SUMMARY: Utah Jazz offense explodes and carries the Jazz to a strong 125-113 win ended the Los Angeles Clippers win streak.
- Jazz scored a season high points in a quarter with 39 in the 1st quarter, they scored the most points they have scored in a half with 76 points. They came close to equaling their season high against the Clippers earlier this season with 125 points.
- In many ways the Jazz defense early in the game got the offense going. The Jazz were taking Lou Williams out of the game with a double team on him every time he came off a pick. This slowed the Clippers pace of play and forced them later into the shot clock then they are usually comfortable with and it forced them into mistakes which the Jazz took advantage of and turned them into points.
- Three unsung heroes tonight. Alec Burks got playing time with Rodney Hood out of the game with a leg contusion and had a superb game. Burks had 15 points, 6 rebounds and took 8 trips to the free throw line in 18 minutes. Royce O’Neale played 12 minutes and scored 8 points on 3 for 3 shooting to go with 2 rebounds and a steal.
- It would be a stretch to say those are Rodney Hood’s minutes as many times the two were on the floor together. However, they aren’t getting minutes when Rodney is playing and they combined for 30 minutes and 27 points on 7 of 10 shooting. That is very strong work in place of Rodney.
- Raul Neto is the other unsung hero. He has been solid all season long. The Jazz are consistently playing better when he is on the floor. He breaks the paint with regularity and creates opportunities. He doesn’t gamble offensively or defensively. The Jazz are +19.4 per 48 minutes when he is on the floor. Not sure this translates to larger minutes because he is being used carefully. However, most of it on the defensive end where the defensive rating with Neto on the floor in 92.4 compared to 107 when he is off the floor. Both of those seem really far out of whack.
- Donovan Mitchell scored 23 tonight which is his 21st game of 20 or more. He is the 3rd player in the last 20 years, Tyreke Evans and Blake Griffin to accomplish this.
- Joe Ingles had 21 points tying his career high. Joe buried 5 threes on 10 attempts.
- Donovan Mitchell’s passing is great. He is days away from a 10 assist game. He had 7 for the 2nd straight night.
- Jazz got great balanced rebounding and took advantage of the Clippers lack of DeAndre Jordan to score 15 2nd chance points. Favors lead the way with 12 rebounds, 7 for Gobert, 6 for Rubio, Burks and Jerebko, 5 for Johnson and Mitchell.
- Favors had another double double with 14 points and 12 rebounds.
- Rudy Gobert looked good in his 2nd game back on a back end of a back to back.
- The Clippers put together a push late in the game, but Jerebko got a big 3 and Gobert blocked a Lou Williams shot and released out for a dunk.
- Lou Williams had 31 points and 10 steals, this has been done twice according to basketball reference since 1985 and if you add the 7 assists no one else has ever had this box score line.
JAZZ GAME REWIND: 2nd Half propels Toronto past the youthful Jazz
The Jazz fell short in the second half as the Toronto defense shut the new-look Jazz down in route to cruising to an 114 – 82 Raptors victory. Lauri Markkanen shined for the Jazz with 20 points and 5 rebounds but the Raptors length and athleticism proved to be too much for the Jazz riding a dominant 3rd quarter to pull away from the Jazz who played well in the first half, only trailing by one.
Relive the game through the radio highlights. Voiced by Leif Thulin.
Utah Jazz trade Rudy Gobert – the emotions, the decision making, what did we get and what now
The Utah Jazz traded Rudy Gobert on Friday after a 4th of July weekend to soak in the biggest news of the NBA trade season we try to digest what it means for the Utah Jazz. David Locke, radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA Insider, take a look at all angles of the Rudy Gobert trade. The emotions of losing one of your own and a beloved player like Rudy Gobert. The player that we knew how great he was and had to argue on his behalf and now someone else gets the pleasure. Locke revisits the decision making tree of the Utah Jazz and how they got to trading Rudy Gobert and why they took this trade rather than other options that may have been on the table for the Utah Jazz. Then Locke looks into what did we really get in this trade and what are the possibilities of benefit for trading one of the great players in franchise history. A look at each of the 5 first round picks and what they could become and the margin starts to expand the farther out you go. Then are the Utah Jazz re-building? Why now would be the question. That is a decision that the Jazz don’t need to make for the some time. Summer league kicks off today and what are the Utah Jazz looking for and who could make an impression. What the Jazz want to see from Jared Butler Locked On Jazz Podcast 💻 https://www.lockedonjazz.net/ 🎧 LockedOnJazz.com https://buff.ly/2FEZTVY 🎧 Apple https://apple.co/3Dc8QBq 🎧 Spotify https://spoti.fi/3IfvgVX 🎧Stitcher https://bit.ly/3pkGyzB 🎧 Google https://bit.ly/3I8TwJz
NBA Free Agency is here for the Utah Jazz
NBA Free Agency is day is here for the Utah Jazz. What can we expect to take place? Will the Utah Jazz make a trade? Is this the day Rudy Gobert or Mike Conley or Donovan Mitchell gets traded? Do the Jazz have a free agency move to be made? David Locke, radio voice of the Utah Jazz and Jazz NBA insider take a look at all of these questions and gives you the free agency primer. Is the market drying up on the Utah Jazz? The Clippers and Wizards have already made moves and the Atlanta Hawks have used their draft capital. Rumors continue with Rudy Gobert at the forefront and we take a look at what those deals might be for the Utah Jazz and what would have to be included to make a deal happen. Then a look at the Utah Jazz options at the tax payer mid level contractsand what the Jazz current roster looks like and what could take place. Locked On Jazz Podcast 💻 https://www.lockedonjazz.net/ 🎧 LockedOnJazz.com https://buff.ly/2FEZTVY 🎧 Apple https://apple.co/3Dc8QBq 🎧 Spotify https://spoti.fi/3IfvgVX 🎧Stitcher https://bit.ly/3pkGyzB 🎧 Google https://bit.ly/3I8TwJz
- JAZZ GAME REWIND: 2nd Half propels Toronto past the youthful Jazz October 2, 2022
- Utah Jazz trade Rudy Gobert – the emotions, the decision making, what did we get and what now July 5, 2022
- NBA Free Agency is here for the Utah Jazz June 30, 2022
- New Utah Jazz Head Coach Will Hardy: What formed him, what influences, style of play and staff June 29, 2022
- Utah Jazz free agency decision making tree, the case for Johnnie Bryant and NBA Menus June 28, 2022