EMPTYING THE NOGGIN
Summary: In a complete performance the Utah Jazz handle the Los Angeles Clippers on the road in commanding fashion
• Tonight’s game was not close. The game was tied at 15-15 and the Jazz closed the 1st quarter on a run to lead by 9 after 1 and they never trailed again. The Jazz stretched the lead in the 3rd quarter and from the 7:59 mark of the 3rd quarter to the finish the game was never in single digits.
• The Jazz defense was dominant again. The Clippers have the 8th best offense in the NBA and they had an offense rating after the 1st quarter was 91, after the 2nd quarter it was 94.6 and after the third quarter it was 92. The Clippers have an offense that averages 110 points per 100 possessions.
• The Clippers had been over 100 offensive rating in 13 of 14 and over 105 in 10 of 13.
• The Clippers shot 16 of 34 at the rim.
• The Jazz had a specific plan on both Danillo Gallinari and Tobias Harris, the Clippers two leading scorers and both of them got uncomfortable and played an off rhythm game all night that made both of them a non-factor offensively. Gallinari was 0 for 2 at the rim and 1 for 6 in the paint and 3 for 14 on the night. Harris took only 1 shot at the rim and only one shot in the paint.
• Donovan Mitchell took 15 shots in the paint and went 9 of 16 from 2 point range on his way to 28 points while not hitting a single three point shot
• Rudy Gobert was absurd again. He dominated the game defensively and rebounding. He finished with the second 20-20 game of his career. He had 23 points, 22 rebounds and 4 blocked shots. The player tracking data that shows Gobert’s screen assists and more importantly what people shot when he was the primary defender is going to be eye opening.
• The Clippers offensive rating when Rudy is on the floor was a 93.
• Jae Crowder busted out of his shooting slump. He said on the post game show he knew he was ok on the first miss because it felt better than it had for the last stretch when he was 3 for 30. Tonight he hit 5 threes
• Royce O’Neale has brought a lot to the starting lineup. He seems to adapt to whatever is needed on that given night. He is shooting the above the break three really well and he is a good physical defender. The most impressive thing is how much he improved his rim finishing in the off-season.
• The Clippers opened the game trapping Donovan on every play. The Jazz were prepared for this and reacted really well. I thought this was a strong game from Donovan. The Clippers had a specific plan on how to attack him. He was being guarded from 94 feet by both Avery Bradley and Patrick Beverly and he handled it. He was in control of the circumstances and I thought played really well considering the pressure the Clippers put on him. Maybe his best game as a point guard in this stretch without Ricky Rubio.
• 5 straight.
JAZZ GAME REWIND- The Heat Get The Best Of The Jazz The Second Time Around
The Jazz headed back east to wrap up the first half of the schedule. Here is a recap of the first stop in Miami as they took on the Heat for the second time in as many weeks.
QUIN SNYDER COACHES SHOW- How Do Teams Try And Prep For Rudy Knowing How Dominant He Is
David Locke talks with Jazz Head Coach, Quin Snyder, about how teams prepare this season with the unique schedule and when you have a player as dominant as Rudy Gobert.
POSTCAST – The Butler did it in Miami as the Jazz fall to the Heat
The Utah Jazz fell on the first of a 4 game road trip as Jimmy Butler had a 32 point night for the Miami Heat. David Locke hosts POSTCAST with his breakdown of the game and then your comments and thoughts
- JAZZ GAME REWIND- The Heat Get The Best Of The Jazz The Second Time Around February 26, 2021
- QUIN SNYDER COACHES SHOW- How Do Teams Try And Prep For Rudy Knowing How Dominant He Is February 26, 2021
- POSTCAST – The Butler did it in Miami as the Jazz fall to the Heat February 26, 2021
- LOCKED ON JAZZ – Utah Jazz v. the best and Jazz place in NBA history so far plus buyout market questions February 26, 2021
- LOCKED ON JAZZ – More record setting v. Los Angeles Lakers. Utah Jazz shot clock use tells a story February 25, 2021
Utah Jazz2 weeks ago
POSTCAST – Passion filled POSTCAST about how brilliant the Utah Jazz have been this year
Utah Jazz1 week ago
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Did Clippers write defensive script? Can Rudy Gobert be more dominant? Cord cutting and buy out market for the Utah Jazz
Utah Jazz1 week ago
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Dwayne Wade has Donovan Mitchell as All-Star Starter, Previewing the Clippers, Quin Snyder Wednesday
Utah Jazz2 weeks ago
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Jordan Clarkson’s vibe and history, Donovan Mitchell’s pass is the fabric of the team