SUMMARY: Utah Jazz put together complete effort to get first home win of the season over the Dallas Mavericks 117-102.
- This one lined up for the Jazz, the Mavericks are team dependent on transition offense and they played last night and the Jazz were able to hit the Mavericks first and take away their transition and control the game throughout.
- The Jazz had a 18-12 lead when they went to the bench in the first quarter, which was a nice change. The Jazz have been trailing too often after the start of the 1st and 3rd This time the Jazz starters did a really nice job on both ends of the floor . Ingles had two corner three and Favors had another.
- Then the Jazz went to the bench with Jae Crowder and Alec Burks and they took over the game. Very quickly the Jazz were up 20. Both Crowder and Burks played great games. Alec Burks catch and shoot game is greatly improved. He has put in incredible with with coach Jeff Watkinson on this portion of his game. The biggest part is Alec thinking catch and shoot before dribble and taking the shot. He was 3 for 4 on catch and shoot tonight and has been over 50% this season.
- Alec had 18 in just 15 minutes
- Jae Crowder is having a super year for the Jazz. He said that he was going to have a better year this year with the passing of his mother over a year ago as well as an off-season to understand what the Jazz want. This has come to fruition. He was +13 again tonight. The lineup with starters and Crowder for Favors is +33 this year.
- Quin altered the rotation a little tonight and the main thing he changed was Donovan played shorter stints. This maybe due to the injuries, but it also allowed Donovan to play with Dante in the 2nd unit and it was a great combination. It also put Alec in the game with Crowder and a spread floor.
- The Mavericks are the #1 team in transition and the #25 offense in the half court. The Jazz were able to keep them in the half court tonight. Partially because they made shots. Also because they did a better job getting back in transition. Also because Dallas is not as good as Toronto.
- The corner 3 is a really important shot to the Jazz. Quin Snyder’s offense gets the 3rd most corner threes in the NBA and the Jazz came in 29th in the NBA in shooting on corner threes. Tonight they hit 3 early in the game and finished the night 5 of 15. 15 corner 3 shots is amazing.
- The Jazz shot distribution is incredible this season. Tonight they took 34 shots at the rim, 43% of their shots. Jazz are over 40% for the season and that has only been done once in the last 5 years.
- The Mavericks turned the ball over on 25% of their possessions
- Donovan Mitchell had 23 points and had two spectacular dunks tonight. One on the final play of the first half and then 2nd on a follow in the beginning of the 3rd Donovan also had a season high 7 assists, plus 5 rebounds. 9 of 17 shooting.
- Jazz lead by as many as 26.
- Solid win and much needed.
Where do we stand now? Will first round be the hardest for the Jazz? Portland preview
David Locke, radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA Insider, brings you the daily podcast on the Utah Jazz, Locked On Jazz
- Reports from the three biggest games from Locked On experts
- * Where the playoff race stands today
- *Will the first round be the hardest for the Utah Jazz
- Donovan Mitchell out till playoffs
- Portland offense since the Powell trade
- Quin Snyder Wednesday on Bojan Bogdanovic, transition defense and Nikola Jokic
Jazz fall to Golden State in amazing Jordan Clarkson experience, Key parts of the game, Jazz are offensive team
David Locke, radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA insider, brings you the daily podcast on the Utah Jazz with Locked On Jazz
- Jazz lose to the Warriors
- Jordan Clarkson crazy night
- Defensive issues with Rudy Gobert off the floor
- Is Rudy Gobert having the greatest defensive season of all time
- Power Ranking Tuesday
JAZZ GAME REWIND- Despite A Heroic Comeback The Jazz Fall In The Golden Gate City
After a five game homestand, the Jazz headed to San Francisco to take on the Warriors. Here is a recap of how it went down at the Chase Center.
- Where do we stand now? Will first round be the hardest for the Jazz? Portland preview May 12, 2021
- Jazz fall to Golden State in amazing Jordan Clarkson experience, Key parts of the game, Jazz are offensive team May 11, 2021
- JAZZ GAME REWIND- Despite A Heroic Comeback The Jazz Fall In The Golden Gate City May 11, 2021
- QUIN SNYDER COACHES SHOW- Let Rudy Do What He Does And Be Rudy May 11, 2021
- POSTCAST — Furious comeback falls short v. Warriors May 11, 2021
Utah Jazz5 days ago
POSTCAST – Utah Jazz get massive win over Denver Nuggets and bodacious performance from Bojan
Utah Jazz1 week ago
Bojan Bogdanovic taking advantage, Quin figuring this group out, shot charts
Utah Jazz1 week ago
What former Utah Jazz player not named Stockton or Malone would you put on this Jazz team?
Utah Jazz2 weeks ago
Live Show – Utah Jazz blow out, Georges Niang’s development, Phoenix keeps winning , your questions