SUMMARY: The Utah Jazz crushed the Detroit Pistons. The Jazz took a 10 point lead in the opening 4 minutes of the game and the game never got inside single digits again and stretch out to over 30 for much of the 4th quarter. Jazz win 110-79.
• The Jazz never blinked tonight. They had complete focus the entire game. Their defense in the 4th quarter up by 30 was as good as it was in the 1st quarter. This was a complete dismantling.
• The Jazz scored 42 first quarter points and the Pistons didn’t score 42 first half points. The Jazz first quarter had an EFG% of 95. They were 17 of 21 shooting. The ball moved and the players moved. Rudy Gobert got 4 dunks all on assists from Ricky Rubio. The Jazz sliced the Pistons apart and the never recovered.
• Derrick Favors had a brilliant first quarter. He forced Blake Griffin into 3 for 9, most long 2s and no free throws. On the offensive side he had a 4 plays that show his amazing talents. He hit a corner three, they are beginning to look easy for him. Then he got an offensive rebound off a play where he set the pick for Donovan Mitchell and still hustled to get the rebound. He hit a 14 foot floater and then on a pick and roll he caught the ball in the middle of the lane and bulleted a pass to the corner for a 3.
• Rudy Gobert has scored 20 or more in 3 of the last 4 games. He had a 20-10 double double again tonight. He is playing very strong around the basket.
• The Jazz have been uncomfortable to play. The list of defenders they put on the floor is incredible. No one wants to be guarded by Ricky Rubio, Donovan Mitchell, Joe Ingles, Derrick Favors or Rudy Gobert. Now off the bench the Jazz bring Jae Crowder at you, then Royce O’ Neale comes at you. Jonas Jerebko has been knows as a physical tough defender There is not an easy moment when you play the Jazz right now. It is an uncomfortable night.
• Joe Ingles has become such a good player. He had 17 points, 7 rebounds and 7 assists. Quin has changed his rotation pattern so he is playing the opening part of 2nd quarters with Derrick Favors and that is the Jazz best pick and roll combination.
• The impact Jae Crowder is having on this team is somewhat hard to decipher since the team was playing so well at the deadline, but he is a huge +/- every night. He brings incredible toughness. He is versatile offensively. He is good enough shooter that when people are leaving him it is a bad idea. He is only going to get more comfortable.
• I am not sure how many teams in Jazz history have won 19 of 21 games.
• Donovan Mitchell had a career high with 9 rebounds
• This is solid blow out win by a team on an incredible run.
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Was it another slight to the Utah Jazz? Donovan and Rudy picked last plus live audience questions
The Utah Jazz all-stars were picked last by LeBron James and Kevin Durant. Was this conscience by the two stars? Was this telling Utah to stay in their hierarchy of the NBA? Was this just fun? It all feels like another slight to the Utah Jazz in a remarkable season. David Locke, radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA Insider takes a look at all the options and interacts with a live audience
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Utah Jazz with a flurry of furious comments, great game v. Sixers, Twitter Thursday
The Utah Jazz fell in overtime to the Philadelphia 76ers and both Donovan Mitchell and Rudy Gobert had strong comments after the game. David Locke, the radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA Insider takes a look at those comments and where they come from plus a breakdown of a great game between two of the NBA best teams. Finally it is a Twitter Thursday and some great questions came in about style of play late, lineup choices late in the game and more.
JAZZ GAME REWIND- The Jazz Battled In Their Last Game Before the Break
The Jazz lost a tough one in overtime to the 76ers to close out the first half of the season. Here is a recap of how it all went down in Philadelphia.
- LOCKED ON JAZZ – Was it another slight to the Utah Jazz? Donovan and Rudy picked last plus live audience questions March 5, 2021
- LOCKED ON JAZZ – Utah Jazz with a flurry of furious comments, great game v. Sixers, Twitter Thursday March 4, 2021
- JAZZ GAME REWIND- The Jazz Battled In Their Last Game Before the Break March 3, 2021
- QUIN SNYDER COACHES SHOW- Donovan Is Letting The Game Come To Him March 3, 2021
- POSTCAST – Overtime loss to the Sixers sends the Jazz to break with some fury March 3, 2021
Utah Jazz1 week ago
LOCKED ON JAZZ – More record setting v. Los Angeles Lakers. Utah Jazz shot clock use tells a story
Utah Jazz1 week ago
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Donovan Mitchell and Rudy Gobert are all-star, Mike Conley left off again, previewing the Lakers
Utah Jazz1 week ago
LOCKED ON JAZZ – In depth breakdown of Jazz blitz of the Hornets, Mike Conley’s All-Star chances and Power Ranking Tuesday
Utah Jazz2 weeks ago
LOCKED ON JAZZ – 30 games in and status check on Utah Jazz. Donovan Mitchell and Rudy Gobert are better.