EMPYTING THE NOGGIN – A Stat Padding, Stress Free blow out win of the Knicks
SUMMARY: Jazz make a mockery of the Knicks in the first half and cruise to a 129-97 win over the Knicks
- The Jazz schedule has not only been road heavy, but they haven’t played any bad teams. Playing bad teams has great value. It gives you confidence, it is a mentally relaxing game and it is really fun. The Jazz had a great time tonight making mincemeat of the Knicks defense and destroying the Knicks from the opening tip.
- This game was over within 5 minutes. The Jazz went to the rim time and time again. There is incredible value in having a game like tonight. The Knicks have no interior defense and had no clue how to deal with either a Dante Exum/ Rudy Gobert pick and roll or a Joe Ingles/Rudy Gobert pick and roll.
- Rudy Gobert set a career high with 16 points in the 1st quarter and a career high with 22 points in the first half.
- Dante Exum had a career high 13 assists and had almost all of them in the first half. He had a terrific game against a hapless defense. Dante played with great tempo, he didn’t rush. He made super reads and threw accurate lob passes to Rudy that the Knicks just had to watch. Dante was really good finding teammates, playing in control and taking advantage of the 29th ranked defense in the NBA.
- Dante had only 1 turnover
- Thabo Sefolosha had a double double playing in Jae Crowder’s place with 10 points and 10 rebounds. This is another reason games like this are important. Thabo is working his way back and tonight is a great confidence booster for him
- Royce O’Neale who had been struggling hit two threes.
- Kyle Korver had 5 three pointers
- No Jazz player played more than 27 minutes and these were easy minutes
- This score was 39-17 after 1, 71-36 at the half and then the league mandated we played the 2nd
- A stat padding, confidence building, mentally easy night. So important for the Utah Jazz.
JAZZ GAME REWIND: 2nd Half propels Toronto past the youthful Jazz
The Jazz fell short in the second half as the Toronto defense shut the new-look Jazz down in route to cruising to an 114 – 82 Raptors victory. Lauri Markkanen shined for the Jazz with 20 points and 5 rebounds but the Raptors length and athleticism proved to be too much for the Jazz riding a dominant 3rd quarter to pull away from the Jazz who played well in the first half, only trailing by one.
Relive the game through the radio highlights. Voiced by Leif Thulin.
Utah Jazz trade Rudy Gobert – the emotions, the decision making, what did we get and what now
The Utah Jazz traded Rudy Gobert on Friday after a 4th of July weekend to soak in the biggest news of the NBA trade season we try to digest what it means for the Utah Jazz. David Locke, radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA Insider, take a look at all angles of the Rudy Gobert trade. The emotions of losing one of your own and a beloved player like Rudy Gobert. The player that we knew how great he was and had to argue on his behalf and now someone else gets the pleasure. Locke revisits the decision making tree of the Utah Jazz and how they got to trading Rudy Gobert and why they took this trade rather than other options that may have been on the table for the Utah Jazz. Then Locke looks into what did we really get in this trade and what are the possibilities of benefit for trading one of the great players in franchise history. A look at each of the 5 first round picks and what they could become and the margin starts to expand the farther out you go. Then are the Utah Jazz re-building? Why now would be the question. That is a decision that the Jazz don’t need to make for the some time. Summer league kicks off today and what are the Utah Jazz looking for and who could make an impression. What the Jazz want to see from Jared Butler Locked On Jazz Podcast 💻 https://www.lockedonjazz.net/ 🎧 LockedOnJazz.com https://buff.ly/2FEZTVY 🎧 Apple https://apple.co/3Dc8QBq 🎧 Spotify https://spoti.fi/3IfvgVX 🎧Stitcher https://bit.ly/3pkGyzB 🎧 Google https://bit.ly/3I8TwJz
NBA Free Agency is here for the Utah Jazz
NBA Free Agency is day is here for the Utah Jazz. What can we expect to take place? Will the Utah Jazz make a trade? Is this the day Rudy Gobert or Mike Conley or Donovan Mitchell gets traded? Do the Jazz have a free agency move to be made? David Locke, radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA insider take a look at all of these questions and gives you the free agency primer. Is the market drying up on the Utah Jazz? The Clippers and Wizards have already made moves and the Atlanta Hawks have used their draft capital. Rumors continue with Rudy Gobert at the forefront and we take a look at what those deals might be for the Utah Jazz and what would have to be included to make a deal happen. Then a look at the Utah Jazz options at the tax payer mid level contractsand what the Jazz current roster looks like and what could take place. Locked On Jazz Podcast 💻 https://www.lockedonjazz.net/ 🎧 LockedOnJazz.com https://buff.ly/2FEZTVY 🎧 Apple https://apple.co/3Dc8QBq 🎧 Spotify https://spoti.fi/3IfvgVX 🎧Stitcher https://bit.ly/3pkGyzB 🎧 Google https://bit.ly/3I8TwJz
- JAZZ GAME REWIND: 2nd Half propels Toronto past the youthful Jazz October 2, 2022
- Utah Jazz trade Rudy Gobert – the emotions, the decision making, what did we get and what now July 5, 2022
- NBA Free Agency is here for the Utah Jazz June 30, 2022
- New Utah Jazz Head Coach Will Hardy: What formed him, what influences, style of play and staff June 29, 2022
- Utah Jazz free agency decision making tree, the case for Johnnie Bryant and NBA Menus June 28, 2022