SUMMARY: The Utah Jazz crushed the Detroit Pistons. The Jazz took a 10 point lead in the opening 4 minutes of the game and the game never got inside single digits again and stretch out to over 30 for much of the 4th quarter. Jazz win 110-79.
• The Jazz never blinked tonight. They had complete focus the entire game. Their defense in the 4th quarter up by 30 was as good as it was in the 1st quarter. This was a complete dismantling.
• The Jazz scored 42 first quarter points and the Pistons didn’t score 42 first half points. The Jazz first quarter had an EFG% of 95. They were 17 of 21 shooting. The ball moved and the players moved. Rudy Gobert got 4 dunks all on assists from Ricky Rubio. The Jazz sliced the Pistons apart and the never recovered.
• Derrick Favors had a brilliant first quarter. He forced Blake Griffin into 3 for 9, most long 2s and no free throws. On the offensive side he had a 4 plays that show his amazing talents. He hit a corner three, they are beginning to look easy for him. Then he got an offensive rebound off a play where he set the pick for Donovan Mitchell and still hustled to get the rebound. He hit a 14 foot floater and then on a pick and roll he caught the ball in the middle of the lane and bulleted a pass to the corner for a 3.
• Rudy Gobert has scored 20 or more in 3 of the last 4 games. He had a 20-10 double double again tonight. He is playing very strong around the basket.
• The Jazz have been uncomfortable to play. The list of defenders they put on the floor is incredible. No one wants to be guarded by Ricky Rubio, Donovan Mitchell, Joe Ingles, Derrick Favors or Rudy Gobert. Now off the bench the Jazz bring Jae Crowder at you, then Royce O’ Neale comes at you. Jonas Jerebko has been knows as a physical tough defender There is not an easy moment when you play the Jazz right now. It is an uncomfortable night.
• Joe Ingles has become such a good player. He had 17 points, 7 rebounds and 7 assists. Quin has changed his rotation pattern so he is playing the opening part of 2nd quarters with Derrick Favors and that is the Jazz best pick and roll combination.
• The impact Jae Crowder is having on this team is somewhat hard to decipher since the team was playing so well at the deadline, but he is a huge +/- every night. He brings incredible toughness. He is versatile offensively. He is good enough shooter that when people are leaving him it is a bad idea. He is only going to get more comfortable.
• I am not sure how many teams in Jazz history have won 19 of 21 games.
• Donovan Mitchell had a career high with 9 rebounds
• This is solid blow out win by a team on an incredible run.
JAZZ GAME REWIND: 2nd Half propels Toronto past the youthful Jazz
The Jazz fell short in the second half as the Toronto defense shut the new-look Jazz down in route to cruising to an 114 – 82 Raptors victory. Lauri Markkanen shined for the Jazz with 20 points and 5 rebounds but the Raptors length and athleticism proved to be too much for the Jazz riding a dominant 3rd quarter to pull away from the Jazz who played well in the first half, only trailing by one.
Relive the game through the radio highlights. Voiced by Leif Thulin.
Utah Jazz trade Rudy Gobert – the emotions, the decision making, what did we get and what now
The Utah Jazz traded Rudy Gobert on Friday after a 4th of July weekend to soak in the biggest news of the NBA trade season we try to digest what it means for the Utah Jazz. David Locke, radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA Insider, take a look at all angles of the Rudy Gobert trade. The emotions of losing one of your own and a beloved player like Rudy Gobert. The player that we knew how great he was and had to argue on his behalf and now someone else gets the pleasure. Locke revisits the decision making tree of the Utah Jazz and how they got to trading Rudy Gobert and why they took this trade rather than other options that may have been on the table for the Utah Jazz. Then Locke looks into what did we really get in this trade and what are the possibilities of benefit for trading one of the great players in franchise history. A look at each of the 5 first round picks and what they could become and the margin starts to expand the farther out you go. Then are the Utah Jazz re-building? Why now would be the question. That is a decision that the Jazz don’t need to make for the some time. Summer league kicks off today and what are the Utah Jazz looking for and who could make an impression. What the Jazz want to see from Jared Butler Locked On Jazz Podcast 💻 https://www.lockedonjazz.net/ 🎧 LockedOnJazz.com https://buff.ly/2FEZTVY 🎧 Apple https://apple.co/3Dc8QBq 🎧 Spotify https://spoti.fi/3IfvgVX 🎧Stitcher https://bit.ly/3pkGyzB 🎧 Google https://bit.ly/3I8TwJz
NBA Free Agency is here for the Utah Jazz
NBA Free Agency is day is here for the Utah Jazz. What can we expect to take place? Will the Utah Jazz make a trade? Is this the day Rudy Gobert or Mike Conley or Donovan Mitchell gets traded? Do the Jazz have a free agency move to be made? David Locke, radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA insider take a look at all of these questions and gives you the free agency primer. Is the market drying up on the Utah Jazz? The Clippers and Wizards have already made moves and the Atlanta Hawks have used their draft capital. Rumors continue with Rudy Gobert at the forefront and we take a look at what those deals might be for the Utah Jazz and what would have to be included to make a deal happen. Then a look at the Utah Jazz options at the tax payer mid level contractsand what the Jazz current roster looks like and what could take place. Locked On Jazz Podcast 💻 https://www.lockedonjazz.net/ 🎧 LockedOnJazz.com https://buff.ly/2FEZTVY 🎧 Apple https://apple.co/3Dc8QBq 🎧 Spotify https://spoti.fi/3IfvgVX 🎧Stitcher https://bit.ly/3pkGyzB 🎧 Google https://bit.ly/3I8TwJz
- JAZZ GAME REWIND: 2nd Half propels Toronto past the youthful Jazz October 2, 2022
- Utah Jazz trade Rudy Gobert – the emotions, the decision making, what did we get and what now July 5, 2022
- NBA Free Agency is here for the Utah Jazz June 30, 2022
- New Utah Jazz Head Coach Will Hardy: What formed him, what influences, style of play and staff June 29, 2022
- Utah Jazz free agency decision making tree, the case for Johnnie Bryant and NBA Menus June 28, 2022