SUMMARY: Utah Jazz get back on winning track in a rhythm less game that gave the Jazz a little freight on their way to a 97-90 win over Dallas
- The Utah Jazz have to win games defensively and that is what they did tonight. During the win streak the offense was unusually hot and since coming back from break they have not found that grove. Tonight they had to win the game defensively against a not very good offensive team and that is exactly what they did.
- The value of Rudy Gobert and his defense was obvious tonight. Jazz were +15 in the 35 minutes he was on the floor and -8 in the 13 minutes he was on the bench. The Mavericks bench gave the Jazz fits tonight. The Jazz had a great defensive night but had a little bit of a tough time both in the 2nd and the 4th with the energetic bench unit of the Mavericks
- Joe Ingles made two plays that changed the game. The Jazz were being out played and outhustled in the 2nd They had lost a 15 point lead and the Mavericks were in complete control and Ingles came out of nowhere to block a left corner three from Doug McDermott. It was the first hustle play of the night by the Jazz and spurred the Jazz on a 12-3 run to close the half and take the lead.
- Then with 3:50 left the Jazz lead by just 2 and it didn’t feel great. Ingles grabbed the rebound on a miss from Harrison Barnes and threw a ¾ quarter pass to a streaking Jae Crowder for a layup that put the Jazz up by 4 with 3:43 left. Ingles then assisted Gobert for a dunk on a gorgeous pick and roll on the next Jazz basket to put them up 6 with 2:32 left.
- Joe Ingles is a really good basketball player. All around really good basketball player. The Jazz are better than people realize for a few reasons and one of them is that Joe Ingles has a much bigger impact on the game than anyone understands. Tonight late in the game he was the point guard for a lot of plays and had the defensive assignment on JJ Barea. Speaking of Barea, to some extent JJ Barea and Joe Ingles are the same player. I mean this in the essence of who they are, their journey, how they beat you. They were the two best players on the floor tonight and afterwards no one is sure how they beat people.
- JJ Barea had 17 points and 12 assists.
- Jazz defense was great tonight with a defensive rating of 92.2
- The two rookies are at completely different levels right now. Dennis Smith Jr., who is younger than Mitchell, had a brutal night. He was awful. His shot has not been falling at all recently and he wasn’t close tonight. He went 2 for 11 and had 0 assists, 0 steals and 5 turnover, one of them huge late. Donovan Mitchell didn’t seem great tonight but he finished with 25 points, 6 rebounds, 5 assists, 2 steals on 8 of 20 shooting. This is without getting going at any point in the night.
- Really solid nights for Favors and Gobert while Dallas was doing a great job of taking away the roll man on the pick and roll. Gobert still went 5 for 6 with 13 points and Favors was 6 for 11 on his way to 14 points
- Jazz bench is scuffling. Tonight they were 2 for 11 from three. Crowder had 11 points but Burks was -14 in 13 minutes and took 8 shots in 13 minutes.
- Jazz shot 28% from three and won a game.
Where do we stand now? Will first round be the hardest for the Jazz? Portland preview
David Locke, radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA Insider, brings you the daily podcast on the Utah Jazz, Locked On Jazz
- Reports from the three biggest games from Locked On experts
- * Where the playoff race stands today
- *Will the first round be the hardest for the Utah Jazz
- Donovan Mitchell out till playoffs
- Portland offense since the Powell trade
- Quin Snyder Wednesday on Bojan Bogdanovic, transition defense and Nikola Jokic
Jazz fall to Golden State in amazing Jordan Clarkson experience, Key parts of the game, Jazz are offensive team
David Locke, radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA insider, brings you the daily podcast on the Utah Jazz with Locked On Jazz
- Jazz lose to the Warriors
- Jordan Clarkson crazy night
- Defensive issues with Rudy Gobert off the floor
- Is Rudy Gobert having the greatest defensive season of all time
- Power Ranking Tuesday
JAZZ GAME REWIND- Despite A Heroic Comeback The Jazz Fall In The Golden Gate City
After a five game homestand, the Jazz headed to San Francisco to take on the Warriors. Here is a recap of how it went down at the Chase Center.
- Where do we stand now? Will first round be the hardest for the Jazz? Portland preview May 12, 2021
- Jazz fall to Golden State in amazing Jordan Clarkson experience, Key parts of the game, Jazz are offensive team May 11, 2021
- JAZZ GAME REWIND- Despite A Heroic Comeback The Jazz Fall In The Golden Gate City May 11, 2021
- QUIN SNYDER COACHES SHOW- Let Rudy Do What He Does And Be Rudy May 11, 2021
- POSTCAST — Furious comeback falls short v. Warriors May 11, 2021
Utah Jazz5 days ago
POSTCAST – Utah Jazz get massive win over Denver Nuggets and bodacious performance from Bojan
Utah Jazz1 week ago
Bojan Bogdanovic taking advantage, Quin figuring this group out, shot charts
Utah Jazz1 week ago
What former Utah Jazz player not named Stockton or Malone would you put on this Jazz team?
Utah Jazz2 weeks ago
Live Show – Utah Jazz blow out, Georges Niang’s development, Phoenix keeps winning , your questions