SUMMARY: Houston Rockets push their win streak to 13 games with an impressive defensive outing against the Utah Jazz 96-85.
- The Houston Rockets without Clint Capela, Ryan Anderson and Eric Gordon were able to extend their winning streak to 13 games behind a remarkable defensive effort.
- The Jazz game plan worked as well on the defensive end as you could imagine. The Jazz were able to keep the Rockets off the three point. The Rockets take 50% of their shots from three and tonight they hit on just 9 of 32. 32 of their Rockets 79 shots were threes and 40.5% well below their season average.
- The Jazz wanted to keep Harden away from his off the dribble three and off the three point line. When Harden takes 12 or more threes the Rockets are 18-2, when he takes 10 or more they are 33-4. The Jazz took away his attempts as he got just 5 attempts. They are now 10-6 when he takes 9 or fewer.
- This is the sign of how great this Rockets team is this year. They have amazing depth to be able to play without three primary guys. They are able to execute well enough offensively when a team takes them out of their offensive plan and most impressively they defended well enough to win this game. They are 9th best defensive team in the NBA and tonight their defensive effort won the game.
- Donovan Mitchell really struggled tonight. He had 8 turnovers, for a new season high and shot just 6 of 15. His efficiency has not been the same as it was for a while now. He is the focus of teams and it was the 4th time the Rockets have seen him. This is all part of the progression of a rookie and why you don’t see a lot of rookies as the lead guy on a good team.
- The Jazz three point shooting is regressing to the mean from the hot streak in a big way. They were 7 of 29 and are now 32 of their last 120 (26.7%) over the last 4 games
- The hot Joe Ingles and Royce O’Neale that were present before the break were not a part of this game tonight as Joe went 1 for 6 and Royce was 1 for 3.
- This game a ton of holding and grabbing and both teams were up in arms throughout the night at the lack of calls by the officiating crew
- Luc Mbah a Moute scored 11 straight points at one point in the 4th quarter
- Chris Paul put the mid range jumper on display when the Rockets needed points
- James Harden had 26 points, 11 rebounds and 5 assists to go with 7 turnovers and the Jazz defended him about as well as you could expect a team to handle him.
- Alec Burks had two fun drives to the basket
- Jazz offense was not on point tonight. Very impressive for this Rockets team to be able to dictate a game on the defensive end when they aren’t having their way offensively. They are a legitimate title contender.
New #1 Points Gained player, Perpelexed about the Jazz and about last year
How should we feel about the Utah Jazz? Is perplexed the right way to say it. A look at the items that are concerning and then why it might not be as concerning plus how a unique year last year may have tilted the perception
Trade rumors of the NBA abound everywhere and the latest for the Utah Jazz involve Marcus Smart. We dig into who is Marcus Smart.
David Locke, radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA Insider brings you the daily podcast on the Utah Jazz, Locked On Jazz, Now live each morning on You Tube
There is a new player on top of the Points Gained rankings. It is a bit of a surprise and we will try to make sense of it
Utah Jazz keep losing leads and what were they trying to do defensively
The Utah Jazz lost to one the NBA’s worst teams the Houston Rockets last night. THis is the 7th bad loss of the season for the Utah Jazz. What has happened to this group and how concerned should we be? The Utah Jazz have blown 7 double digit leads in the 2nd half this season. It the most of any team in the NBA and it is the same amount the blew over the last two season when they were 80-7 in games when they had a double digit lead. This year they are 26-7 and have blown the most 2nd half double digit leads of any team in the NBA. David Locke, radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA Insider brings you the daily podcast on the Utah Jazz, Locked On Jazz, Now live each morning on You Tube Plus a bunch of other topics on why Eric Paschall didn’t play and why the Rockets were a bad matchup and how the Jazz just don’t have answers right now on the defensive end
Jazz Game Rewind- Jazz Can’t Pull Ahead Without Mitchell
The Utah Jazz cannot outscore the 30th ranked defensive team in the league, the Houston Rockets. Rudy Gobert led with 29 points, but it wasn’t enough for the Rockets 49% 3-point shooting. Relive the game through the Radio Highlights. Voiced by Kristen Spear.
- New #1 Points Gained player, Perpelexed about the Jazz and about last year January 21, 2022
- Utah Jazz keep losing leads and what were they trying to do defensively January 20, 2022
- Jazz Game Rewind- Jazz Can’t Pull Ahead Without Mitchell January 20, 2022
- Utah Jazz lose to another below .500 team and lose another halftime lead January 20, 2022
- 1,000 and Feb 2047, Theory on Jordan Clarkson and Joe Ingles shooing woes January 19, 2022
Utah Jazz1 week ago
NBA Trade Market, Can Eric Paschall earn mintues and Points Gained Friday
Utah Jazz1 week ago
Utah Jazz fall in Detroit – how, why and what
Utah Jazz1 week ago
Utah Jazz are getting better from this stretch and how the offense has had to change
Utah Jazz2 weeks ago
Utah Jazz have bad loss in Indiana and a fun game in Toronto. Who are Danuel House Jr. and Denzel Valentine?