SUMMARY: Houston Rockets push their win streak to 13 games with an impressive defensive outing against the Utah Jazz 96-85.
- The Houston Rockets without Clint Capela, Ryan Anderson and Eric Gordon were able to extend their winning streak to 13 games behind a remarkable defensive effort.
- The Jazz game plan worked as well on the defensive end as you could imagine. The Jazz were able to keep the Rockets off the three point. The Rockets take 50% of their shots from three and tonight they hit on just 9 of 32. 32 of their Rockets 79 shots were threes and 40.5% well below their season average.
- The Jazz wanted to keep Harden away from his off the dribble three and off the three point line. When Harden takes 12 or more threes the Rockets are 18-2, when he takes 10 or more they are 33-4. The Jazz took away his attempts as he got just 5 attempts. They are now 10-6 when he takes 9 or fewer.
- This is the sign of how great this Rockets team is this year. They have amazing depth to be able to play without three primary guys. They are able to execute well enough offensively when a team takes them out of their offensive plan and most impressively they defended well enough to win this game. They are 9th best defensive team in the NBA and tonight their defensive effort won the game.
- Donovan Mitchell really struggled tonight. He had 8 turnovers, for a new season high and shot just 6 of 15. His efficiency has not been the same as it was for a while now. He is the focus of teams and it was the 4th time the Rockets have seen him. This is all part of the progression of a rookie and why you don’t see a lot of rookies as the lead guy on a good team.
- The Jazz three point shooting is regressing to the mean from the hot streak in a big way. They were 7 of 29 and are now 32 of their last 120 (26.7%) over the last 4 games
- The hot Joe Ingles and Royce O’Neale that were present before the break were not a part of this game tonight as Joe went 1 for 6 and Royce was 1 for 3.
- This game a ton of holding and grabbing and both teams were up in arms throughout the night at the lack of calls by the officiating crew
- Luc Mbah a Moute scored 11 straight points at one point in the 4th quarter
- Chris Paul put the mid range jumper on display when the Rockets needed points
- James Harden had 26 points, 11 rebounds and 5 assists to go with 7 turnovers and the Jazz defended him about as well as you could expect a team to handle him.
- Alec Burks had two fun drives to the basket
- Jazz offense was not on point tonight. Very impressive for this Rockets team to be able to dictate a game on the defensive end when they aren’t having their way offensively. They are a legitimate title contender.
Staying above water has been amazing but Jazz are running out of steam and live audience
David Locke, radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA Insider, brings you the daily podcast on the Utah Jazz, Locked On Jazz
- Blazers had a great game plan v. the Utah Jazz
- Jazz are amazing to have stayed above water without Donovan and Mike
- However, Jazz are wearing out and a lot is being asked of Joe Ingles and Jordan Clarkson
- Warriors and Blazers were playing playoff games and it showed
- Biggest concern on the Jazz
- Completely freaking out.
Jazz Game Rewind – Jazz offense sluggish as they fall to Blazers
The Utah Jazz fall short to the Portland Blazers, 105-98, as the offense struggled to get into a rhythm while still missing their two All-stars. For a recap of tonight’s action, tune into this edition of Jazz Game Rewind!
POSTCAST – Jazz offense wears down and Dame and CJ have the answers
David Locke and Ron Boone bring you POSTCAST after each Jazz game.
- Staying above water has been amazing but Jazz are running out of steam and live audience May 13, 2021
- Jazz Game Rewind – Jazz offense sluggish as they fall to Blazers May 13, 2021
- POSTCAST – Jazz offense wears down and Dame and CJ have the answers May 13, 2021
- Quin Snyder Coaches Show – Quin on Gobert and guarding Lillard May 12, 2021
- Where do we stand now? Will first round be the hardest for the Jazz? Portland preview May 12, 2021
Utah Jazz6 days ago
POSTCAST – Utah Jazz get massive win over Denver Nuggets and bodacious performance from Bojan
Utah Jazz1 week ago
What former Utah Jazz player not named Stockton or Malone would you put on this Jazz team?
Utah Jazz1 week ago
Bojan Bogdanovic taking advantage, Quin figuring this group out, shot charts
Utah Jazz1 week ago
Length has been impressive defensively, transition defense improvement, live edition