SUMMARY: In a game that was eerily similar to the game Monday night this time the Jazz were able to stem the tide and hold on for a 10 point win.
• The Jazz lead the game by 14 at the exact same moment they lead by 14 on Monday night and then the Pelicans started a run. Instead of 22-2 and a Pelicans win at 12-2 the Jazz got a huge dunk from Rudy Gobert and the Jazz held on for the win.
• The Joe Ingles/Derrick Favors pick and roll continues to be a vital weapon for the Jazz. Tonight the Pelicans second team is really limited and Ingles and Favors throttled them. Joe Ingles finished with 10 points, 10 assists and 8 rebounds. He had back to back double digit assist games for the first time in his career. At 6’8 there is a uniqueness to what he can do on the pick and roll. His ball fakes are tremendous, but he is also able to stretch out for shots and/or pass over the top of defenses in a way that player that are traditional point guard sized can’t do.
• The Jazz played a lot of Ingles, O’Neale, Korver, Crowder or Thabo and Favors tonight. Ingles at this point is the undisputed point guard.
• Derrick Favors had his season high 25 points tonight. He has such amazing hands and is able to make so many plays around the rim. He is much better on the pick and roll when he can set the pick and the roll to the basket opening to his right hand and that is why the pick and roll with he and Ingles is so successful.
• Donovan Mitchell bounced back from a poor shooting game on Monday to shot 10 for 18 but he had 8 turnovers
• The Jazz lead after 1 by 2 and then took the lead to 11 by halftime. The Jazz took an 18 point lead in the 3rd quarter and then once Anthony Davis checked out for the night then the Pelicans gained energy and made a run.
• The Pelicans got the game down to 4 before the Jazz answered on a 13 to 2 run but that is when things got nerve racking as the game began to mirror the game the on Monday night almost exactly until Rudy Gobert came from the stars for a dunk with 3:41 left to put the Jazz up 9.
• The Jazz started throwing the ball all over the gym in the 4th quarter and Quin brought Ricky Rubio into the game to settle things and he did exactly that. Rubio was +16 on the night for the Jazz. He was 3 for 12 shooting and all 3 were layups. Since coming back from his hamstring injury his shooting percentage has not been very good.
• Rudy Gobert had 22 points and 13 rebounds and was great defending the rim. The Pelicans shot just 22 of 36 at the rim in contrast to the Jazz who were 28 of 34 at the rim.
• Jazz didn’t shoot the three well just 8 of 30. They were just 2 of 9 on corner 3s and Favors made one of them his first since Jan 27th.
• Solid road win by a team trying to get playoff positioning. The next 7 road games are likely to determine where the Jazz finish in the standings. Solid one tonight.
Where do we stand now? Will first round be the hardest for the Jazz? Portland preview
David Locke, radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA Insider, brings you the daily podcast on the Utah Jazz, Locked On Jazz
- Reports from the three biggest games from Locked On experts
- * Where the playoff race stands today
- *Will the first round be the hardest for the Utah Jazz
- Donovan Mitchell out till playoffs
- Portland offense since the Powell trade
- Quin Snyder Wednesday on Bojan Bogdanovic, transition defense and Nikola Jokic
Jazz fall to Golden State in amazing Jordan Clarkson experience, Key parts of the game, Jazz are offensive team
David Locke, radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA insider, brings you the daily podcast on the Utah Jazz with Locked On Jazz
- Jazz lose to the Warriors
- Jordan Clarkson crazy night
- Defensive issues with Rudy Gobert off the floor
- Is Rudy Gobert having the greatest defensive season of all time
- Power Ranking Tuesday
JAZZ GAME REWIND- Despite A Heroic Comeback The Jazz Fall In The Golden Gate City
After a five game homestand, the Jazz headed to San Francisco to take on the Warriors. Here is a recap of how it went down at the Chase Center.
- Where do we stand now? Will first round be the hardest for the Jazz? Portland preview May 12, 2021
- Jazz fall to Golden State in amazing Jordan Clarkson experience, Key parts of the game, Jazz are offensive team May 11, 2021
- JAZZ GAME REWIND- Despite A Heroic Comeback The Jazz Fall In The Golden Gate City May 11, 2021
- QUIN SNYDER COACHES SHOW- Let Rudy Do What He Does And Be Rudy May 11, 2021
- POSTCAST — Furious comeback falls short v. Warriors May 11, 2021
Utah Jazz5 days ago
POSTCAST – Utah Jazz get massive win over Denver Nuggets and bodacious performance from Bojan
Utah Jazz1 week ago
Bojan Bogdanovic taking advantage, Quin figuring this group out, shot charts
Utah Jazz1 week ago
What former Utah Jazz player not named Stockton or Malone would you put on this Jazz team?
Utah Jazz2 weeks ago
Live Show – Utah Jazz blow out, Georges Niang’s development, Phoenix keeps winning , your questions