EMPTYING THE NOGGIN – No one wins when respect goes away
SUMMARY: Super solid performance from the Utah Jazz as they control the game for its entirety and beat the Minnesota Timberwolves 120-100
- The Jazz lead by 9 at the end of the 1st quarter, they lead by 9 and the half, they lead by 10 at the end of 3 and then they blew the Wolves out for a 20 point win.
- The early portion of the game was dictated by Karl Anthony Towns getting two early fouls and the Jazz taking advantage to run out to the 9 point lead and the Jazz closed the 1st quarter on a 11-2 run that they would never relinquish.
- The Wolves got the game to 2 at one point in the third and then the Jazz took it right back to 9 and stayed a comfortable distances away from the Wolves the rest of the night.
- Donovan started strong tonight with 4 assists for three pointers in the 1st quarter as well as 7 points.
- For a period of the game Derrick Favors was the best player on the floor as he dominated the offensive glass stealing rebounds and creating extra opportunities for the Jazz offense
- The Jazz defense was not impactful until late in the 3rd quarter and then in the 4th quarter they shut down the Wolves.
- According to cleaning the glass the Jazz took 44% of their shots at the rim and 39% of their shots as threes. That is amazing shot distribution. The Jazz continue to have one of the best shot distributions in the NBA. It is worth a few points every night.
- Jazz offensive rating was a 122 tonight. Defensive rating was near 100 again, last check had it at 102. The Jazz have held opponents below a point a possessions in 5 of the last 8 games before tonight.
- Raul Neto was +7 in 13 minutes
- Dante Exum had a sore knee and Thabo Sefolosha had a tight hamstring and neither were available for most of the night.
- Kyle Korver moved into 50th all time on the games played list and took 9 three points
- Minnesota had a brutal travel day yesterday stuck in an executive terminal (limited, no food, no commerce) or the plane for 8 hours in Denver before finally going back to the hotel and spending the night in Denver and then flying out mid morning and arriving here at noon. They wore out.
- Gail Miller addressed the crowd before the game and may have had the signature quote for what she will be remembered: “No one wins when respect goes away.”
JAZZ GAME REWIND: 2nd Half propels Toronto past the youthful Jazz
The Jazz fell short in the second half as the Toronto defense shut the new-look Jazz down in route to cruising to an 114 – 82 Raptors victory. Lauri Markkanen shined for the Jazz with 20 points and 5 rebounds but the Raptors length and athleticism proved to be too much for the Jazz riding a dominant 3rd quarter to pull away from the Jazz who played well in the first half, only trailing by one.
Relive the game through the radio highlights. Voiced by Leif Thulin.
Utah Jazz trade Rudy Gobert – the emotions, the decision making, what did we get and what now
The Utah Jazz traded Rudy Gobert on Friday after a 4th of July weekend to soak in the biggest news of the NBA trade season we try to digest what it means for the Utah Jazz. David Locke, radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA Insider, take a look at all angles of the Rudy Gobert trade. The emotions of losing one of your own and a beloved player like Rudy Gobert. The player that we knew how great he was and had to argue on his behalf and now someone else gets the pleasure. Locke revisits the decision making tree of the Utah Jazz and how they got to trading Rudy Gobert and why they took this trade rather than other options that may have been on the table for the Utah Jazz. Then Locke looks into what did we really get in this trade and what are the possibilities of benefit for trading one of the great players in franchise history. A look at each of the 5 first round picks and what they could become and the margin starts to expand the farther out you go. Then are the Utah Jazz re-building? Why now would be the question. That is a decision that the Jazz don’t need to make for the some time. Summer league kicks off today and what are the Utah Jazz looking for and who could make an impression. What the Jazz want to see from Jared Butler Locked On Jazz Podcast 💻 https://www.lockedonjazz.net/ 🎧 LockedOnJazz.com https://buff.ly/2FEZTVY 🎧 Apple https://apple.co/3Dc8QBq 🎧 Spotify https://spoti.fi/3IfvgVX 🎧Stitcher https://bit.ly/3pkGyzB 🎧 Google https://bit.ly/3I8TwJz
NBA Free Agency is here for the Utah Jazz
NBA Free Agency is day is here for the Utah Jazz. What can we expect to take place? Will the Utah Jazz make a trade? Is this the day Rudy Gobert or Mike Conley or Donovan Mitchell gets traded? Do the Jazz have a free agency move to be made? David Locke, radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA insider take a look at all of these questions and gives you the free agency primer. Is the market drying up on the Utah Jazz? The Clippers and Wizards have already made moves and the Atlanta Hawks have used their draft capital. Rumors continue with Rudy Gobert at the forefront and we take a look at what those deals might be for the Utah Jazz and what would have to be included to make a deal happen. Then a look at the Utah Jazz options at the tax payer mid level contractsand what the Jazz current roster looks like and what could take place. Locked On Jazz Podcast 💻 https://www.lockedonjazz.net/ 🎧 LockedOnJazz.com https://buff.ly/2FEZTVY 🎧 Apple https://apple.co/3Dc8QBq 🎧 Spotify https://spoti.fi/3IfvgVX 🎧Stitcher https://bit.ly/3pkGyzB 🎧 Google https://bit.ly/3I8TwJz
- JAZZ GAME REWIND: 2nd Half propels Toronto past the youthful Jazz October 2, 2022
- Utah Jazz trade Rudy Gobert – the emotions, the decision making, what did we get and what now July 5, 2022
- NBA Free Agency is here for the Utah Jazz June 30, 2022
- New Utah Jazz Head Coach Will Hardy: What formed him, what influences, style of play and staff June 29, 2022
- Utah Jazz free agency decision making tree, the case for Johnnie Bryant and NBA Menus June 28, 2022