SUMMARY: Utah Jazz offense explodes and carries the Jazz to a strong 125-113 win ended the Los Angeles Clippers win streak.
- Jazz scored a season high points in a quarter with 39 in the 1st quarter, they scored the most points they have scored in a half with 76 points. They came close to equaling their season high against the Clippers earlier this season with 125 points.
- In many ways the Jazz defense early in the game got the offense going. The Jazz were taking Lou Williams out of the game with a double team on him every time he came off a pick. This slowed the Clippers pace of play and forced them later into the shot clock then they are usually comfortable with and it forced them into mistakes which the Jazz took advantage of and turned them into points.
- Three unsung heroes tonight. Alec Burks got playing time with Rodney Hood out of the game with a leg contusion and had a superb game. Burks had 15 points, 6 rebounds and took 8 trips to the free throw line in 18 minutes. Royce O’Neale played 12 minutes and scored 8 points on 3 for 3 shooting to go with 2 rebounds and a steal.
- It would be a stretch to say those are Rodney Hood’s minutes as many times the two were on the floor together. However, they aren’t getting minutes when Rodney is playing and they combined for 30 minutes and 27 points on 7 of 10 shooting. That is very strong work in place of Rodney.
- Raul Neto is the other unsung hero. He has been solid all season long. The Jazz are consistently playing better when he is on the floor. He breaks the paint with regularity and creates opportunities. He doesn’t gamble offensively or defensively. The Jazz are +19.4 per 48 minutes when he is on the floor. Not sure this translates to larger minutes because he is being used carefully. However, most of it on the defensive end where the defensive rating with Neto on the floor in 92.4 compared to 107 when he is off the floor. Both of those seem really far out of whack.
- Donovan Mitchell scored 23 tonight which is his 21st game of 20 or more. He is the 3rd player in the last 20 years, Tyreke Evans and Blake Griffin to accomplish this.
- Joe Ingles had 21 points tying his career high. Joe buried 5 threes on 10 attempts.
- Donovan Mitchell’s passing is great. He is days away from a 10 assist game. He had 7 for the 2nd straight night.
- Jazz got great balanced rebounding and took advantage of the Clippers lack of DeAndre Jordan to score 15 2nd chance points. Favors lead the way with 12 rebounds, 7 for Gobert, 6 for Rubio, Burks and Jerebko, 5 for Johnson and Mitchell.
- Favors had another double double with 14 points and 12 rebounds.
- Rudy Gobert looked good in his 2nd game back on a back end of a back to back.
- The Clippers put together a push late in the game, but Jerebko got a big 3 and Gobert blocked a Lou Williams shot and released out for a dunk.
- Lou Williams had 31 points and 10 steals, this has been done twice according to basketball reference since 1985 and if you add the 7 assists no one else has ever had this box score line.
JAZZ GAME REWIND- The Heat Get The Best Of The Jazz The Second Time Around
The Jazz headed back east to wrap up the first half of the schedule. Here is a recap of the first stop in Miami as they took on the Heat for the second time in as many weeks.
QUIN SNYDER COACHES SHOW- How Do Teams Try And Prep For Rudy Knowing How Dominant He Is
David Locke talks with Jazz Head Coach, Quin Snyder, about how teams prepare this season with the unique schedule and when you have a player as dominant as Rudy Gobert.
POSTCAST – The Butler did it in Miami as the Jazz fall to the Heat
The Utah Jazz fell on the first of a 4 game road trip as Jimmy Butler had a 32 point night for the Miami Heat. David Locke hosts POSTCAST with his breakdown of the game and then your comments and thoughts
- JAZZ GAME REWIND- The Heat Get The Best Of The Jazz The Second Time Around February 26, 2021
- QUIN SNYDER COACHES SHOW- How Do Teams Try And Prep For Rudy Knowing How Dominant He Is February 26, 2021
- POSTCAST – The Butler did it in Miami as the Jazz fall to the Heat February 26, 2021
- LOCKED ON JAZZ – Utah Jazz v. the best and Jazz place in NBA history so far plus buyout market questions February 26, 2021
- LOCKED ON JAZZ – More record setting v. Los Angeles Lakers. Utah Jazz shot clock use tells a story February 25, 2021
Utah Jazz2 weeks ago
POSTCAST – Passion filled POSTCAST about how brilliant the Utah Jazz have been this year
Utah Jazz1 week ago
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Did Clippers write defensive script? Can Rudy Gobert be more dominant? Cord cutting and buy out market for the Utah Jazz
Utah Jazz1 week ago
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Dwayne Wade has Donovan Mitchell as All-Star Starter, Previewing the Clippers, Quin Snyder Wednesday
Utah Jazz2 weeks ago
LOCKED ON JAZZ – Jordan Clarkson’s vibe and history, Donovan Mitchell’s pass is the fabric of the team