SUMMARY: A Bojan Bogdanovic game winning three gives the Jazz a 103-100 over the Milwaukee Bucks
- After a near colossal melt down the Utah Jazz survived with a 103-100 win with brilliant defensive plays by Rudy Gobert and a corner three from Bojan Boganovic.
- The Jazz had control of the game leading 100-92 with the basketball and 90 seconds to play and a litany of mistakes allowed the Bucks a chance to win the game with 8 seconds left. The Bucks had the ball and inbounded to the corner to Kris Middleton. When Middleton turned to shoot Rudy Gobert was there and Middleton opted to drop the ball hoping to not get called for a travel but was. Any other decision at that moment sends the game to overtime. Instead, the Jazz got 2 seconds left and Quin Snyder diagrammed a play where Bojan Bogdanovic flaired the corner got a good look a made the three.
- The Jazz lead this game by 20 at the half after a brilliant first half and a lot of poor Bucks shooting. The Jazz built a great defensive wall and didn’t give Giannis any room to drive. The way to think about would be a running back who couldn’t find a whole. The Jazz defenders got back and were connected and there was no where for Giannis to go. He went 0 for 1 in the first quarter and 0 for 7 in the first half. He had 3 points
- The Bucks didn’t take a shot at the rim in the first quarter
- Bojan Bogdanovic had another mammoth first quarter with 10 points.
- Mike Conley was terrific in the first half with 19 points. Unfortunately he got three fouls and had to be taken out of the game. The Bucks play their bigs at the rim and they drop back on the pick and roll to deny the rim. In turn, they give up the off the bounce three point shot and Conley took advantage in the first half to nail 4 three pointers off the bounce
- The Bucks shooting was miserable. They shot 22% in the first half and 22% from three. They were 5 of 23 shooting in both the first and the second quarter. Some of this was the Jazz defense forcing them out of their transition game but this was a bad night. The Bucks are the #1 offense in the NBA and #2 half court offense.
- The Bucks opened the game with Brook Lopez shooting threes because they wanted to pull Rudy out of the middle. It didn’t work as he missed the shots.
- Rudy Gobert had an amazing block on Giannis tonight.
- The Jazz held the #1 defense to below a point a possession
- After the slow first half Giannis had the highest scoring quarter of this career in the 3rd quarter and despite 2 points in the first half he finished with 30 points and 13 rebounds. He was unstoppable in the third quarter. Once he gets a rhythm and some energy it is over. He got to the rim, the drove over people and through people and he willed the Bucks back into the game.
- The Bucks took their first lead at 89-88 in the 4th quarter
- The Bucks got the game down to 2 in the third quarter and then it went back to 11 and then the Bucks lead and then the Jazz got it back to eight before they collapsed and then won it by 3.
- Beating the Bucks and the Sixers in back to back games is impressive. Now a stretch where the Jazz can find a rhythm.
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Was it another slight to the Utah Jazz? Donovan and Rudy picked last plus live audience questions
The Utah Jazz all-stars were picked last by LeBron James and Kevin Durant. Was this conscience by the two stars? Was this telling Utah to stay in their hierarchy of the NBA? Was this just fun? It all feels like another slight to the Utah Jazz in a remarkable season. David Locke, radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA Insider takes a look at all the options and interacts with a live audience
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Utah Jazz with a flurry of furious comments, great game v. Sixers, Twitter Thursday
The Utah Jazz fell in overtime to the Philadelphia 76ers and both Donovan Mitchell and Rudy Gobert had strong comments after the game. David Locke, the radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA Insider takes a look at those comments and where they come from plus a breakdown of a great game between two of the NBA best teams. Finally it is a Twitter Thursday and some great questions came in about style of play late, lineup choices late in the game and more.
JAZZ GAME REWIND- The Jazz Battled In Their Last Game Before the Break
The Jazz lost a tough one in overtime to the 76ers to close out the first half of the season. Here is a recap of how it all went down in Philadelphia.
- LOCKED ON JAZZ – Was it another slight to the Utah Jazz? Donovan and Rudy picked last plus live audience questions March 5, 2021
- LOCKED ON JAZZ – Utah Jazz with a flurry of furious comments, great game v. Sixers, Twitter Thursday March 4, 2021
- JAZZ GAME REWIND- The Jazz Battled In Their Last Game Before the Break March 3, 2021
- QUIN SNYDER COACHES SHOW- Donovan Is Letting The Game Come To Him March 3, 2021
- POSTCAST – Overtime loss to the Sixers sends the Jazz to break with some fury March 3, 2021
Utah Jazz1 week ago
LOCKED ON JAZZ – More record setting v. Los Angeles Lakers. Utah Jazz shot clock use tells a story
Utah Jazz1 week ago
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Donovan Mitchell and Rudy Gobert are all-star, Mike Conley left off again, previewing the Lakers
Utah Jazz1 week ago
LOCKED ON JAZZ – In depth breakdown of Jazz blitz of the Hornets, Mike Conley’s All-Star chances and Power Ranking Tuesday
Utah Jazz2 weeks ago
LOCKED ON JAZZ – 30 games in and status check on Utah Jazz. Donovan Mitchell and Rudy Gobert are better.