and never had the ball with the game inside 10 points again. In the 2nd half, the Jazz never had the ball with the score any closer than 14 points.
- Jamal Murry got the Jazz in the first quarter with 13 points. Jokic was the force in the 2nd quarter and the Nuggets cruised after that.
- This was not a good performance by the Jazz. Quin Snyder talked about playing with force for most of shoot around today and the Jazz had very little offensive force. Zach Guthire said at halftime that the offense was too horizontal in the first half. In the second half, the Jazz had better ball movement and got better looks, but were shooting well enough to link anything together.
Staying above water has been amazing but Jazz are running out of steam and live audience
David Locke, radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA Insider, brings you the daily podcast on the Utah Jazz, Locked On Jazz
- Blazers had a great game plan v. the Utah Jazz
- Jazz are amazing to have stayed above water without Donovan and Mike
- However, Jazz are wearing out and a lot is being asked of Joe Ingles and Jordan Clarkson
- Warriors and Blazers were playing playoff games and it showed
- Biggest concern on the Jazz
- Completely freaking out.
Jazz Game Rewind – Jazz offense sluggish as they fall to Blazers
The Utah Jazz fall short to the Portland Blazers, 105-98, as the offense struggled to get into a rhythm while still missing their two All-stars. For a recap of tonight’s action, tune into this edition of Jazz Game Rewind!
POSTCAST – Jazz offense wears down and Dame and CJ have the answers
David Locke and Ron Boone bring you POSTCAST after each Jazz game.
- Staying above water has been amazing but Jazz are running out of steam and live audience May 13, 2021
- Jazz Game Rewind – Jazz offense sluggish as they fall to Blazers May 13, 2021
- POSTCAST – Jazz offense wears down and Dame and CJ have the answers May 13, 2021
- Quin Snyder Coaches Show – Quin on Gobert and guarding Lillard May 12, 2021
- Where do we stand now? Will first round be the hardest for the Jazz? Portland preview May 12, 2021
Utah Jazz6 days ago
POSTCAST – Utah Jazz get massive win over Denver Nuggets and bodacious performance from Bojan
Utah Jazz1 week ago
What former Utah Jazz player not named Stockton or Malone would you put on this Jazz team?
Utah Jazz1 week ago
Bojan Bogdanovic taking advantage, Quin figuring this group out, shot charts
Utah Jazz1 week ago
Length has been impressive defensively, transition defense improvement, live edition