EMPTYING THE NOGGIN
Summary: The Utah Jazz put a complete 48 minutes of near perfect concentration to blow out the Golden State Warriors by 30 while playing in the new City uniforms.
- The message from the Jazz coaching staff all morning was it will take 48 minutes. Last time the two teams played the Jazz gave a solid 24 minutes before the Warriors blew them out by 20. Tonight it didn’t take 48 minutes because the Jazz were ahead by enough that the Warriors waved the white flag with more than 6 minutes to play.
- The Jazz had been struggling offensive recently and been carried by the defense. Tonight the Offense went nuts early and never stopped. The Jazz outscored the Warriors 15-0 from behind the three point line in the 1st Lead by Joe Ingles three 3 pointers. Joe Ingles set the tone for the night and went on to hit 6 three pointers, a new career high. Kevin Durant went under picks early leaving Ingles open for no apparent reason.
- The Jazz scored 35 in the 1st quarter, 34 in the 2nd quarter and 34 in the third quarter for 103 points in the 3rd quarter, the 2nd highest total of the season. Jazz 56% FG was the highest allowed by the Warriors in the Steve Kerr era and the Jazz hit on 14 of 28 from three.
- Donovan Mitchell got three fouls in the 1st quarter and without Rodney Hood it seemed as though his loss would be significant but the combined work of Royce O’Neale and Alec Burks was terrific. What O’Neale has brought to the Jazz with his defensive presence, strong offensive attacks and solid ball handling can’t be underestimated. Alec Burks has in a horrific shooting slump and has worked out of it playing smart controlled basketball.
- Ricky Rubio had one of the best nights of his career. He went for 20 points, 5 rebounds and 10 assists for the third time in his career (23 points, 5 rebounds and 11 assists). He was very aggressive driving to the basket. The key to Rubio’s game is his ability to make layups. He was able to get to the rim and finish tonight and the few times he didn’t it was scooped up by Favors or Gobert for a follow.
- The Jazz defense was great. It was the Warriors 6th worst offensive night of the year. Since Gobert has come back the Jazz have the best defense in the NBA. He is that much of a difference maker.
- The Warriors ran one of the most gorgeous plays you can see. Durant came off a curl on the right side and got the pass from Green who was straight away above the circle and the Jazz defended it perfectly. So Durant swung it back to Green and then Curry came off a curl on the left side but as he came off the Thompson pick, Thompson slipped to the basket, Curry immediately passed it to Thompson who seemed to be on his way for a gorgeous layup. Instead he ran into Gobert. Then he faded back for a baseline jumper and missed. It is the power of Rudy.
- Derrick Favors was superb tonight as well with 18 points and 10 rebounds. He made 9 of his 11 shots.
- Donovan had a great third quarter with 12 points while being guarded by Klay Thompson
- All around brilliant performance from the Jazz who have won 4 of 5 and 5 of 7. Rudy Gobert matters.
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Donovan Mitchell on off court legacy, on court development and this year’s Jazz. Craig Bolerjack kicks off preview series
Donovan Mitchell signed his extension and then discussed what he will do with his new found wealth, how his off court legacy is what matters most to him, how is game changed in the bubble and how this year’s group will need to integrate. Then David Locke, the radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA Insider, sits down the with voice of the Utah Jazz Craig Bolerjack to discuss the upcoming season and Donovan Mitchell’s development.
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Creating the Jazz rotation for the upcoming season and winners and losers of free agency
David Locke, the radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA Insider was very surprised by the structure of the schedule and he talks about why. The Utah Jazz will allow fans in the stands on a limited basis. Locke looks into the rotation of the Utah Jazz and how to put together all of this talent and finally who were the winners and losers of Free Agency.
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Dark Mode, Western Conference Over Unders where do Utah Jazz sit?
The Utah Jazz revealed dark mode and it was kinda awesome. David Locke, radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA insider makes his case for a color change for the Utah Jazz. Then he looks at the Western Conference over unders and where the Jazz and the rest of the West sit. Plus, a quick look at the Utah Jazz rotation for the upcoming season.
- LOCKED ON JAZZ – Donovan Mitchell on off court legacy, on court development and this year’s Jazz. Craig Bolerjack kicks off preview series November 30, 2020
- LOCKED ON JAZZ – Creating the Jazz rotation for the upcoming season and winners and losers of free agency November 25, 2020
- LOCKED ON JAZZ – Dark Mode, Western Conference Over Unders where do Utah Jazz sit? November 24, 2020
- LOCKED ON JAZZ – Mitchell re-signs rookie extension, Favors returns to Utah, Clarkson comes back to lead the Bench November 23, 2020
- BREAKING LOCKED ON JAZZ- The Utah Jazz have signed Derrick Favors and re-signed Jordan Clarkson November 20, 2020
Utah Jazz1 week ago
BREAKING LOCKED ON JAZZ- The Utah Jazz have signed Derrick Favors and re-signed Jordan Clarkson
Utah Jazz2 weeks ago
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Why did the Jazz go big? Who are Udoka Azubuike and Elijah Hughes?
Utah Jazz1 week ago
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Mitchell re-signs rookie extension, Favors returns to Utah, Clarkson comes back to lead the Bench
Utah Jazz1 week ago
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Free Agency Day. What can the Utah Jazz do? The 7 best listener trades