SUMMARY: In Mexico City the Jazz and the Magic played an ugly missed shot turnover laden game where the Magic made more plays and beat the Jazz.
- I decided to go re-watch the three worst portions of the game before writing this so I could make sure what I felt was accurate. I am glad I did. I saw somethings very differently than when it happened live.
- The first segment I watched was the final 5:49 of the 1st In this span the Jazz missed 8 straight shots and turned it over 4 times. The first four shots the Jazz missed were wide open corner 3s for Donovan Mitchell, a wide open mid range jumper for Ricky Rubio and a wide open three for Jae Crowder. Then they just continued to miss shots. Korver missed shots. Dante came in for Ricky and played off the ball and the floor spacing wasn’t great but the offense got looks and missed shot after shot after shot. It was crazy to watch.
- The third quarter when the offense disappeared was the same story. Holy smokes were guys open. We are not talking sort of open. I am talking as open as any player I have seen in 25 years in the league open and missed shots. Wide open threes only go in about 36% of the time but this was absurd. Guys had looks where opposing players were still in the key and the Jazz player was outside the three point line. It was stunning.
- I don’t know what is to be done about this. These shots are crazy open. The easy answer is they should drive to the basket but according to cleaningtheglass the Jazz were 12 of 31 at the rim tonight. And were 9 of 27 on all non restricted area 2s.
- Joe Ingles got wide open shots, Kyle Korver got wide open shots. Everyone missed.
- The Jazz missed all 13 shots out of the paint on the right side of the floor
- The defense for the first three quarters was great. They forced turnovers and they were very active. The played with force. Nikola Vucevic wanted no part of attacking Rudy Gobert.
- Then all of sudden in the 4th quarter the Magic started scoring and scoring almost everytime down the floor. They scored on 12 of their first 14 possessions of the 4th What surprised me when I went back and watched is the Jazz played pretty good defense for most of this stretch. Terrance Ross hit shots that were contested. They made contested shots and the Jazz missed open shots.
- The Jazz guards got left a bit too far behind on the pick and roll action when they were trailing the ball handler. This allowed Augustin and Fornier to get some room in the lane.
- The Jazz in ability to have an advantage at the point guard position tonight was a significant portion of this game. Most nights the Magic are at a significant disadvantage at the point guard position with DJ Augustin. Tonight they was not the case
- The Jazz bench had a tough night.
- The Jazz EFG% was 35.4 it might be impossible to win with that as an EFG. Ok it is not impossible only the last 49 teams that have done it lost. The last team to win was Jan 24th 2015.
JAZZ GAME REWIND: 2nd Half propels Toronto past the youthful Jazz
The Jazz fell short in the second half as the Toronto defense shut the new-look Jazz down in route to cruising to an 114 – 82 Raptors victory. Lauri Markkanen shined for the Jazz with 20 points and 5 rebounds but the Raptors length and athleticism proved to be too much for the Jazz riding a dominant 3rd quarter to pull away from the Jazz who played well in the first half, only trailing by one.
Relive the game through the radio highlights. Voiced by Leif Thulin.
Utah Jazz trade Rudy Gobert – the emotions, the decision making, what did we get and what now
The Utah Jazz traded Rudy Gobert on Friday after a 4th of July weekend to soak in the biggest news of the NBA trade season we try to digest what it means for the Utah Jazz. David Locke, radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA Insider, take a look at all angles of the Rudy Gobert trade. The emotions of losing one of your own and a beloved player like Rudy Gobert. The player that we knew how great he was and had to argue on his behalf and now someone else gets the pleasure. Locke revisits the decision making tree of the Utah Jazz and how they got to trading Rudy Gobert and why they took this trade rather than other options that may have been on the table for the Utah Jazz. Then Locke looks into what did we really get in this trade and what are the possibilities of benefit for trading one of the great players in franchise history. A look at each of the 5 first round picks and what they could become and the margin starts to expand the farther out you go. Then are the Utah Jazz re-building? Why now would be the question. That is a decision that the Jazz don’t need to make for the some time. Summer league kicks off today and what are the Utah Jazz looking for and who could make an impression. What the Jazz want to see from Jared Butler Locked On Jazz Podcast 💻 https://www.lockedonjazz.net/ 🎧 LockedOnJazz.com https://buff.ly/2FEZTVY 🎧 Apple https://apple.co/3Dc8QBq 🎧 Spotify https://spoti.fi/3IfvgVX 🎧Stitcher https://bit.ly/3pkGyzB 🎧 Google https://bit.ly/3I8TwJz
NBA Free Agency is here for the Utah Jazz
NBA Free Agency is day is here for the Utah Jazz. What can we expect to take place? Will the Utah Jazz make a trade? Is this the day Rudy Gobert or Mike Conley or Donovan Mitchell gets traded? Do the Jazz have a free agency move to be made? David Locke, radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA insider take a look at all of these questions and gives you the free agency primer. Is the market drying up on the Utah Jazz? The Clippers and Wizards have already made moves and the Atlanta Hawks have used their draft capital. Rumors continue with Rudy Gobert at the forefront and we take a look at what those deals might be for the Utah Jazz and what would have to be included to make a deal happen. Then a look at the Utah Jazz options at the tax payer mid level contractsand what the Jazz current roster looks like and what could take place. Locked On Jazz Podcast 💻 https://www.lockedonjazz.net/ 🎧 LockedOnJazz.com https://buff.ly/2FEZTVY 🎧 Apple https://apple.co/3Dc8QBq 🎧 Spotify https://spoti.fi/3IfvgVX 🎧Stitcher https://bit.ly/3pkGyzB 🎧 Google https://bit.ly/3I8TwJz
- JAZZ GAME REWIND: 2nd Half propels Toronto past the youthful Jazz October 2, 2022
- Utah Jazz trade Rudy Gobert – the emotions, the decision making, what did we get and what now July 5, 2022
- NBA Free Agency is here for the Utah Jazz June 30, 2022
- New Utah Jazz Head Coach Will Hardy: What formed him, what influences, style of play and staff June 29, 2022
- Utah Jazz free agency decision making tree, the case for Johnnie Bryant and NBA Menus June 28, 2022