SUMMARY: Super solid performance from the Utah Jazz as they control the game for its entirety and beat the Minnesota Timberwolves 120-100
- The Jazz lead by 9 at the end of the 1st quarter, they lead by 9 and the half, they lead by 10 at the end of 3 and then they blew the Wolves out for a 20 point win.
- The early portion of the game was dictated by Karl Anthony Towns getting two early fouls and the Jazz taking advantage to run out to the 9 point lead and the Jazz closed the 1st quarter on a 11-2 run that they would never relinquish.
- The Wolves got the game to 2 at one point in the third and then the Jazz took it right back to 9 and stayed a comfortable distances away from the Wolves the rest of the night.
- Donovan started strong tonight with 4 assists for three pointers in the 1st quarter as well as 7 points.
- For a period of the game Derrick Favors was the best player on the floor as he dominated the offensive glass stealing rebounds and creating extra opportunities for the Jazz offense
- The Jazz defense was not impactful until late in the 3rd quarter and then in the 4th quarter they shut down the Wolves.
- According to cleaning the glass the Jazz took 44% of their shots at the rim and 39% of their shots as threes. That is amazing shot distribution. The Jazz continue to have one of the best shot distributions in the NBA. It is worth a few points every night.
- Jazz offensive rating was a 122 tonight. Defensive rating was near 100 again, last check had it at 102. The Jazz have held opponents below a point a possessions in 5 of the last 8 games before tonight.
- Raul Neto was +7 in 13 minutes
- Dante Exum had a sore knee and Thabo Sefolosha had a tight hamstring and neither were available for most of the night.
- Kyle Korver moved into 50th all time on the games played list and took 9 three points
- Minnesota had a brutal travel day yesterday stuck in an executive terminal (limited, no food, no commerce) or the plane for 8 hours in Denver before finally going back to the hotel and spending the night in Denver and then flying out mid morning and arriving here at noon. They wore out.
- Gail Miller addressed the crowd before the game and may have had the signature quote for what she will be remembered: “No one wins when respect goes away.”
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Was it another slight to the Utah Jazz? Donovan and Rudy picked last plus live audience questions
The Utah Jazz all-stars were picked last by LeBron James and Kevin Durant. Was this conscience by the two stars? Was this telling Utah to stay in their hierarchy of the NBA? Was this just fun? It all feels like another slight to the Utah Jazz in a remarkable season. David Locke, radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA Insider takes a look at all the options and interacts with a live audience
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Utah Jazz with a flurry of furious comments, great game v. Sixers, Twitter Thursday
The Utah Jazz fell in overtime to the Philadelphia 76ers and both Donovan Mitchell and Rudy Gobert had strong comments after the game. David Locke, the radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA Insider takes a look at those comments and where they come from plus a breakdown of a great game between two of the NBA best teams. Finally it is a Twitter Thursday and some great questions came in about style of play late, lineup choices late in the game and more.
JAZZ GAME REWIND- The Jazz Battled In Their Last Game Before the Break
The Jazz lost a tough one in overtime to the 76ers to close out the first half of the season. Here is a recap of how it all went down in Philadelphia.
- LOCKED ON JAZZ – Was it another slight to the Utah Jazz? Donovan and Rudy picked last plus live audience questions March 5, 2021
- LOCKED ON JAZZ – Utah Jazz with a flurry of furious comments, great game v. Sixers, Twitter Thursday March 4, 2021
- JAZZ GAME REWIND- The Jazz Battled In Their Last Game Before the Break March 3, 2021
- QUIN SNYDER COACHES SHOW- Donovan Is Letting The Game Come To Him March 3, 2021
- POSTCAST – Overtime loss to the Sixers sends the Jazz to break with some fury March 3, 2021
Utah Jazz1 week ago
LOCKED ON JAZZ – More record setting v. Los Angeles Lakers. Utah Jazz shot clock use tells a story
Utah Jazz1 week ago
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Donovan Mitchell and Rudy Gobert are all-star, Mike Conley left off again, previewing the Lakers
Utah Jazz1 week ago
LOCKED ON JAZZ – In depth breakdown of Jazz blitz of the Hornets, Mike Conley’s All-Star chances and Power Ranking Tuesday
Utah Jazz2 weeks ago
LOCKED ON JAZZ – 30 games in and status check on Utah Jazz. Donovan Mitchell and Rudy Gobert are better.