EMPTYING THE NOGGIN
Summary: In a complete performance the Utah Jazz handle the Los Angeles Clippers on the road in commanding fashion
• Tonight’s game was not close. The game was tied at 15-15 and the Jazz closed the 1st quarter on a run to lead by 9 after 1 and they never trailed again. The Jazz stretched the lead in the 3rd quarter and from the 7:59 mark of the 3rd quarter to the finish the game was never in single digits.
• The Jazz defense was dominant again. The Clippers have the 8th best offense in the NBA and they had an offense rating after the 1st quarter was 91, after the 2nd quarter it was 94.6 and after the third quarter it was 92. The Clippers have an offense that averages 110 points per 100 possessions.
• The Clippers had been over 100 offensive rating in 13 of 14 and over 105 in 10 of 13.
• The Clippers shot 16 of 34 at the rim.
• The Jazz had a specific plan on both Danillo Gallinari and Tobias Harris, the Clippers two leading scorers and both of them got uncomfortable and played an off rhythm game all night that made both of them a non-factor offensively. Gallinari was 0 for 2 at the rim and 1 for 6 in the paint and 3 for 14 on the night. Harris took only 1 shot at the rim and only one shot in the paint.
• Donovan Mitchell took 15 shots in the paint and went 9 of 16 from 2 point range on his way to 28 points while not hitting a single three point shot
• Rudy Gobert was absurd again. He dominated the game defensively and rebounding. He finished with the second 20-20 game of his career. He had 23 points, 22 rebounds and 4 blocked shots. The player tracking data that shows Gobert’s screen assists and more importantly what people shot when he was the primary defender is going to be eye opening.
• The Clippers offensive rating when Rudy is on the floor was a 93.
• Jae Crowder busted out of his shooting slump. He said on the post game show he knew he was ok on the first miss because it felt better than it had for the last stretch when he was 3 for 30. Tonight he hit 5 threes
• Royce O’Neale has brought a lot to the starting lineup. He seems to adapt to whatever is needed on that given night. He is shooting the above the break three really well and he is a good physical defender. The most impressive thing is how much he improved his rim finishing in the off-season.
• The Clippers opened the game trapping Donovan on every play. The Jazz were prepared for this and reacted really well. I thought this was a strong game from Donovan. The Clippers had a specific plan on how to attack him. He was being guarded from 94 feet by both Avery Bradley and Patrick Beverly and he handled it. He was in control of the circumstances and I thought played really well considering the pressure the Clippers put on him. Maybe his best game as a point guard in this stretch without Ricky Rubio.
• 5 straight.
QUIN SNYDER COACHES SHOW- Pregame prior to Utah @ OKC
David Locke chats with Jazz head coach Quin Snyder prior to tip against OKC.
Wackiness in the West, reminder on how good Mike Conley has been and who is the best offensive player in the NBA
David Locke, radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA Insider delivers the daily podcast on the Utah Jazz, Locked On Jazz.
* The wackiness in the West and how it all stands as we head into the final weekend
- Mike Conley returns and the great season he has had for the Utah Jazz
- The lineups we get back with Mike Conley
- the pick and roll returns with Rudy Gobert
- Points Gained for the final time of the year. Who is the best offensive player in the NBA?
- How are the Jazz players the same or different than a year ago
Staying above water has been amazing but Jazz are running out of steam and live audience
David Locke, radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA Insider, brings you the daily podcast on the Utah Jazz, Locked On Jazz
- Blazers had a great game plan v. the Utah Jazz
- Jazz are amazing to have stayed above water without Donovan and Mike
- However, Jazz are wearing out and a lot is being asked of Joe Ingles and Jordan Clarkson
- Warriors and Blazers were playing playoff games and it showed
- Biggest concern on the Jazz
- Completely freaking out.
- QUIN SNYDER COACHES SHOW- Pregame prior to Utah @ OKC May 14, 2021
- Wackiness in the West, reminder on how good Mike Conley has been and who is the best offensive player in the NBA May 14, 2021
- Staying above water has been amazing but Jazz are running out of steam and live audience May 13, 2021
- Jazz Game Rewind – Jazz offense sluggish as they fall to Blazers May 13, 2021
- POSTCAST – Jazz offense wears down and Dame and CJ have the answers May 13, 2021
Utah Jazz7 days ago
POSTCAST – Utah Jazz get massive win over Denver Nuggets and bodacious performance from Bojan
Utah Jazz1 week ago
Bojan Bogdanovic taking advantage, Quin figuring this group out, shot charts
Utah Jazz1 week ago
What former Utah Jazz player not named Stockton or Malone would you put on this Jazz team?
Utah Jazz1 week ago
Length has been impressive defensively, transition defense improvement, live edition