EMPTYING THE NOGGIN – Bojan Bogdanovic at the buzzer wins it for the Jazz
SUMMARY: A Bojan Bogdanovic game winning three gives the Jazz a 103-100 over the Milwaukee Bucks
- After a near colossal melt down the Utah Jazz survived with a 103-100 win with brilliant defensive plays by Rudy Gobert and a corner three from Bojan Boganovic.
- The Jazz had control of the game leading 100-92 with the basketball and 90 seconds to play and a litany of mistakes allowed the Bucks a chance to win the game with 8 seconds left. The Bucks had the ball and inbounded to the corner to Kris Middleton. When Middleton turned to shoot Rudy Gobert was there and Middleton opted to drop the ball hoping to not get called for a travel but was. Any other decision at that moment sends the game to overtime. Instead, the Jazz got 2 seconds left and Quin Snyder diagrammed a play where Bojan Bogdanovic flaired the corner got a good look a made the three.
- The Jazz lead this game by 20 at the half after a brilliant first half and a lot of poor Bucks shooting. The Jazz built a great defensive wall and didn’t give Giannis any room to drive. The way to think about would be a running back who couldn’t find a whole. The Jazz defenders got back and were connected and there was no where for Giannis to go. He went 0 for 1 in the first quarter and 0 for 7 in the first half. He had 3 points
- The Bucks didn’t take a shot at the rim in the first quarter
- Bojan Bogdanovic had another mammoth first quarter with 10 points.
- Mike Conley was terrific in the first half with 19 points. Unfortunately he got three fouls and had to be taken out of the game. The Bucks play their bigs at the rim and they drop back on the pick and roll to deny the rim. In turn, they give up the off the bounce three point shot and Conley took advantage in the first half to nail 4 three pointers off the bounce
- The Bucks shooting was miserable. They shot 22% in the first half and 22% from three. They were 5 of 23 shooting in both the first and the second quarter. Some of this was the Jazz defense forcing them out of their transition game but this was a bad night. The Bucks are the #1 offense in the NBA and #2 half court offense.
- The Bucks opened the game with Brook Lopez shooting threes because they wanted to pull Rudy out of the middle. It didn’t work as he missed the shots.
- Rudy Gobert had an amazing block on Giannis tonight.
- The Jazz held the #1 defense to below a point a possession
- After the slow first half Giannis had the highest scoring quarter of this career in the 3rd quarter and despite 2 points in the first half he finished with 30 points and 13 rebounds. He was unstoppable in the third quarter. Once he gets a rhythm and some energy it is over. He got to the rim, the drove over people and through people and he willed the Bucks back into the game.
- The Bucks took their first lead at 89-88 in the 4th quarter
- The Bucks got the game down to 2 in the third quarter and then it went back to 11 and then the Bucks lead and then the Jazz got it back to eight before they collapsed and then won it by 3.
- Beating the Bucks and the Sixers in back to back games is impressive. Now a stretch where the Jazz can find a rhythm.
JAZZ GAME REWIND: 2nd Half propels Toronto past the youthful Jazz
The Jazz fell short in the second half as the Toronto defense shut the new-look Jazz down in route to cruising to an 114 – 82 Raptors victory. Lauri Markkanen shined for the Jazz with 20 points and 5 rebounds but the Raptors length and athleticism proved to be too much for the Jazz riding a dominant 3rd quarter to pull away from the Jazz who played well in the first half, only trailing by one.
Relive the game through the radio highlights. Voiced by Leif Thulin.
Utah Jazz trade Rudy Gobert – the emotions, the decision making, what did we get and what now
The Utah Jazz traded Rudy Gobert on Friday after a 4th of July weekend to soak in the biggest news of the NBA trade season we try to digest what it means for the Utah Jazz. David Locke, radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA Insider, take a look at all angles of the Rudy Gobert trade. The emotions of losing one of your own and a beloved player like Rudy Gobert. The player that we knew how great he was and had to argue on his behalf and now someone else gets the pleasure. Locke revisits the decision making tree of the Utah Jazz and how they got to trading Rudy Gobert and why they took this trade rather than other options that may have been on the table for the Utah Jazz. Then Locke looks into what did we really get in this trade and what are the possibilities of benefit for trading one of the great players in franchise history. A look at each of the 5 first round picks and what they could become and the margin starts to expand the farther out you go. Then are the Utah Jazz re-building? Why now would be the question. That is a decision that the Jazz don’t need to make for the some time. Summer league kicks off today and what are the Utah Jazz looking for and who could make an impression. What the Jazz want to see from Jared Butler Locked On Jazz Podcast 💻 https://www.lockedonjazz.net/ 🎧 LockedOnJazz.com https://buff.ly/2FEZTVY 🎧 Apple https://apple.co/3Dc8QBq 🎧 Spotify https://spoti.fi/3IfvgVX 🎧Stitcher https://bit.ly/3pkGyzB 🎧 Google https://bit.ly/3I8TwJz
NBA Free Agency is here for the Utah Jazz
NBA Free Agency is day is here for the Utah Jazz. What can we expect to take place? Will the Utah Jazz make a trade? Is this the day Rudy Gobert or Mike Conley or Donovan Mitchell gets traded? Do the Jazz have a free agency move to be made? David Locke, radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA insider take a look at all of these questions and gives you the free agency primer. Is the market drying up on the Utah Jazz? The Clippers and Wizards have already made moves and the Atlanta Hawks have used their draft capital. Rumors continue with Rudy Gobert at the forefront and we take a look at what those deals might be for the Utah Jazz and what would have to be included to make a deal happen. Then a look at the Utah Jazz options at the tax payer mid level contractsand what the Jazz current roster looks like and what could take place. Locked On Jazz Podcast 💻 https://www.lockedonjazz.net/ 🎧 LockedOnJazz.com https://buff.ly/2FEZTVY 🎧 Apple https://apple.co/3Dc8QBq 🎧 Spotify https://spoti.fi/3IfvgVX 🎧Stitcher https://bit.ly/3pkGyzB 🎧 Google https://bit.ly/3I8TwJz
- JAZZ GAME REWIND: 2nd Half propels Toronto past the youthful Jazz October 2, 2022
- Utah Jazz trade Rudy Gobert – the emotions, the decision making, what did we get and what now July 5, 2022
- NBA Free Agency is here for the Utah Jazz June 30, 2022
- New Utah Jazz Head Coach Will Hardy: What formed him, what influences, style of play and staff June 29, 2022
- Utah Jazz free agency decision making tree, the case for Johnnie Bryant and NBA Menus June 28, 2022