EMPTYING THE NOGGIN
Summary: The Utah Jazz put a complete 48 minutes of near perfect concentration to blow out the Golden State Warriors by 30 while playing in the new City uniforms.
- The message from the Jazz coaching staff all morning was it will take 48 minutes. Last time the two teams played the Jazz gave a solid 24 minutes before the Warriors blew them out by 20. Tonight it didn’t take 48 minutes because the Jazz were ahead by enough that the Warriors waved the white flag with more than 6 minutes to play.
- The Jazz had been struggling offensive recently and been carried by the defense. Tonight the Offense went nuts early and never stopped. The Jazz outscored the Warriors 15-0 from behind the three point line in the 1st Lead by Joe Ingles three 3 pointers. Joe Ingles set the tone for the night and went on to hit 6 three pointers, a new career high. Kevin Durant went under picks early leaving Ingles open for no apparent reason.
- The Jazz scored 35 in the 1st quarter, 34 in the 2nd quarter and 34 in the third quarter for 103 points in the 3rd quarter, the 2nd highest total of the season. Jazz 56% FG was the highest allowed by the Warriors in the Steve Kerr era and the Jazz hit on 14 of 28 from three.
- Donovan Mitchell got three fouls in the 1st quarter and without Rodney Hood it seemed as though his loss would be significant but the combined work of Royce O’Neale and Alec Burks was terrific. What O’Neale has brought to the Jazz with his defensive presence, strong offensive attacks and solid ball handling can’t be underestimated. Alec Burks has in a horrific shooting slump and has worked out of it playing smart controlled basketball.
- Ricky Rubio had one of the best nights of his career. He went for 20 points, 5 rebounds and 10 assists for the third time in his career (23 points, 5 rebounds and 11 assists). He was very aggressive driving to the basket. The key to Rubio’s game is his ability to make layups. He was able to get to the rim and finish tonight and the few times he didn’t it was scooped up by Favors or Gobert for a follow.
- The Jazz defense was great. It was the Warriors 6th worst offensive night of the year. Since Gobert has come back the Jazz have the best defense in the NBA. He is that much of a difference maker.
- The Warriors ran one of the most gorgeous plays you can see. Durant came off a curl on the right side and got the pass from Green who was straight away above the circle and the Jazz defended it perfectly. So Durant swung it back to Green and then Curry came off a curl on the left side but as he came off the Thompson pick, Thompson slipped to the basket, Curry immediately passed it to Thompson who seemed to be on his way for a gorgeous layup. Instead he ran into Gobert. Then he faded back for a baseline jumper and missed. It is the power of Rudy.
- Derrick Favors was superb tonight as well with 18 points and 10 rebounds. He made 9 of his 11 shots.
- Donovan had a great third quarter with 12 points while being guarded by Klay Thompson
- All around brilliant performance from the Jazz who have won 4 of 5 and 5 of 7. Rudy Gobert matters.
JAZZ GAME REWIND: 2nd Half propels Toronto past the youthful Jazz
The Jazz fell short in the second half as the Toronto defense shut the new-look Jazz down in route to cruising to an 114 – 82 Raptors victory. Lauri Markkanen shined for the Jazz with 20 points and 5 rebounds but the Raptors length and athleticism proved to be too much for the Jazz riding a dominant 3rd quarter to pull away from the Jazz who played well in the first half, only trailing by one.
Relive the game through the radio highlights. Voiced by Leif Thulin.
Utah Jazz trade Rudy Gobert – the emotions, the decision making, what did we get and what now
The Utah Jazz traded Rudy Gobert on Friday after a 4th of July weekend to soak in the biggest news of the NBA trade season we try to digest what it means for the Utah Jazz. David Locke, radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA Insider, take a look at all angles of the Rudy Gobert trade. The emotions of losing one of your own and a beloved player like Rudy Gobert. The player that we knew how great he was and had to argue on his behalf and now someone else gets the pleasure. Locke revisits the decision making tree of the Utah Jazz and how they got to trading Rudy Gobert and why they took this trade rather than other options that may have been on the table for the Utah Jazz. Then Locke looks into what did we really get in this trade and what are the possibilities of benefit for trading one of the great players in franchise history. A look at each of the 5 first round picks and what they could become and the margin starts to expand the farther out you go. Then are the Utah Jazz re-building? Why now would be the question. That is a decision that the Jazz don’t need to make for the some time. Summer league kicks off today and what are the Utah Jazz looking for and who could make an impression. What the Jazz want to see from Jared Butler Locked On Jazz Podcast 💻 https://www.lockedonjazz.net/ 🎧 LockedOnJazz.com https://buff.ly/2FEZTVY 🎧 Apple https://apple.co/3Dc8QBq 🎧 Spotify https://spoti.fi/3IfvgVX 🎧Stitcher https://bit.ly/3pkGyzB 🎧 Google https://bit.ly/3I8TwJz
NBA Free Agency is here for the Utah Jazz
NBA Free Agency is day is here for the Utah Jazz. What can we expect to take place? Will the Utah Jazz make a trade? Is this the day Rudy Gobert or Mike Conley or Donovan Mitchell gets traded? Do the Jazz have a free agency move to be made? David Locke, radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA insider take a look at all of these questions and gives you the free agency primer. Is the market drying up on the Utah Jazz? The Clippers and Wizards have already made moves and the Atlanta Hawks have used their draft capital. Rumors continue with Rudy Gobert at the forefront and we take a look at what those deals might be for the Utah Jazz and what would have to be included to make a deal happen. Then a look at the Utah Jazz options at the tax payer mid level contractsand what the Jazz current roster looks like and what could take place. Locked On Jazz Podcast 💻 https://www.lockedonjazz.net/ 🎧 LockedOnJazz.com https://buff.ly/2FEZTVY 🎧 Apple https://apple.co/3Dc8QBq 🎧 Spotify https://spoti.fi/3IfvgVX 🎧Stitcher https://bit.ly/3pkGyzB 🎧 Google https://bit.ly/3I8TwJz
- JAZZ GAME REWIND: 2nd Half propels Toronto past the youthful Jazz October 2, 2022
- Utah Jazz trade Rudy Gobert – the emotions, the decision making, what did we get and what now July 5, 2022
- NBA Free Agency is here for the Utah Jazz June 30, 2022
- New Utah Jazz Head Coach Will Hardy: What formed him, what influences, style of play and staff June 29, 2022
- Utah Jazz free agency decision making tree, the case for Johnnie Bryant and NBA Menus June 28, 2022