SUMMARY: Utah Jazz put together complete effort to get first home win of the season over the Dallas Mavericks 117-102.
- This one lined up for the Jazz, the Mavericks are team dependent on transition offense and they played last night and the Jazz were able to hit the Mavericks first and take away their transition and control the game throughout.
- The Jazz had a 18-12 lead when they went to the bench in the first quarter, which was a nice change. The Jazz have been trailing too often after the start of the 1st and 3rd This time the Jazz starters did a really nice job on both ends of the floor . Ingles had two corner three and Favors had another.
- Then the Jazz went to the bench with Jae Crowder and Alec Burks and they took over the game. Very quickly the Jazz were up 20. Both Crowder and Burks played great games. Alec Burks catch and shoot game is greatly improved. He has put in incredible with with coach Jeff Watkinson on this portion of his game. The biggest part is Alec thinking catch and shoot before dribble and taking the shot. He was 3 for 4 on catch and shoot tonight and has been over 50% this season.
- Alec had 18 in just 15 minutes
- Jae Crowder is having a super year for the Jazz. He said that he was going to have a better year this year with the passing of his mother over a year ago as well as an off-season to understand what the Jazz want. This has come to fruition. He was +13 again tonight. The lineup with starters and Crowder for Favors is +33 this year.
- Quin altered the rotation a little tonight and the main thing he changed was Donovan played shorter stints. This maybe due to the injuries, but it also allowed Donovan to play with Dante in the 2nd unit and it was a great combination. It also put Alec in the game with Crowder and a spread floor.
- The Mavericks are the #1 team in transition and the #25 offense in the half court. The Jazz were able to keep them in the half court tonight. Partially because they made shots. Also because they did a better job getting back in transition. Also because Dallas is not as good as Toronto.
- The corner 3 is a really important shot to the Jazz. Quin Snyder’s offense gets the 3rd most corner threes in the NBA and the Jazz came in 29th in the NBA in shooting on corner threes. Tonight they hit 3 early in the game and finished the night 5 of 15. 15 corner 3 shots is amazing.
- The Jazz shot distribution is incredible this season. Tonight they took 34 shots at the rim, 43% of their shots. Jazz are over 40% for the season and that has only been done once in the last 5 years.
- The Mavericks turned the ball over on 25% of their possessions
- Donovan Mitchell had 23 points and had two spectacular dunks tonight. One on the final play of the first half and then 2nd on a follow in the beginning of the 3rd Donovan also had a season high 7 assists, plus 5 rebounds. 9 of 17 shooting.
- Jazz lead by as many as 26.
- Solid win and much needed.
JAZZ GAME REWIND: 2nd Half propels Toronto past the youthful Jazz
The Jazz fell short in the second half as the Toronto defense shut the new-look Jazz down in route to cruising to an 114 – 82 Raptors victory. Lauri Markkanen shined for the Jazz with 20 points and 5 rebounds but the Raptors length and athleticism proved to be too much for the Jazz riding a dominant 3rd quarter to pull away from the Jazz who played well in the first half, only trailing by one.
Relive the game through the radio highlights. Voiced by Leif Thulin.
Utah Jazz trade Rudy Gobert – the emotions, the decision making, what did we get and what now
The Utah Jazz traded Rudy Gobert on Friday after a 4th of July weekend to soak in the biggest news of the NBA trade season we try to digest what it means for the Utah Jazz. David Locke, radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA Insider, take a look at all angles of the Rudy Gobert trade. The emotions of losing one of your own and a beloved player like Rudy Gobert. The player that we knew how great he was and had to argue on his behalf and now someone else gets the pleasure. Locke revisits the decision making tree of the Utah Jazz and how they got to trading Rudy Gobert and why they took this trade rather than other options that may have been on the table for the Utah Jazz. Then Locke looks into what did we really get in this trade and what are the possibilities of benefit for trading one of the great players in franchise history. A look at each of the 5 first round picks and what they could become and the margin starts to expand the farther out you go. Then are the Utah Jazz re-building? Why now would be the question. That is a decision that the Jazz don’t need to make for the some time. Summer league kicks off today and what are the Utah Jazz looking for and who could make an impression. What the Jazz want to see from Jared Butler Locked On Jazz Podcast 💻 https://www.lockedonjazz.net/ 🎧 LockedOnJazz.com https://buff.ly/2FEZTVY 🎧 Apple https://apple.co/3Dc8QBq 🎧 Spotify https://spoti.fi/3IfvgVX 🎧Stitcher https://bit.ly/3pkGyzB 🎧 Google https://bit.ly/3I8TwJz
NBA Free Agency is here for the Utah Jazz
NBA Free Agency is day is here for the Utah Jazz. What can we expect to take place? Will the Utah Jazz make a trade? Is this the day Rudy Gobert or Mike Conley or Donovan Mitchell gets traded? Do the Jazz have a free agency move to be made? David Locke, radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA insider take a look at all of these questions and gives you the free agency primer. Is the market drying up on the Utah Jazz? The Clippers and Wizards have already made moves and the Atlanta Hawks have used their draft capital. Rumors continue with Rudy Gobert at the forefront and we take a look at what those deals might be for the Utah Jazz and what would have to be included to make a deal happen. Then a look at the Utah Jazz options at the tax payer mid level contractsand what the Jazz current roster looks like and what could take place. Locked On Jazz Podcast 💻 https://www.lockedonjazz.net/ 🎧 LockedOnJazz.com https://buff.ly/2FEZTVY 🎧 Apple https://apple.co/3Dc8QBq 🎧 Spotify https://spoti.fi/3IfvgVX 🎧Stitcher https://bit.ly/3pkGyzB 🎧 Google https://bit.ly/3I8TwJz
- JAZZ GAME REWIND: 2nd Half propels Toronto past the youthful Jazz October 2, 2022
- Utah Jazz trade Rudy Gobert – the emotions, the decision making, what did we get and what now July 5, 2022
- NBA Free Agency is here for the Utah Jazz June 30, 2022
- New Utah Jazz Head Coach Will Hardy: What formed him, what influences, style of play and staff June 29, 2022
- Utah Jazz free agency decision making tree, the case for Johnnie Bryant and NBA Menus June 28, 2022