SUMMARY: Super solid performance from the Utah Jazz as they control the game for its entirety and beat the Minnesota Timberwolves 120-100
- The Jazz lead by 9 at the end of the 1st quarter, they lead by 9 and the half, they lead by 10 at the end of 3 and then they blew the Wolves out for a 20 point win.
- The early portion of the game was dictated by Karl Anthony Towns getting two early fouls and the Jazz taking advantage to run out to the 9 point lead and the Jazz closed the 1st quarter on a 11-2 run that they would never relinquish.
- The Wolves got the game to 2 at one point in the third and then the Jazz took it right back to 9 and stayed a comfortable distances away from the Wolves the rest of the night.
- Donovan started strong tonight with 4 assists for three pointers in the 1st quarter as well as 7 points.
- For a period of the game Derrick Favors was the best player on the floor as he dominated the offensive glass stealing rebounds and creating extra opportunities for the Jazz offense
- The Jazz defense was not impactful until late in the 3rd quarter and then in the 4th quarter they shut down the Wolves.
- According to cleaning the glass the Jazz took 44% of their shots at the rim and 39% of their shots as threes. That is amazing shot distribution. The Jazz continue to have one of the best shot distributions in the NBA. It is worth a few points every night.
- Jazz offensive rating was a 122 tonight. Defensive rating was near 100 again, last check had it at 102. The Jazz have held opponents below a point a possessions in 5 of the last 8 games before tonight.
- Raul Neto was +7 in 13 minutes
- Dante Exum had a sore knee and Thabo Sefolosha had a tight hamstring and neither were available for most of the night.
- Kyle Korver moved into 50th all time on the games played list and took 9 three points
- Minnesota had a brutal travel day yesterday stuck in an executive terminal (limited, no food, no commerce) or the plane for 8 hours in Denver before finally going back to the hotel and spending the night in Denver and then flying out mid morning and arriving here at noon. They wore out.
- Gail Miller addressed the crowd before the game and may have had the signature quote for what she will be remembered: “No one wins when respect goes away.”
Jazz Game Rewind – Jazz vs Dallas
Jordan Clarkson scored 18 in the first half and the Utah Jazz tied a franchise record with 21 threes in regulation. Relive the excitement of the Jazz taking on the Dallas Mavericks in this edition of Jazz Game Rewind!
Quin Snyder Coaches Show – Jazz vs Mavs 08/10/20
Listen in as Locke sits down with Quin Snyder to discuss the Double-Overtime loss to the Denver Nuggets, Dallas Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle, and the keys to the Mavericks matchup without Donovan Mitchell.
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Playoff scenarios, where the Utah Jazz stand. Amazing game v. Denver
The playoff picture is nutty and the Utah Jazz can control some of it but not all of it. David Locke, the radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA Insider breaks down all the playoff options. Plus, Locke looks back at the awesome game on Saturday and the stars making big plays, the Nuggets two main plays that seemed unguardable and what the Jazz did well and not so well in the loss to Denver.
- Jazz Game Rewind – Jazz vs Dallas August 10, 2020
- Quin Snyder Coaches Show – Jazz vs Mavs 08/10/20 August 10, 2020
- LOCKED ON JAZZ – Playoff scenarios, where the Utah Jazz stand. Amazing game v. Denver August 10, 2020
- Jazz Game Rewind- Recap of Utah’s double OT loss to Denver August 8, 2020
- Quin Snyder Coaches Show- Jazz @ Nuggets in Orlando Bubble August 8, 2020
Utah Jazz2 weeks ago
LOCKED ON JAZZ – The new look Utah Jazz. How are they different after three scrimmages?
Utah Jazz2 weeks ago
Utah Jazz win. Rudy Gobert’s impact was mammoth and late game execution was brilliant
Utah Jazz5 days ago
The Joe Ingles the Jazz need and reaction to Donovan Mitchell’s Player Tribune Piece
Utah Jazz7 days ago
LOCKED ON JAZZ – AD and Lakers too much for Jazz. Bubble shots are rimming out and 10 possessions that ended the night