SUMMARY: Houston Rockets push their win streak to 13 games with an impressive defensive outing against the Utah Jazz 96-85.
- The Houston Rockets without Clint Capela, Ryan Anderson and Eric Gordon were able to extend their winning streak to 13 games behind a remarkable defensive effort.
- The Jazz game plan worked as well on the defensive end as you could imagine. The Jazz were able to keep the Rockets off the three point. The Rockets take 50% of their shots from three and tonight they hit on just 9 of 32. 32 of their Rockets 79 shots were threes and 40.5% well below their season average.
- The Jazz wanted to keep Harden away from his off the dribble three and off the three point line. When Harden takes 12 or more threes the Rockets are 18-2, when he takes 10 or more they are 33-4. The Jazz took away his attempts as he got just 5 attempts. They are now 10-6 when he takes 9 or fewer.
- This is the sign of how great this Rockets team is this year. They have amazing depth to be able to play without three primary guys. They are able to execute well enough offensively when a team takes them out of their offensive plan and most impressively they defended well enough to win this game. They are 9th best defensive team in the NBA and tonight their defensive effort won the game.
- Donovan Mitchell really struggled tonight. He had 8 turnovers, for a new season high and shot just 6 of 15. His efficiency has not been the same as it was for a while now. He is the focus of teams and it was the 4th time the Rockets have seen him. This is all part of the progression of a rookie and why you don’t see a lot of rookies as the lead guy on a good team.
- The Jazz three point shooting is regressing to the mean from the hot streak in a big way. They were 7 of 29 and are now 32 of their last 120 (26.7%) over the last 4 games
- The hot Joe Ingles and Royce O’Neale that were present before the break were not a part of this game tonight as Joe went 1 for 6 and Royce was 1 for 3.
- This game a ton of holding and grabbing and both teams were up in arms throughout the night at the lack of calls by the officiating crew
- Luc Mbah a Moute scored 11 straight points at one point in the 4th quarter
- Chris Paul put the mid range jumper on display when the Rockets needed points
- James Harden had 26 points, 11 rebounds and 5 assists to go with 7 turnovers and the Jazz defended him about as well as you could expect a team to handle him.
- Alec Burks had two fun drives to the basket
- Jazz offense was not on point tonight. Very impressive for this Rockets team to be able to dictate a game on the defensive end when they aren’t having their way offensively. They are a legitimate title contender.
JAZZ GAME REWIND: 2nd Half propels Toronto past the youthful Jazz
The Jazz fell short in the second half as the Toronto defense shut the new-look Jazz down in route to cruising to an 114 – 82 Raptors victory. Lauri Markkanen shined for the Jazz with 20 points and 5 rebounds but the Raptors length and athleticism proved to be too much for the Jazz riding a dominant 3rd quarter to pull away from the Jazz who played well in the first half, only trailing by one.
Relive the game through the radio highlights. Voiced by Leif Thulin.
Utah Jazz trade Rudy Gobert – the emotions, the decision making, what did we get and what now
The Utah Jazz traded Rudy Gobert on Friday after a 4th of July weekend to soak in the biggest news of the NBA trade season we try to digest what it means for the Utah Jazz. David Locke, radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA Insider, take a look at all angles of the Rudy Gobert trade. The emotions of losing one of your own and a beloved player like Rudy Gobert. The player that we knew how great he was and had to argue on his behalf and now someone else gets the pleasure. Locke revisits the decision making tree of the Utah Jazz and how they got to trading Rudy Gobert and why they took this trade rather than other options that may have been on the table for the Utah Jazz. Then Locke looks into what did we really get in this trade and what are the possibilities of benefit for trading one of the great players in franchise history. A look at each of the 5 first round picks and what they could become and the margin starts to expand the farther out you go. Then are the Utah Jazz re-building? Why now would be the question. That is a decision that the Jazz don’t need to make for the some time. Summer league kicks off today and what are the Utah Jazz looking for and who could make an impression. What the Jazz want to see from Jared Butler Locked On Jazz Podcast 💻 https://www.lockedonjazz.net/ 🎧 LockedOnJazz.com https://buff.ly/2FEZTVY 🎧 Apple https://apple.co/3Dc8QBq 🎧 Spotify https://spoti.fi/3IfvgVX 🎧Stitcher https://bit.ly/3pkGyzB 🎧 Google https://bit.ly/3I8TwJz
NBA Free Agency is here for the Utah Jazz
NBA Free Agency is day is here for the Utah Jazz. What can we expect to take place? Will the Utah Jazz make a trade? Is this the day Rudy Gobert or Mike Conley or Donovan Mitchell gets traded? Do the Jazz have a free agency move to be made? David Locke, radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA insider take a look at all of these questions and gives you the free agency primer. Is the market drying up on the Utah Jazz? The Clippers and Wizards have already made moves and the Atlanta Hawks have used their draft capital. Rumors continue with Rudy Gobert at the forefront and we take a look at what those deals might be for the Utah Jazz and what would have to be included to make a deal happen. Then a look at the Utah Jazz options at the tax payer mid level contractsand what the Jazz current roster looks like and what could take place. Locked On Jazz Podcast 💻 https://www.lockedonjazz.net/ 🎧 LockedOnJazz.com https://buff.ly/2FEZTVY 🎧 Apple https://apple.co/3Dc8QBq 🎧 Spotify https://spoti.fi/3IfvgVX 🎧Stitcher https://bit.ly/3pkGyzB 🎧 Google https://bit.ly/3I8TwJz
- JAZZ GAME REWIND: 2nd Half propels Toronto past the youthful Jazz October 2, 2022
- Utah Jazz trade Rudy Gobert – the emotions, the decision making, what did we get and what now July 5, 2022
- NBA Free Agency is here for the Utah Jazz June 30, 2022
- New Utah Jazz Head Coach Will Hardy: What formed him, what influences, style of play and staff June 29, 2022
- Utah Jazz free agency decision making tree, the case for Johnnie Bryant and NBA Menus June 28, 2022