SUMMARY: In a game that was eerily similar to the game Monday night this time the Jazz were able to stem the tide and hold on for a 10 point win.
• The Jazz lead the game by 14 at the exact same moment they lead by 14 on Monday night and then the Pelicans started a run. Instead of 22-2 and a Pelicans win at 12-2 the Jazz got a huge dunk from Rudy Gobert and the Jazz held on for the win.
• The Joe Ingles/Derrick Favors pick and roll continues to be a vital weapon for the Jazz. Tonight the Pelicans second team is really limited and Ingles and Favors throttled them. Joe Ingles finished with 10 points, 10 assists and 8 rebounds. He had back to back double digit assist games for the first time in his career. At 6’8 there is a uniqueness to what he can do on the pick and roll. His ball fakes are tremendous, but he is also able to stretch out for shots and/or pass over the top of defenses in a way that player that are traditional point guard sized can’t do.
• The Jazz played a lot of Ingles, O’Neale, Korver, Crowder or Thabo and Favors tonight. Ingles at this point is the undisputed point guard.
• Derrick Favors had his season high 25 points tonight. He has such amazing hands and is able to make so many plays around the rim. He is much better on the pick and roll when he can set the pick and the roll to the basket opening to his right hand and that is why the pick and roll with he and Ingles is so successful.
• Donovan Mitchell bounced back from a poor shooting game on Monday to shot 10 for 18 but he had 8 turnovers
• The Jazz lead after 1 by 2 and then took the lead to 11 by halftime. The Jazz took an 18 point lead in the 3rd quarter and then once Anthony Davis checked out for the night then the Pelicans gained energy and made a run.
• The Pelicans got the game down to 4 before the Jazz answered on a 13 to 2 run but that is when things got nerve racking as the game began to mirror the game the on Monday night almost exactly until Rudy Gobert came from the stars for a dunk with 3:41 left to put the Jazz up 9.
• The Jazz started throwing the ball all over the gym in the 4th quarter and Quin brought Ricky Rubio into the game to settle things and he did exactly that. Rubio was +16 on the night for the Jazz. He was 3 for 12 shooting and all 3 were layups. Since coming back from his hamstring injury his shooting percentage has not been very good.
• Rudy Gobert had 22 points and 13 rebounds and was great defending the rim. The Pelicans shot just 22 of 36 at the rim in contrast to the Jazz who were 28 of 34 at the rim.
• Jazz didn’t shoot the three well just 8 of 30. They were just 2 of 9 on corner 3s and Favors made one of them his first since Jan 27th.
• Solid road win by a team trying to get playoff positioning. The next 7 road games are likely to determine where the Jazz finish in the standings. Solid one tonight.
JAZZ GAME REWIND: 2nd Half propels Toronto past the youthful Jazz
The Jazz fell short in the second half as the Toronto defense shut the new-look Jazz down in route to cruising to an 114 – 82 Raptors victory. Lauri Markkanen shined for the Jazz with 20 points and 5 rebounds but the Raptors length and athleticism proved to be too much for the Jazz riding a dominant 3rd quarter to pull away from the Jazz who played well in the first half, only trailing by one.
Relive the game through the radio highlights. Voiced by Leif Thulin.
Utah Jazz trade Rudy Gobert – the emotions, the decision making, what did we get and what now
The Utah Jazz traded Rudy Gobert on Friday after a 4th of July weekend to soak in the biggest news of the NBA trade season we try to digest what it means for the Utah Jazz. David Locke, radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA Insider, take a look at all angles of the Rudy Gobert trade. The emotions of losing one of your own and a beloved player like Rudy Gobert. The player that we knew how great he was and had to argue on his behalf and now someone else gets the pleasure. Locke revisits the decision making tree of the Utah Jazz and how they got to trading Rudy Gobert and why they took this trade rather than other options that may have been on the table for the Utah Jazz. Then Locke looks into what did we really get in this trade and what are the possibilities of benefit for trading one of the great players in franchise history. A look at each of the 5 first round picks and what they could become and the margin starts to expand the farther out you go. Then are the Utah Jazz re-building? Why now would be the question. That is a decision that the Jazz don’t need to make for the some time. Summer league kicks off today and what are the Utah Jazz looking for and who could make an impression. What the Jazz want to see from Jared Butler Locked On Jazz Podcast 💻 https://www.lockedonjazz.net/ 🎧 LockedOnJazz.com https://buff.ly/2FEZTVY 🎧 Apple https://apple.co/3Dc8QBq 🎧 Spotify https://spoti.fi/3IfvgVX 🎧Stitcher https://bit.ly/3pkGyzB 🎧 Google https://bit.ly/3I8TwJz
NBA Free Agency is here for the Utah Jazz
NBA Free Agency is day is here for the Utah Jazz. What can we expect to take place? Will the Utah Jazz make a trade? Is this the day Rudy Gobert or Mike Conley or Donovan Mitchell gets traded? Do the Jazz have a free agency move to be made? David Locke, radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA insider take a look at all of these questions and gives you the free agency primer. Is the market drying up on the Utah Jazz? The Clippers and Wizards have already made moves and the Atlanta Hawks have used their draft capital. Rumors continue with Rudy Gobert at the forefront and we take a look at what those deals might be for the Utah Jazz and what would have to be included to make a deal happen. Then a look at the Utah Jazz options at the tax payer mid level contractsand what the Jazz current roster looks like and what could take place. Locked On Jazz Podcast 💻 https://www.lockedonjazz.net/ 🎧 LockedOnJazz.com https://buff.ly/2FEZTVY 🎧 Apple https://apple.co/3Dc8QBq 🎧 Spotify https://spoti.fi/3IfvgVX 🎧Stitcher https://bit.ly/3pkGyzB 🎧 Google https://bit.ly/3I8TwJz
- JAZZ GAME REWIND: 2nd Half propels Toronto past the youthful Jazz October 2, 2022
- Utah Jazz trade Rudy Gobert – the emotions, the decision making, what did we get and what now July 5, 2022
- NBA Free Agency is here for the Utah Jazz June 30, 2022
- New Utah Jazz Head Coach Will Hardy: What formed him, what influences, style of play and staff June 29, 2022
- Utah Jazz free agency decision making tree, the case for Johnnie Bryant and NBA Menus June 28, 2022