In the past, I did a feature called Emptying the Noggin. The origins of Emptying the Noggin was that I don’t have good game recall and as a play by play announcer I needed to write down my thoughts after games so I could refer back to them for future broadcasts. For various reasons, I stopped publishing Emptying the Noggin. This year I am going to bring back a condensed version of Emptying the Noggin, with Game Thoughts. These are my notes after a game that I believe are relevant for me to know for future broadcasts. It is not meant to be a game summary or a complete recall of the game. Instead, it is a refresher for me when we play this team again or I need to recall this game. Hope it has some other value for you.
- Jazz dominate from start to finish. Thunder lead 2-0 and never again. Jazz were up by 10 by the 2:40 mark of the 1st Up 15 by 8:42 2nd quarter and by 20 by 8:10 in the 3rd.
- Dort guards Donovan and Donovan is 4 of 12 when guarded by Dort.
- Jazz do nice job in 3rd quarter running off ball screens to get Donovan switched on the SGA and Donovan has a big third quarter
- Clarkson was electric in the 2nd quarter going 5 for 5 with 15 points
- Rudy had a double double in the first half finished with 21 rebounds and a +20
- Jazz defense was dominant. Didn’t have a quarter with a defensive rating above 100.
- Defensive rating with Rudy on the floor was a 77
- Not a great defensive rebounding effort from the Jazz
- Jazz played a 10-man rotation with Jared Butler coming in during the 2nd and 4th He was jittery in his NBA debut and finished 0 for 5
- Bojan lead the Jazz in scoring with 22 points, as he did in all the games against the Thunder last season as well.
- 6 players in double figures for the Jazz and 5 Jazz players had at least 2 assists and 8 players had an assist.
- Conley guarded SGA for large portions of the game rather than Royce O’Neale and Donovan was matched up with Dort on both sides of the ball
- Josh Giddey made his NBA debut and was marked by Joe Ingles and guarded Joe Ingles for a few possessions.
- Donovan Mitchell and Eric Paschall’s were at mid court after the game taking pictures as the childhood friends were teammates in the NBA for the first time.
If you want more here is LOCKED ON JAZZ today on You Tube
JAZZ GAME REWIND: 2nd Half propels Toronto past the youthful Jazz
The Jazz fell short in the second half as the Toronto defense shut the new-look Jazz down in route to cruising to an 114 – 82 Raptors victory. Lauri Markkanen shined for the Jazz with 20 points and 5 rebounds but the Raptors length and athleticism proved to be too much for the Jazz riding a dominant 3rd quarter to pull away from the Jazz who played well in the first half, only trailing by one.
Relive the game through the radio highlights. Voiced by Leif Thulin.
Utah Jazz trade Rudy Gobert – the emotions, the decision making, what did we get and what now
The Utah Jazz traded Rudy Gobert on Friday after a 4th of July weekend to soak in the biggest news of the NBA trade season we try to digest what it means for the Utah Jazz. David Locke, radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA Insider, take a look at all angles of the Rudy Gobert trade. The emotions of losing one of your own and a beloved player like Rudy Gobert. The player that we knew how great he was and had to argue on his behalf and now someone else gets the pleasure. Locke revisits the decision making tree of the Utah Jazz and how they got to trading Rudy Gobert and why they took this trade rather than other options that may have been on the table for the Utah Jazz. Then Locke looks into what did we really get in this trade and what are the possibilities of benefit for trading one of the great players in franchise history. A look at each of the 5 first round picks and what they could become and the margin starts to expand the farther out you go. Then are the Utah Jazz re-building? Why now would be the question. That is a decision that the Jazz don’t need to make for the some time. Summer league kicks off today and what are the Utah Jazz looking for and who could make an impression. What the Jazz want to see from Jared Butler Locked On Jazz Podcast 💻 https://www.lockedonjazz.net/ 🎧 LockedOnJazz.com https://buff.ly/2FEZTVY 🎧 Apple https://apple.co/3Dc8QBq 🎧 Spotify https://spoti.fi/3IfvgVX 🎧Stitcher https://bit.ly/3pkGyzB 🎧 Google https://bit.ly/3I8TwJz
NBA Free Agency is here for the Utah Jazz
NBA Free Agency is day is here for the Utah Jazz. What can we expect to take place? Will the Utah Jazz make a trade? Is this the day Rudy Gobert or Mike Conley or Donovan Mitchell gets traded? Do the Jazz have a free agency move to be made? David Locke, radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA insider take a look at all of these questions and gives you the free agency primer. Is the market drying up on the Utah Jazz? The Clippers and Wizards have already made moves and the Atlanta Hawks have used their draft capital. Rumors continue with Rudy Gobert at the forefront and we take a look at what those deals might be for the Utah Jazz and what would have to be included to make a deal happen. Then a look at the Utah Jazz options at the tax payer mid level contractsand what the Jazz current roster looks like and what could take place. Locked On Jazz Podcast 💻 https://www.lockedonjazz.net/ 🎧 LockedOnJazz.com https://buff.ly/2FEZTVY 🎧 Apple https://apple.co/3Dc8QBq 🎧 Spotify https://spoti.fi/3IfvgVX 🎧Stitcher https://bit.ly/3pkGyzB 🎧 Google https://bit.ly/3I8TwJz
- JAZZ GAME REWIND: 2nd Half propels Toronto past the youthful Jazz October 2, 2022
- Utah Jazz trade Rudy Gobert – the emotions, the decision making, what did we get and what now July 5, 2022
- NBA Free Agency is here for the Utah Jazz June 30, 2022
- New Utah Jazz Head Coach Will Hardy: What formed him, what influences, style of play and staff June 29, 2022
- Utah Jazz free agency decision making tree, the case for Johnnie Bryant and NBA Menus June 28, 2022