EMPTYING THE NOGGIN
Summary: For the 18th time in franchise history, the first time since 2010 and for the first time in Quin Snyder’s career the Utah Jazz have won 8 straight games.
- The Jazz outscored the Hornets 22-17 to separate from the Hornets. The Jazz were in control almost all game, but the Hornets would never fade. This is how the Hornets have been all season, they are an average offensive team and an above average defensive team and yet they are 9 games under .500. This game followed the script of their season tonight.
- Joe Ingles was brilliant and tortured Dwight Howard all night. Ingles would come down the lane on the pick and roll and Howard was so obsessed with not letting Gobert score (they were in a personal battle) that Ingles would ball fake, nod or look Howard off and Ingles scored time and time again in the paint. Joe has diversified his game tremendously and continues to become a better player. Tonight was his career high 23 points and he had 5 rebounds and 5 assists for a rare 20-5-5 game.
- The Jazz came out with a specific game plan to put Dwight Howard in the pick and roll all night and that is exactly what they did.
- Rudy Gobert was great. The Jazz defense since Gobert returned from injury has been one of the tops in the league and it is stunning how many plays he impacts. Last time the Jazz played the Hornets Kemba Walker took only one shot in the restricted area and tonight he made a layup on the first play of the game and then was absent from the rim for most of the evening.
- Jazz defensive rating tonight was a 99. That means the Hornets were below 1 point per possession.
- The collective confidence and connectedness of the Jazz right now is remarkable. The basketball is gorgeous. They are moving it, sharing it and slicing defenses up. Quin Snyder has talked about the blender all season. Break the seams of the defense, quick out and then repeat if needed and watch what happens to the defense . Eventually it looks like a human playing a twister game and it falls flat.
- 6 Jazz players had 3 assists tonight to symbolize the vast ball movement
- Derrick Favors box score won’t wow you, but he had a terrific game.. He and Rudy Gobert continue to play well together and give the Jazz a look that is very different than what teams are used to in the NBA
- Donovan Mitchell gave the fans some highlights to talk about for weeks to come. His off the bounce three point shooting is still not very good, but he is able to score 25 points a game without that. When he is able to add that, which he will, he is going to be unguardable.
- Ricky Rubio injured his hip and was not able to finish the game.
- Jonas Jerebko had a great game playing Joe Johnson’s minutes with 10 points and 5 rebounds.
- 8 straight
Where do we stand now? Will first round be the hardest for the Jazz? Portland preview
David Locke, radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA Insider, brings you the daily podcast on the Utah Jazz, Locked On Jazz
- Reports from the three biggest games from Locked On experts
- * Where the playoff race stands today
- *Will the first round be the hardest for the Utah Jazz
- Donovan Mitchell out till playoffs
- Portland offense since the Powell trade
- Quin Snyder Wednesday on Bojan Bogdanovic, transition defense and Nikola Jokic
Jazz fall to Golden State in amazing Jordan Clarkson experience, Key parts of the game, Jazz are offensive team
David Locke, radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA insider, brings you the daily podcast on the Utah Jazz with Locked On Jazz
- Jazz lose to the Warriors
- Jordan Clarkson crazy night
- Defensive issues with Rudy Gobert off the floor
- Is Rudy Gobert having the greatest defensive season of all time
- Power Ranking Tuesday
JAZZ GAME REWIND- Despite A Heroic Comeback The Jazz Fall In The Golden Gate City
After a five game homestand, the Jazz headed to San Francisco to take on the Warriors. Here is a recap of how it went down at the Chase Center.
- Where do we stand now? Will first round be the hardest for the Jazz? Portland preview May 12, 2021
- Jazz fall to Golden State in amazing Jordan Clarkson experience, Key parts of the game, Jazz are offensive team May 11, 2021
- JAZZ GAME REWIND- Despite A Heroic Comeback The Jazz Fall In The Golden Gate City May 11, 2021
- QUIN SNYDER COACHES SHOW- Let Rudy Do What He Does And Be Rudy May 11, 2021
- POSTCAST — Furious comeback falls short v. Warriors May 11, 2021
Utah Jazz5 days ago
POSTCAST – Utah Jazz get massive win over Denver Nuggets and bodacious performance from Bojan
Utah Jazz1 week ago
Bojan Bogdanovic taking advantage, Quin figuring this group out, shot charts
Utah Jazz1 week ago
What former Utah Jazz player not named Stockton or Malone would you put on this Jazz team?
Utah Jazz2 weeks ago
Live Show – Utah Jazz blow out, Georges Niang’s development, Phoenix keeps winning , your questions