EMPTYING THE NOGGIN – A few too many misses and mistakes in Philly
SUMMARY: A hard fought possession by possession game goes the way of the Philadelphia 76ers in one the Jazz will wish they had back.
- The idea that the Jazz shot 4 of 22 from three, that they missed 16 free throws, trailed by 16 and still found a way to be in the game down to the final possessions is a tribute to the effort tonight. The Jazz really competed.
- The Sixers jumped out to a 18-4 lead tonight. The Jazz couldn’t get stops in the first quarter. The Sixers shot 13 of 15 from the field and 5 of 6 from three point range in the quarter. The Jazz only got 6 stops the whole quarter and allowed 38 points.
- The Jazz defense got better as the night went on. They held the Sixers to 8 of 24 and 0 for 5 from three in the 2nd In the third the Sixers scored 32 points with a more potent offensive quarter. The Jazz clamped back down to open the 4th quarter until they took a 5 point lead.
- The Jazz lead the game 95-90 with 8:35 left. A quick 6-0 run by the Sixers gave them the lead at 96-95. Then Embiid missed a free throw and as Ricky Rubio was coming up the front court Embiid knocked it away from him and it lead to a Butler dunk. Huge swing from having a change to re-gain the lead to down 3.
- The Jazz were able to re-gain the lead after Donovan hit score on 3 straight possessions and the Jazz were back up 3 with 3:50 left. The teams traded baskets until Embiid hit a three from the corner to tie the game at 103. We were tied at 105 and 107.
- Ricky Rubio got a steal and Jae Crowder made a great play hustling after Rubio’s missed layup to make it a 107-105 lead. Unfortunately, Rubio tried for the same steal again and fouled Redick at 30 feet away from the basket putting the 90% free throw shooter on the line for 2 and we were tied at 107.
- After a Donovan Mitchell miss, then the Sixers ran a cool play with JJ Redick and Ben Simmons. Simmons was dribbling at the top and Redick came to the ball when Rubio jumped top side to block Redick he just push Rubio into the back of Crowder allowing Simmons to drive straight to the basket. Jazz ran a nice play to get Ingles a wide open three but the pass back to him didn’t have the muster and it broke Joe’s rhythm and he airballed the three
- With the score 109-107 the Jazz miscommunicated and Jimmy Butler got a cut for a layup and the game.
- Jazz left 16 missed free throws on the table
- Jazz have not made a corner 3 in two games.
- Dante Exum had some really nice sequences tonight. He beat Markelle Fultz and created plays a the basket.
- Jae Crowder is in a shooting blip 9 of his last 46 from the field.
- Donovan Mitchell is beat up and 6 of his last 37 from three. Sixers had Jimmy Butler guard Donovan Mitchell down the stretch.
- Jazz defense has not been forcing turnovers and they forced 17 tonight.
- I left unimpressed by the Sixers.
- The Jazz shot an incredible 47% of their shots at the rim and only 21% of their shots as threes. This is a big increase in mid range shots. They made 14 of 30 mid range shots.
- The Jazz did a super job of keeping the Sixers in the half court.
- Moreover, Quin wanted the Jazz to play with more force offensively and they pushed off misses far better than they have all season
- The Jazz really battled. Down the stretch they made some mistakes that really hurt. Not making shots makes it really hard to win these games.
JAZZ GAME REWIND: 2nd Half propels Toronto past the youthful Jazz
The Jazz fell short in the second half as the Toronto defense shut the new-look Jazz down in route to cruising to an 114 – 82 Raptors victory. Lauri Markkanen shined for the Jazz with 20 points and 5 rebounds but the Raptors length and athleticism proved to be too much for the Jazz riding a dominant 3rd quarter to pull away from the Jazz who played well in the first half, only trailing by one.
Relive the game through the radio highlights. Voiced by Leif Thulin.
Utah Jazz trade Rudy Gobert – the emotions, the decision making, what did we get and what now
The Utah Jazz traded Rudy Gobert on Friday after a 4th of July weekend to soak in the biggest news of the NBA trade season we try to digest what it means for the Utah Jazz. David Locke, radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA Insider, take a look at all angles of the Rudy Gobert trade. The emotions of losing one of your own and a beloved player like Rudy Gobert. The player that we knew how great he was and had to argue on his behalf and now someone else gets the pleasure. Locke revisits the decision making tree of the Utah Jazz and how they got to trading Rudy Gobert and why they took this trade rather than other options that may have been on the table for the Utah Jazz. Then Locke looks into what did we really get in this trade and what are the possibilities of benefit for trading one of the great players in franchise history. A look at each of the 5 first round picks and what they could become and the margin starts to expand the farther out you go. Then are the Utah Jazz re-building? Why now would be the question. That is a decision that the Jazz don’t need to make for the some time. Summer league kicks off today and what are the Utah Jazz looking for and who could make an impression. What the Jazz want to see from Jared Butler Locked On Jazz Podcast 💻 https://www.lockedonjazz.net/ 🎧 LockedOnJazz.com https://buff.ly/2FEZTVY 🎧 Apple https://apple.co/3Dc8QBq 🎧 Spotify https://spoti.fi/3IfvgVX 🎧Stitcher https://bit.ly/3pkGyzB 🎧 Google https://bit.ly/3I8TwJz
NBA Free Agency is here for the Utah Jazz
NBA Free Agency is day is here for the Utah Jazz. What can we expect to take place? Will the Utah Jazz make a trade? Is this the day Rudy Gobert or Mike Conley or Donovan Mitchell gets traded? Do the Jazz have a free agency move to be made? David Locke, radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA insider take a look at all of these questions and gives you the free agency primer. Is the market drying up on the Utah Jazz? The Clippers and Wizards have already made moves and the Atlanta Hawks have used their draft capital. Rumors continue with Rudy Gobert at the forefront and we take a look at what those deals might be for the Utah Jazz and what would have to be included to make a deal happen. Then a look at the Utah Jazz options at the tax payer mid level contractsand what the Jazz current roster looks like and what could take place. Locked On Jazz Podcast 💻 https://www.lockedonjazz.net/ 🎧 LockedOnJazz.com https://buff.ly/2FEZTVY 🎧 Apple https://apple.co/3Dc8QBq 🎧 Spotify https://spoti.fi/3IfvgVX 🎧Stitcher https://bit.ly/3pkGyzB 🎧 Google https://bit.ly/3I8TwJz
- JAZZ GAME REWIND: 2nd Half propels Toronto past the youthful Jazz October 2, 2022
- Utah Jazz trade Rudy Gobert – the emotions, the decision making, what did we get and what now July 5, 2022
- NBA Free Agency is here for the Utah Jazz June 30, 2022
- New Utah Jazz Head Coach Will Hardy: What formed him, what influences, style of play and staff June 29, 2022
- Utah Jazz free agency decision making tree, the case for Johnnie Bryant and NBA Menus June 28, 2022