SUMMARY: A hard fought possession by possession game goes the way of the Philadelphia 76ers in one the Jazz will wish they had back.
- The idea that the Jazz shot 4 of 22 from three, that they missed 16 free throws, trailed by 16 and still found a way to be in the game down to the final possessions is a tribute to the effort tonight. The Jazz really competed.
- The Sixers jumped out to a 18-4 lead tonight. The Jazz couldn’t get stops in the first quarter. The Sixers shot 13 of 15 from the field and 5 of 6 from three point range in the quarter. The Jazz only got 6 stops the whole quarter and allowed 38 points.
- The Jazz defense got better as the night went on. They held the Sixers to 8 of 24 and 0 for 5 from three in the 2nd In the third the Sixers scored 32 points with a more potent offensive quarter. The Jazz clamped back down to open the 4th quarter until they took a 5 point lead.
- The Jazz lead the game 95-90 with 8:35 left. A quick 6-0 run by the Sixers gave them the lead at 96-95. Then Embiid missed a free throw and as Ricky Rubio was coming up the front court Embiid knocked it away from him and it lead to a Butler dunk. Huge swing from having a change to re-gain the lead to down 3.
- The Jazz were able to re-gain the lead after Donovan hit score on 3 straight possessions and the Jazz were back up 3 with 3:50 left. The teams traded baskets until Embiid hit a three from the corner to tie the game at 103. We were tied at 105 and 107.
- Ricky Rubio got a steal and Jae Crowder made a great play hustling after Rubio’s missed layup to make it a 107-105 lead. Unfortunately, Rubio tried for the same steal again and fouled Redick at 30 feet away from the basket putting the 90% free throw shooter on the line for 2 and we were tied at 107.
- After a Donovan Mitchell miss, then the Sixers ran a cool play with JJ Redick and Ben Simmons. Simmons was dribbling at the top and Redick came to the ball when Rubio jumped top side to block Redick he just push Rubio into the back of Crowder allowing Simmons to drive straight to the basket. Jazz ran a nice play to get Ingles a wide open three but the pass back to him didn’t have the muster and it broke Joe’s rhythm and he airballed the three
- With the score 109-107 the Jazz miscommunicated and Jimmy Butler got a cut for a layup and the game.
- Jazz left 16 missed free throws on the table
- Jazz have not made a corner 3 in two games.
- Dante Exum had some really nice sequences tonight. He beat Markelle Fultz and created plays a the basket.
- Jae Crowder is in a shooting blip 9 of his last 46 from the field.
- Donovan Mitchell is beat up and 6 of his last 37 from three. Sixers had Jimmy Butler guard Donovan Mitchell down the stretch.
- Jazz defense has not been forcing turnovers and they forced 17 tonight.
- I left unimpressed by the Sixers.
- The Jazz shot an incredible 47% of their shots at the rim and only 21% of their shots as threes. This is a big increase in mid range shots. They made 14 of 30 mid range shots.
- The Jazz did a super job of keeping the Sixers in the half court.
- Moreover, Quin wanted the Jazz to play with more force offensively and they pushed off misses far better than they have all season
- The Jazz really battled. Down the stretch they made some mistakes that really hurt. Not making shots makes it really hard to win these games.
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Creating the Jazz rotation for the upcoming season and winners and losers of free agency
David Locke, the radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA Insider was very surprised by the structure of the schedule and he talks about why. The Utah Jazz will allow fans in the stands on a limited basis. Locke looks into the rotation of the Utah Jazz and how to put together all of this talent and finally who were the winners and losers of Free Agency.
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Dark Mode, Western Conference Over Unders where do Utah Jazz sit?
The Utah Jazz revealed dark mode and it was kinda awesome. David Locke, radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA insider makes his case for a color change for the Utah Jazz. Then he looks at the Western Conference over unders and where the Jazz and the rest of the West sit. Plus, a quick look at the Utah Jazz rotation for the upcoming season.
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Mitchell re-signs rookie extension, Favors returns to Utah, Clarkson comes back to lead the Bench
Donovan Mitchell has signed his rookie extension with the Utah Jazz and is in the fold for the next 5 years. Derrick Favors returns to fix the problems of last year and Jordan Clarkson leads the bench unit again. David Locke, the radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA Insider, takes a look at where this puts the Jazz today and why getting Favors signed and Clarkson to return was so vital to the Jazz
- LOCKED ON JAZZ – Creating the Jazz rotation for the upcoming season and winners and losers of free agency November 25, 2020
- LOCKED ON JAZZ – Dark Mode, Western Conference Over Unders where do Utah Jazz sit? November 24, 2020
- LOCKED ON JAZZ – Mitchell re-signs rookie extension, Favors returns to Utah, Clarkson comes back to lead the Bench November 23, 2020
- BREAKING LOCKED ON JAZZ- The Utah Jazz have signed Derrick Favors and re-signed Jordan Clarkson November 20, 2020
- LOCKED ON JAZZ – Free Agency Day. What can the Utah Jazz do? The 7 best listener trades November 20, 2020
Utah Jazz5 days ago
BREAKING LOCKED ON JAZZ- The Utah Jazz have signed Derrick Favors and re-signed Jordan Clarkson
Utah Jazz6 days ago
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Why did the Jazz go big? Who are Udoka Azubuike and Elijah Hughes?
Utah Jazz5 days ago
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Free Agency Day. What can the Utah Jazz do? The 7 best listener trades
Utah Jazz1 week ago
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Trade season has started why it will be hard for Jazz to make deals, Desmond Bane has a comp it is a former Utah Jazz player