SUMMARY: A hard fought possession by possession game goes the way of the Philadelphia 76ers in one the Jazz will wish they had back.
- The idea that the Jazz shot 4 of 22 from three, that they missed 16 free throws, trailed by 16 and still found a way to be in the game down to the final possessions is a tribute to the effort tonight. The Jazz really competed.
- The Sixers jumped out to a 18-4 lead tonight. The Jazz couldn’t get stops in the first quarter. The Sixers shot 13 of 15 from the field and 5 of 6 from three point range in the quarter. The Jazz only got 6 stops the whole quarter and allowed 38 points.
- The Jazz defense got better as the night went on. They held the Sixers to 8 of 24 and 0 for 5 from three in the 2nd In the third the Sixers scored 32 points with a more potent offensive quarter. The Jazz clamped back down to open the 4th quarter until they took a 5 point lead.
- The Jazz lead the game 95-90 with 8:35 left. A quick 6-0 run by the Sixers gave them the lead at 96-95. Then Embiid missed a free throw and as Ricky Rubio was coming up the front court Embiid knocked it away from him and it lead to a Butler dunk. Huge swing from having a change to re-gain the lead to down 3.
- The Jazz were able to re-gain the lead after Donovan hit score on 3 straight possessions and the Jazz were back up 3 with 3:50 left. The teams traded baskets until Embiid hit a three from the corner to tie the game at 103. We were tied at 105 and 107.
- Ricky Rubio got a steal and Jae Crowder made a great play hustling after Rubio’s missed layup to make it a 107-105 lead. Unfortunately, Rubio tried for the same steal again and fouled Redick at 30 feet away from the basket putting the 90% free throw shooter on the line for 2 and we were tied at 107.
- After a Donovan Mitchell miss, then the Sixers ran a cool play with JJ Redick and Ben Simmons. Simmons was dribbling at the top and Redick came to the ball when Rubio jumped top side to block Redick he just push Rubio into the back of Crowder allowing Simmons to drive straight to the basket. Jazz ran a nice play to get Ingles a wide open three but the pass back to him didn’t have the muster and it broke Joe’s rhythm and he airballed the three
- With the score 109-107 the Jazz miscommunicated and Jimmy Butler got a cut for a layup and the game.
- Jazz left 16 missed free throws on the table
- Jazz have not made a corner 3 in two games.
- Dante Exum had some really nice sequences tonight. He beat Markelle Fultz and created plays a the basket.
- Jae Crowder is in a shooting blip 9 of his last 46 from the field.
- Donovan Mitchell is beat up and 6 of his last 37 from three. Sixers had Jimmy Butler guard Donovan Mitchell down the stretch.
- Jazz defense has not been forcing turnovers and they forced 17 tonight.
- I left unimpressed by the Sixers.
- The Jazz shot an incredible 47% of their shots at the rim and only 21% of their shots as threes. This is a big increase in mid range shots. They made 14 of 30 mid range shots.
- The Jazz did a super job of keeping the Sixers in the half court.
- Moreover, Quin wanted the Jazz to play with more force offensively and they pushed off misses far better than they have all season
- The Jazz really battled. Down the stretch they made some mistakes that really hurt. Not making shots makes it really hard to win these games.
Where do we stand now? Will first round be the hardest for the Jazz? Portland preview
David Locke, radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA Insider, brings you the daily podcast on the Utah Jazz, Locked On Jazz
- Reports from the three biggest games from Locked On experts
- * Where the playoff race stands today
- *Will the first round be the hardest for the Utah Jazz
- Donovan Mitchell out till playoffs
- Portland offense since the Powell trade
- Quin Snyder Wednesday on Bojan Bogdanovic, transition defense and Nikola Jokic
Jazz fall to Golden State in amazing Jordan Clarkson experience, Key parts of the game, Jazz are offensive team
David Locke, radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA insider, brings you the daily podcast on the Utah Jazz with Locked On Jazz
- Jazz lose to the Warriors
- Jordan Clarkson crazy night
- Defensive issues with Rudy Gobert off the floor
- Is Rudy Gobert having the greatest defensive season of all time
- Power Ranking Tuesday
JAZZ GAME REWIND- Despite A Heroic Comeback The Jazz Fall In The Golden Gate City
After a five game homestand, the Jazz headed to San Francisco to take on the Warriors. Here is a recap of how it went down at the Chase Center.
- Where do we stand now? Will first round be the hardest for the Jazz? Portland preview May 12, 2021
- Jazz fall to Golden State in amazing Jordan Clarkson experience, Key parts of the game, Jazz are offensive team May 11, 2021
- JAZZ GAME REWIND- Despite A Heroic Comeback The Jazz Fall In The Golden Gate City May 11, 2021
- QUIN SNYDER COACHES SHOW- Let Rudy Do What He Does And Be Rudy May 11, 2021
- POSTCAST — Furious comeback falls short v. Warriors May 11, 2021
Utah Jazz5 days ago
POSTCAST – Utah Jazz get massive win over Denver Nuggets and bodacious performance from Bojan
Utah Jazz1 week ago
Bojan Bogdanovic taking advantage, Quin figuring this group out, shot charts
Utah Jazz1 week ago
What former Utah Jazz player not named Stockton or Malone would you put on this Jazz team?
Utah Jazz2 weeks ago
Live Show – Utah Jazz blow out, Georges Niang’s development, Phoenix keeps winning , your questions