SUMMARY: The Jazz go wire to wire for a significant win over the Clippers in a 117-95 blowout.
- This was not a close basketball game. The Jazz lead by 10 at the end of 1, lead by 20 in the 2nd quarter and lead by 30 in the 3rd
- The coaching staff’s preparation was incredible for this game. They narrowed in on all of the Clippers weakness and took advantage of them. They made their players understand who the Clippers are and how they play and adjusted the defense perfectly. The players executed it at a very high level.
- The Clippers since the trade are 26th defensively after a miss and the Jazz ran by them early in this game to establish the feel of this game.
- The Clippers are not a passing team. The Jazz run the pick and roll to start the offense and get the ball moving out of the initial action. It is advantage basketball. The Clippers are the opposite they run the pick and roll to score and the Jazz defense overcommitted to that knowing that the instinct of Austin Rivers, Tobias Harris and Lou Williams was to shot and score and all three had tough nights.
- Offensively, the Jazz looked like they knew everything the Clippers were doing defensively and how to react to each play. They were making passes to the next guy before they had even received the ball. Even when plays didn’t work or shots didn’t fall the set up was there and the Jazz were on their way to a good look.
- The Jazz lost Ricky Rubio to a sore hamstring 8 minutes into the game and shortly after that Jae Crowder got racked across the face by Derrick Favors (unintentionally) and was done for the night. The Jazz were shorthanded but never struggled.
- Dante Exum brings a unique element off the bench. The Jazz are #1 in the NBA offensively over the last 6 games and what Exum has brought in that span is a large part of the Jazz offensive explosion.
- This Jazz team has made me re-calibrate everything I know about the NBA. The Jazz have won 27 of 32. That doesn’t happen by accident. The Jazz are really good. So why? What is it about this group that makes them great. How is it possible? What did we not understand about the game of basketball? The main thought I have on this defense is far more important than we previously realized. That a dominant defensive team is equally as valuable as a dominant offensive team. If you think of the Jazz defense as the Rockets or Warriors offense then winning 27 of 32 begins to make a bit more sense. The best comparison is probably the Mike D’Antoni Suns teams that were the #1 offensive team with Steve Nash by a considerable amount and were an average offensive team and won 60 games. That is what the Jazz are this year just inverse.
- According to numbers, the Jazz have an over 60% of hosting a first round game. That is mind blowing.
JAZZ GAME REWIND: 2nd Half propels Toronto past the youthful Jazz
The Jazz fell short in the second half as the Toronto defense shut the new-look Jazz down in route to cruising to an 114 – 82 Raptors victory. Lauri Markkanen shined for the Jazz with 20 points and 5 rebounds but the Raptors length and athleticism proved to be too much for the Jazz riding a dominant 3rd quarter to pull away from the Jazz who played well in the first half, only trailing by one.
Relive the game through the radio highlights. Voiced by Leif Thulin.
Utah Jazz trade Rudy Gobert – the emotions, the decision making, what did we get and what now
The Utah Jazz traded Rudy Gobert on Friday after a 4th of July weekend to soak in the biggest news of the NBA trade season we try to digest what it means for the Utah Jazz. David Locke, radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA Insider, take a look at all angles of the Rudy Gobert trade. The emotions of losing one of your own and a beloved player like Rudy Gobert. The player that we knew how great he was and had to argue on his behalf and now someone else gets the pleasure. Locke revisits the decision making tree of the Utah Jazz and how they got to trading Rudy Gobert and why they took this trade rather than other options that may have been on the table for the Utah Jazz. Then Locke looks into what did we really get in this trade and what are the possibilities of benefit for trading one of the great players in franchise history. A look at each of the 5 first round picks and what they could become and the margin starts to expand the farther out you go. Then are the Utah Jazz re-building? Why now would be the question. That is a decision that the Jazz don’t need to make for the some time. Summer league kicks off today and what are the Utah Jazz looking for and who could make an impression. What the Jazz want to see from Jared Butler Locked On Jazz Podcast 💻 https://www.lockedonjazz.net/ 🎧 LockedOnJazz.com https://buff.ly/2FEZTVY 🎧 Apple https://apple.co/3Dc8QBq 🎧 Spotify https://spoti.fi/3IfvgVX 🎧Stitcher https://bit.ly/3pkGyzB 🎧 Google https://bit.ly/3I8TwJz
NBA Free Agency is here for the Utah Jazz
NBA Free Agency is day is here for the Utah Jazz. What can we expect to take place? Will the Utah Jazz make a trade? Is this the day Rudy Gobert or Mike Conley or Donovan Mitchell gets traded? Do the Jazz have a free agency move to be made? David Locke, radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA insider take a look at all of these questions and gives you the free agency primer. Is the market drying up on the Utah Jazz? The Clippers and Wizards have already made moves and the Atlanta Hawks have used their draft capital. Rumors continue with Rudy Gobert at the forefront and we take a look at what those deals might be for the Utah Jazz and what would have to be included to make a deal happen. Then a look at the Utah Jazz options at the tax payer mid level contractsand what the Jazz current roster looks like and what could take place. Locked On Jazz Podcast 💻 https://www.lockedonjazz.net/ 🎧 LockedOnJazz.com https://buff.ly/2FEZTVY 🎧 Apple https://apple.co/3Dc8QBq 🎧 Spotify https://spoti.fi/3IfvgVX 🎧Stitcher https://bit.ly/3pkGyzB 🎧 Google https://bit.ly/3I8TwJz
- JAZZ GAME REWIND: 2nd Half propels Toronto past the youthful Jazz October 2, 2022
- Utah Jazz trade Rudy Gobert – the emotions, the decision making, what did we get and what now July 5, 2022
- NBA Free Agency is here for the Utah Jazz June 30, 2022
- New Utah Jazz Head Coach Will Hardy: What formed him, what influences, style of play and staff June 29, 2022
- Utah Jazz free agency decision making tree, the case for Johnnie Bryant and NBA Menus June 28, 2022