SUMMARY: As expected the Utah Jazz were the superior team in a pre-season match-up with the Sydney Kings rolling to a harmless win.
- Huge focus by the Jazz to increase tempo after misses. The Jazz did this early in the game and ran away to a big lead. However, they were unable to sustain that for the entire night and that is what is so hard about trying to be a running team is maintaining that level of energy for the entire night.
- The coaching staff wanted to make sure the Jazz never let the Kings get comfortable. They did this perfectly in the 1st quarter and took a commanding lead. However, in the 2nd quarter the Kings got more comfortable and outscored the Jazz in the 2nd The game got down to 9 points in the 3rd quarter before the Jazz took control.
- The Jazz played vertically at the rim all night. They were playing about the box all night. Ricky Rubio and Joe Ingles were feeding Rudy Gobert all night. It will be interesting to see against an NBA team with bigger guys if the Jazz are able to do the same thing.
- Dante Exum played tenacious defense in the 2nd half of the game and played with great juice.
- Alec Burks 4th quarter was super exciting. He unofficially had 5 assists in the quarter. More importantly, he played the game a step ahead. He was seeing plays as they happened or even before they happened. His weakness in the past has been and he has self-admitted this, that he didn’t know where he was going so none of his teammates knew where he was going. Tonight, it was against lesser talent, but he was really sharp and played ahead of the game.
- Rodney Hood for 18 points to lead the Jazz on 7 of 10 shooting. Mitchell had 11 off the bench on 4 of 8 shooting along with 3 assists.
- Rudy Gobert was dominant. He is so much longer than anyone else on the floor and it was something Sydney couldn’t handle, but nor can much of the NBA. He had 15 points and 10 rebounds in 28 minutes.
- Jazz played Derrick Favors and Rudy Gobert to start the 1st and 3rd Otherwise, the Jazz played Joe Johnson and Jonas Jerebko as the stretch 4 for most of the night. It will be really interesting to watch how the Jazz use their bigs and how much Favors and Gobert play together. Favors was the other center when Gobert was on the bench for much of the night.
- Donovan Mitchell was quiet in the 1st In the 2nd half he had some really nice plays. He went on a one on one drive and right when it looked like he going to force a shot he found Epke Udoh wide open for a dunk. Then the next play he spaced perfectly and hit a catch and shoot 3.
- Ricky Rubio is such a good passer the Jazz players are getting balls in places they never imagined. Both Favors and Gobert made great passes to the corner on mid rolls. This is a must because Rubio is going to get them the ball on the roll and if the defense shifts they have to be able to adjust and make that pass to the corner.
- The Sydney Kings were great fun. Andrew Gaze, the head coach, had a wonderful attitude and fun pre-game press conference. It was interesting to hear them talk about the different ball and the impact it had on their practices. Tom Garlepp joined us for our pre-game show and was a kick as well.
- The Kings gave the Jazz exactly what the Jazz needed. The Kings put up resistance and forced the Jazz to play the game correctly. They had enough talent to push the Jazz and the Jazz got a lot of tape they can learn from in game #1.
Quin Snyder Coaches Show – Jazz @ Clippers Game 6
Tune in prior to tip-off as Utah Jazz head coach Quin Snyder sits down with David Locke to preview Game 6 of these playoffs!
The Utah Jazz will not lose Game 6 and here is why
David Locke, radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA Insider, brings you the daily podcast on the Utah Jazz, Locked On Jazz.
THE UTAH JAZZ WILL NOT LOSE GAME 6
Game 5 Review – Some anaylsis, some anaylitcs and some fandom about Utah Jazz and Los Angeles Clippers
David Locke, the radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA Insider, brings you the daily podcast on the Utah Jazz, Locked On Jazz
* What the Clippers switching and trapping defense is doing to the Utah Jazz?
* The Jazz struggles in isolation are not a surprise
* The Jazz defense is not having an impact on the series
- What are the Clippers running that is negating the jazz defense
- *The Clippers without Kawhi still have three guys that were #1 options on a team and it showed
- * 3 plays early that make you scratch your head
- * Was their a lack of urgency early?
- Quin Snyder Coaches Show – Jazz @ Clippers Game 6 June 18, 2021
- The Utah Jazz will not lose Game 6 and here is why June 18, 2021
- Game 5 Review – Some anaylsis, some anaylitcs and some fandom about Utah Jazz and Los Angeles Clippers June 17, 2021
- JAZZ GAME REWIND- The Jazz Cant Keep Up Their Hot Start And Lose Game 5 June 17, 2021
- QUIN SNYDER COACHES SHOW- Getting Back To Jazz Style Offense June 17, 2021
Utah Jazz1 week ago
What is Donovan Mitchell becoming, Utah Jazz answer every call, Not a sustainable way to win
Utah Jazz3 days ago
What are the Los Angeles Clippers doing to the Utah Jazz?
Utah Jazz1 week ago
Donovan Mitchell is doing remarkable things, Rudy Gobert is bending shot charts and 2 plays that changed the game
Utah Jazz2 weeks ago
Who are the Los Angeles Clippers and how have they changed? Looking back at regular season match-ups